Skyblock Useful Skyblock Information

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by RedstoneTrails, Apr 6, 2019.

1. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    General Information
    • /warp info has tons of useful information, and is just an overall beautiful place that I think all players should check out at one point in their Skyblock career.
    • Cobblestone and stone generators have a chance of generating coal, redstone, iron, lapis, or gold ore. Any time a block of cobblestone or stone is generated, there's a chance of it becoming an ore. Drop rates can be found here: Skyblock - Ore Spawn Rate Declassified! | Skyblock Forums
    • Quartz, gravel, glowstone, netherbrick, netherbrick fences, and netherbrick stairs have reduced drop rates in the nether. This means you won't always get something when you mine one of these blocks. Drop rates can be found here: Skyblock - Nether Item Drop Rate Analysis | Skyblock Forums
    • Lava cannot be brought back from the nether.
    • Obsidian cannot be mined in the nether.
    • The nether resets every 2-3 months. Most recent reset was the beginning of March 2019.
    • You can check transactions available in trade shops by right clicking the shop chest.

Useful Commands
    • /wb or /workbench pops up the workbench UI. I have never once crafted a workbench on this server, and highly recommend new players use this instead of crafting a workbench as to conserve early game wood.
    • /LNF returns items to you after you've died with them in your inventory. This only works with sand, dirt, and buckets!
    • /links gives links to all of our useful locations, including the link to join our Discord.
    • /home or /is or /island teleports you back to your spawn. This is the only way you can get back home from the nether. I also suggest getting used to typing /is if you don't have /fly, so you can quickly return to your spawn if you accidentally fall off your island.
    • /visit <player> allows you to visit a player's island. You can also click on their name in chat to have this automatically pop up.
    • /coop invite <player> invites someone to join your island. That player will have access to break and place blocks on your island, but can't access your private chests or shops.
    • /trust <player> gives a player access to modify your island, without actually having them join. They will have most of the permissions a coop would have. /untrust <player> when you would like to revoke their access.
    • /lock or /unlock locks or unlocks your island. This means only you, your coops, and people on your guest list can visit your island when it is locked.
    • /guest add <player> adds a player to your guest list. They can then visit your island, even when it is locked. Remove them with /guest remove <player>
    • /boot <player> boots a player from your island. They are still able to visit your island right after being booted.
    • /guest ban <player> boots a player from your island, and prevents them visiting your island.
    Full list of commands can be found here: Help - Skyblock Commands | Skyblock Forums

Rules
    This thread will give you general information on rules for the server. In short, don't do anything scummy, and try to be respectable in chat. Otherwise you risk punishment.
    Server Rules: Skyblock | Skyblock Forums

Certain hacks are allowed, generally only on your own island. A full list of what hacks you can and can't use, and where you can use them, can be found here: Acceptable Hacks/Cheats | Skyblock Forums

Recipes
    Truthfully, this is one of the most important threads. These are all of the custom recipes our server has. You can unstick sticky pistons, make cobwebs, convert between white and red sand, and even easily create the Skyblock map art. I would suggest bookmarking or saving this thread.
    Skyblock - All of our plugin-supported recipes | Skyblock Forums

Spawners
    With our server, there are not specific spawners. All spawners, when placed, will be defaulted to pig spawners. You have to use commands or spawn eggs to set a spawner to spawn a specific mob. Spawners can be picked up with silk touch. You cannot pick up blaze spawners in the nether. Read the thread below for everything you can spawn with spawners, and how to do it.
    Skyblock - List of available spawner types via /SPAWNER | Skyblock Forums

Illegal Items
    The most important illegal trade items to know as a new player are sand, dirt, and buckets. You are not able to drop any of these items. If you die an lose any of these items to the void, you can get them back with /LNF.

How do you get more lava? If you lava has turned to obsidian, you can right click it with a bucket to turn it back into lava. If you need additional lava, you can buy obsidian from players, and then right click that obsidian to get lava.

How do you get more buckets? Because there is no way to trade for buckets, you must acquire 3 iron, and craft a bucket. Iron can be obtained from voting rewards or voter crates, or by purchasing from players.

How do you get more dirt? Unfortunately, the only way to get more dirt is by placing and breaking grass blocks. It is advised you only do this later in the game when you are able to spare some grass to use for this purpose. Your starter island comes with a little over a stack of dirt. I advise you create a platform under your island, or have someone with fly create a platform under your island, before you try to mine this dirt. I have seen many players asking how to get more dirt, while the dirt of their starter island has not been mined whatsoever yet.

A full detailed list on what is and is not illegal to trade and own can be found below.
    Illegal to Own &amp; Trade Items | Skyblock Forums

• Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  2. K41YU

K41YU ahiru-san Moderator Premium

IGN:
    K41YU
  3. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails