Where can we use hacks?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by KhalDrogo, Apr 13, 2021.

1. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    This thread is not about any particular hack, be it legal or not. And by hack Drogo means any automation or enhancement not provided by Vanilla Minecraft (excluding perks granted through ranks)

The rules state

Where can I use hacks?

Only legal hacks may be used. You may use hacks on your own island ONLY. You must ask for permission to use hacks on another persons island.

So it seems pretty clear to Drogo that you can only hack on your own island and others islands IF you have their permission.

By clearly defining where you CAN hack, this statement also clearly defines where you CANNOT hack. Which is everywhere other than your island and those you have permission on.

The rules do however go on to discuss where you cannot hack and it states

Where you cannot use hacks

You cannot use hacks at public warps and some public spaces. Even if the hack is LEGAL you cannot use them in these areas.

This statement makes it clear that you cannot hack at public warps, which is already clear from the first statement.
    It does however, to some degree, contradict the first statement by saying you cannot hack in SOME public spaces, as that implies that there are SOME public spaces where you can hack.

So with all this considered Drogo would say that you can hack on your own island, other islands if you have permission and some undefined public spaces but definitely not public warps, which accounts for all warps.

Why is Drogo stating what is quite clear, given the rules in place? Because there are still some out there who either don’t understand it or more likely they do, but ignore it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  2. Djryan

Djryan Well-Known Member

The real question is why is the Khal speaking in third person

• Like Like x 1
  3. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Well, it seems very clear to everyone that hacking is not allowed at public warps such as /warp shop.

It certainly seems abundantly clear to the two accounts (Drogo suspects owned by the same person) that hack continuously there to autosell their goods. Why else go to the effort of using disguise and changing your nick every second so you can avoid detection.

Happy news is they can't do it any longer. Not because they have been banned for hacking at public warps, but due to their actions, the /back command can no longer be used at /warp shop.

So the slow process of selling our goods one stack at a time, has just gotten even worse.

Be sure to thanks those who have been running scripts/hacks (exact same thing) at /warp shop for the great inconvenience we now must all put up with.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  4. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

I've seen you use it in the past

Also, it's your choice to use warp shop lol. Just use /sell all if you are uptight they changed the rules. Slow process of selling one stack at a time yeah, but did you know the payments are around 2x more than using /shop? Wow!

5. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    You have never seen me use a hack like this as I have no idea what it is so why don’t you stop with false accusations.
    Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

Fortunately, you have little credibility, so most won’t take your word

There is very little you could educate me on regarding this game, so your pointing out well known facts about how the shop works isn’t required

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  6. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

There can be a whole lot more you can be educated on if you would actually listen to what others have to say instead of picking a certain controversy and sticking to whatever you have to say no matter what. People could agree with me that you do this a lot, drogo.

Yeah right little credibility to yourself, because you never listen or accept that anyone else can be right except yourself, even when they are and everyone says they are.

I have seen with my own eyes you returning to shop multiple times, I have messaged you with no response. It's just like how a mod would ban if you were mining stone and didn't respond, how would they know you arent afk-auto-mining? They can't. So how can I know the difference, you are one of the biggest users of hacks on the server.

7. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    More drivel.

Not sure why you take issue with me, perhaps it stems from your ban appeal for auto mining in which you claimed I was unbanned for the same thing you could not be unbanned for.
    thing is, I didn’t use hacks, where you did.

Attached Files:

8. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

You have never seen me use a hack like this as I have no idea what it is so why don’t you stop with false accusations.

9. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    You admit to it in your ban appeal. I don’t have to see you doing it.

10. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

where

11. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

Now while Frez says weighting your mouse to automine is not technically against the rules, I would disagree. It’s a physical hack as opposed to a scripted hack, but a hack nonetheless

Me on the other hand used no hacks to mine which was why my ban was overturned.

12. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

well wouldn't using f11 be a bug exploit then? how can you disagree that something is not against the rules when it is literally not stated in the rules. that's just like saying running is against the law because someone robbed a gas station then ran away.

13. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    F11 is a feature of vanilla Minecraft. Taping your mouse has been widely discussed as being against the rules.

14. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

it's not an intended feature thus you are exploiting the mechanic. don't make up a narrative that taping your mouse has been discussed as against the rules as it has so much as f11 feature. Automining without client has been discussed as being against the rules however taping your mouse is the mainstream way of doing so, as guess what? f11 trick is an unintended bug!

15. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Cleary that’s not the way the moderators see it hence, I was unbanned and you were not.
    As entertaining as this has been, I have no more time to point out your failings.

16. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

We had different moderators and different moderators handle situations differently. perhaps not everyone is articulate as you are which led to different outcomes. as far as the rules go, we have done the same action. however my mention of you in an appeal has nothing to do with anything I reply to you, this will be my last words on the topic.

17. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Let's stop the arguing please.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1