Withdrawn Craney100's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Craney100, May 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Triggered

Triggered Well-Known Member

I will go with support, but I have some feedback.

I feel like you intervene with situations a lot, especially when it’s already being handled by a staff member.

I have already seen 2 of these cases within a 4 day period.

8/12/20
    39C82681-CD4B-4D83-8290-1A2EB9C94AD6.jpeg
    Here, NS is clearly already on the case. Yes, he’s a discord moderator, but he is still a staff member. Not to mention, it seemed like you had no idea what you were saying.
    589A6F0F-0DF3-4085-852A-EDAF26830216.jpeg Here NS tells you to stop.
    C3EEC4E2-D91B-4FBA-A232-CDD4D75C4FB3.jpeg Yet you continue to do so, and NS has to point it out once again to stop.

Overall, there was no need to intervene with the situation, NS was handling it properly.

8/16/20
    AE110051-FF7D-490C-9C6A-DE99FF730BBD.jpeg
    Here, Laini had been already handling the situation for over 10 minutes, there was really no point in trying to intervene as Laini was handling it smoothly.
    E634A20B-52DA-4A5A-87AD-4CF1D17F7781.jpeg Yet you decide to intervene again. You basically repeated what Laini said earlier to the user.
    19C71994-F45A-4BB0-8236-82D09181DA18.jpeg

The problem with intervening a situation, especially one that’s being dealt with properly is that it confuses the staff member handling it and the user. Why?

Because you were also asking the user questions. Now, they have to answer two different questions, confusing them as to who’s answering who. Especially for the staff member, since you were also asking the user questions, as well as Laini was, Laini may had had no idea who the user was even responding to. It’s best to leave it to the staff members when they’re already handling a situation, no need to intervene, in my opinion.

Sometimes 2 players helping out 1 user isn’t necessarily a problem, but in these particular situations, I felt like you shouldn’t have intervened.
    1) NS was politely asking you to stop.
    2) Laini had already been communicating with the user for over 10 minutes. No need to intervene.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t help, but when a staff member is already helping a user, just let them do it. Overall, you seem like a nice person and extremely active on discord. Which is why I’m going with support, just left some feedback for you :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  2. Craney100

Craney100 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Craney100
    Hi Triggered, thanks for the Support.
    I understand your feedback and if it’s okay I’d like to respond to it :)

The first situation I feel as though I had been made to look like I was starting an argument etc. I was just trying to help out.
    The player in question had been dismissing the way that staff handle situations, and I feel like having a player respond to him may have helped him understand the situation a little better and why people are preventatively banned when having matching IP’s with banned users, You have cut off the message in the screenshots but I had left an informative message letting the player know how the system works and how their friend can appeal, for clarification I will attach this photo here; 7DC4DEF5-F838-470D-99FC-AB3A932AC5E0.png
    I feel like this dealt with the situation well, but never the less I understand your statements about too many people helping out!

The second situation I inputted my thoughts as I resonated with the player. Not long ago I was doxed via the discord platform, and as much as it caused issues for me I wanted to reassure the player that the threats are often empty and often don’t go further than some discord messages to scare you. I apologise if it seemed I was inputting when not needed, but I really did feel for the player after being in the same situation not long ago.

Thank you for the feedback, it’s much appreciated - I’m always trying to improve as a person :)

3. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Bump & Re-Support for Craney! You are very nice and friendly towards others, and are fun to talk to! Can't wait for you to get promoted.

Although I haven't seen you online recently? I'm guessing its just the timing because by the time I have gotten on, its like 10pm for you already.

4. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Thank you matey

5. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    Re-support for craney :>:):D

6. Taki

Taki Active Member

Re-nosupport for craney:>:):D

7. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    Support,
    I have seen you around on Economy, and I think you are a peaceful and calm person that would fit into the team. Furthermore, more frequently active staff members on Economy would be good.
    Best of luck :heart:3

8. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Thanks Jerry!
    Thank you so much Space!
    Any particular reason why? Feedback is always appreciated so I know where to improve

9. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    bump feedback is appreciated

10. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

re support. i think issues like stated above are minor which you're able to work on and have been working on ever since. you're very kind and helpful overall, so i hope you do get promoted.

11. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Thank you < 3

I really have been trying to work on myself as a person, and I feel I've made huge changes to my attitude and the things I do - I'm really happy as to where I am at.
    I have been balancing my activity with in real life, and responsibilities such as work and college have made a return, but I feel I can still balance my time between this and Skyblock.

I know in the past I was demoted from my role as a Discord Moderator, but I feel I have definitely changed as a person since this.
    Time heals wounds and as much as I was disappointed with my Demotion, I have seen it as a learning curve.
    I've actively seeked help from current staff members as to how to better myself, and I feel with the help I've received and the changes I've made, I'd be able to be a great in-game staff member.

I have also actively been trying to create useful resources for other members of the community such as:
    - My Guide on Discord Formatting
    - My Guide on Discord 2-Factor Authentication
    - My Skyblock Cheat Sheets

As well as this, I've upped my activity within the Discord Server and I've tried to interact with more members of the community that aren't in my timezone - through this I've met tonnes of players I wouldn't usually see around, and this has re-enforced my love for the server.

I hope despite my past errors, you can look further than this and see the person who wants this opportunity, and would do anything to have another chance.

Thanks,
    Craney

(p.s For those who are still supporting me in my journey, I really appreciate it & to current and ex-staff members that are supporting it means a lot coming from you)

12. arxh

arxh Well-Known Member

IGN:
    arxh__
    re-support go brrrrrrr

13. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Thank you

14. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Craney, just know this feedback comes from the bottom of my heart and I've talked to several members and waited to see if it would change before I wrote this.

While I feel like yes, you are a good applicant, I often notice that you do tend to repeat things other people have said. Which, while this isn't a bad thing in some cases, there's been times there have been staff helping and you were doing it, regardless of the fact staff telling you to stop (Trig provided proof). It isn't that bad in some cases but in the two major cases I saw, it seemed like the player was getting truly confused with getting hit from questions from two people like that.
    Another thing I noticed is you sometimes may start sensitive subjects. This may be an honest mistake, but its something I have seen a few times and thought it would be worth mentioning just in case you can avoid it in the future.
    Also, you haven't been on /skyblock for 11 days and /economy for 5 days, which if it's just IRL issues it's fine but just figured I'd mention it too.

Love you as a friend Craney. I'm still gonna support you, these are just some things I noticed at the current moment that you may want to work on.

15. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Hey Trin,
    At the moment I’ve been dealing with a few things IRL that have compromised my activity in game. However, this is set to improve in the next few days. I explained it on Discord but I apologise if you didn’t see it.
    As for the sensitive topics, I’ll send you a PM as I don’t recall this occurring.
    Thank you for your continued support

16. Craney100

IGN:
    Craney100
    Hey Skyblockers,
    It comes with a heavy heart to say that I will be closing my Staff Application.
    Recently, I’ve had a little bit of a digital detox, distancing myself from the internet and I feel it has really helped my social life, mental health and confidence.

First of all I want to thank you everyone who has supported my application. You guys are the reason that I play this game, and the immense amount of positive feedback I’ve had over the past few months has been amazing, it has warmed my heart and the comments have made me happy when I’ve been feeling low.
    As well as this, Staff Members who have supported have been a big inspiration to me, and to recognise me as a strong candidate has made me very happy.
    Furthermore, anyone who ever left feedback on my Application - you are the reason I have been able to make positive changes to myself.

In July, I was given the amazing opportunity to work as a Discord Moderator as part of the Staff Team. Although it was only a short time, I gained some immense experience that would help me in the future - I can’t thank those who promoted me enough for the opportunity.

However; I feel the word Demotion has a Stigma around it. What we need to learn is that the past is in the past, and people change, learn and adapt themselves.
    Anyone who has been demoted will know this, they get treated differently afterwards and become a disadvantaged person within the application process and the community.
    The likes of Mai and BertBerry are proof that people change and grow following a demotion.
    (By the way you should all go and support their applications)

Although I’m closing my Application, it doesn’t mean I will stop playing Skyblock. I’m still a big addict that has been playing for 8 years, I wouldn’t be me without skyblock. This is only the beginning of a new chapter.

Stay safe, healthy, happy and if you need anything message me on Discord: Craney#1000 - my dms are always open.

lots of love,
    Craney100
    xx

(Requesting archive)

17. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Application withdrawn at applicant's request.
    This thread has been moved to Withdrawn/Inactive Applications.

If you would like to reopen your thread, please report this post within the next 90 days, otherwise you will have to create a new application if you wish to be considered.
    Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.