Denied Unwarranted permaban appeal

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Samreds, Jul 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Samreds

Samreds Active Member

• Punished account name: hot_tub1
    • Platform or server punished on: survival
    • Ban message if applicable: Multiple repeat offenses
    • Have you read the rules? Yes
    • Do you think this punishment was incorrect? Yes
    • Why should you be unbanned? Because I did not break any rules on the skyblock survival server, I was on my island chilling and talking in chat when I got banned. Also I don't think its fair that a discord ban also gets me permabanned on the server when they are two separate entity's.
    • Please list any other times you were punished on Skyblock: Multiple times before for trolling, fly hacking, by the console.
    • If you know, tag the staff member that banned you: Kerahna and BobaLatte
    • Do you understand and accept our rules and code of conduct? Yes, I read it multiple times trying to figure out what rules I broke, and I broke none.

2. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Reoffending is taken seriously and to have repeat offences only makes the case for a permban more acceptable. Why? Because you make an offence and get a punishment then that should get you to read the rules and then follow them. When a punishment doesn't deter a person from breaking the rules again then that person doesn't care enough about the server to follow the rules and the punishment is no longer to teach the person a lesson, but to remove them from the community so the community is safer and more enjoyable.

Thus a permban is reserved for when a person continuously causes issues within the community and their behaviour shows a lack of regard for the people playing.

Your permban comes from all of your offences showing that your attitude and behaviour is harmful to the community. This include trolling, building homophobic structures, disrespect, harassment, building things that harm the server (lag machines), ban evading and a plethora of chat offences.
    As a server we consider homophobia a major, no tolerance offence and harassment of any player or staff is unacceptable.

The discord ban was separate. It was applied because of an incident of harassment and homophobia. However that ban cements the fact that you are not a person who should be able to participate in the community.

But the question would be do you have the capacity to be a better member of the community and contribute in a positive manner? Because it isn't something unreasonable to ask. In life we follow laws and rules easily and it is that easy to follow a few simple rules to enjoy yourself on the server. And if that is impossible to do, then there are other servers that don't have rules that can be enjoyed.

So the choice will be yours. Prove that you want to be part of our community, do the right thing, follow simple rules and an unban or reduced punishment will be discussed, or, continue being permbanned and decided if this server is the place you should be.

3. Samreds

Samreds Active Member

Writing a reply, please do not close.

4. Samreds

Samreds Active Member

I do want to be a part of the community, and I have been working on the homophobia bit, I feel like I grew up with a very homophobic type community, and all of that was considered the norm, but now that I have internet access literally everywhere, its opened my eyes and I have been trying to phase homophobia out of my life (with partial success so far) but I still have somewhat homophobic views ( I will not be bringing any of that to the server ) and Yes. I do think that as a human I have the ability to change my nature, since my permaban began, I have had a lot of free time to think, and I think that how I acted was not ok at all, and I am Willing to start following the rules, which I have been doing for the most part, even though I may not agree with what other people or staff say, I am willing to follow their directions to try to better my actions and my positivity towards the server.

5. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

As a rule it is very difficult to overturn a permanent punishment and I cannot decide on my own what the outcome will be.
    So i'll be relying on the discord appeal before the server unban will occur. We need a way for you to show that you are safe to return to our in game servers so you may need to prove yourself on our forums and discord upon unban to really show your ban should be overturned.

We will take it from there. Thank you for discussing the ban and responding to everything in a mature way. You will hear from me on your discord appeal first when we make a decision.

6. Krissy

Thank you for creating an appeal, but unfortunately your appeal has been denied.
    We strongly recommend reading through this thread here for any future appeals!
    Thread closed and moved to Appeals Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.