Standards or no?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by KhalDrogo, Apr 1, 2022.

1. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo couldn't agree more Krissy.

2. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    If any staff would like to comment on the post linked below, that would be great.

Skyblock Official Site | Skyblock

If not, Drogo will take it that we are in agreeance.

3. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Staying fairly neutral in this one, siding on #TeamContext. I don't believe scrutinising the word controversial would bring you any hope, If we were to follow that logic, I could disagree with any word spoken, making it then controversial and against the code of conduct, this thread therefore being so controversial is against the code of conduct, and should be removed? We can't follow that logic. Perhaps you would now like all the rules and code of conduct to be re-written? You can't says its either bad or good, there has to be allowance on context.

I'm with you on WTF and its meaning (I myself read the F word when anyone puts wtf in chat, and no matter what people say, we all know that's what it means and that's what it symbolises) but, I side with context on everything.

4. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo's not disagreeing with a word, we all agree, what the F stands for. What we're disagreeing on is the appropriateness of that word.

Drogo, like you, and likely most people, read the F word when seeing WTF.
    Most likely, so does every 8-10 year old who giggles as they types it after a quick look over their shoulder to make sure mum's not watching....regardless of the context.

The staff that have spoken on the topic have said how they feel about it, but as staff, responsible for administering the rules, they need to consider everyone. They know there are kids 8-13 playing this server that really shouldn't be seeing it let alone using it.

If staff are ok with the use of it, then they are saying that they think it's ok for kids 8-13 to see and use it but Drogo doesn't think any of the staff truly believe that.

Should any change come about as the result of all this, it won't be because of Drogo. It will be because of the rules and code of conduct that are already in place and the realisation that they aren't strictly being adhered to and it is the youngest members of the community that are negatively affected by it.

Drogo is sure that some of the staff are thinking, "There is no way we will give Drogo the satisfaction" , but Drogo didn't create the thread for Drogo, Drogo did it for the young kids.

5. Surv

Surv Experienced Member

I must be one of the 0%.

When I see the phrase, “WTF” I say in my head, “What the ****”

I think it’s quite unfair to make claims regarding how everyone sees words.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. inh

inh Active Member

IGN:
    itchynosehair
  7. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    I like how the server caters towards children while most children playing this games are in "middle school", where children swear more than a French trucker getting cut off by a Englishman. I also believe that most of the player here are old enough to got get "offended" by these words. Words are just words and its up to yourself how you go about reading them. The less censorship the better but then again mods want to feel like the gods of the server, they need someway to get their powerfix.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Silence speaks volumes.

9. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    We all have our opinions and not required to respond to the thread.
    This thread is a matter of opinion.

Whether we agree or don’t we don’t have to express it here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo never claimed you were required to respond. Drogo only asked.

11. Magik

Magik Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MagikIsAMush
    To me, that makes it pretty mandatory to respond.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Not at all. It’s still a choice.
    No one’s had any problem voicing their opinion in this thread. Except in response to that post.
    As soon as Drogo asked for a response to that post, the opposing voices changed from giving their opinion to “we don’t have to reply”

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
  13. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Nowadays, you get the famous “if you don’t like it you can leave.” response when talking to staff. Honestly, the only staff member that actually sat down with me and talked about the problems and concerns the players have in regards to the server was Noobcrew. Props on him for at least maintaining the ability to act professional unlike the rest of his inactive staff team.

• Like Like x 2
  14. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo doesn’t see the problem with having a bit of a debate on forums so long as the rules are adhered to. This is an important topic and it seems that staff were happy to weigh in on the debate up to the point that it maybe wasn’t going their way.
    And to be honest, Drogo was surprised that the staff opposed it as they did.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
  15. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    Yeah I’m sick of this fake wokeness, kids are exposed to far worse in the real world. Take it from me who was actually a kid not too long ago compared to the rest of you. There are reasons much more deplorable than the “f word” that I would not be letting my children play this server. And I think we all know what they are. :depressed:

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    "entitled to their own opinion" :hah::D:happy::thumbsup:

I'll fix that for you "entitled to their own opinion if it matches the staffs"

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  17. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    you dropped this crown king
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1