Discord 2 Factor Authentication Tutorial - Discord

Discussion in 'Player Guides' started by Craney100, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Craney100

Craney100 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Craney100
    [​IMG]
    Hey guys! Since there has been a lot of focus on the Discord recently and many new members are joining, it's essential that you stay safe whilst using the platform!
    The internet is a scary place, and safety is key. One of the ways you can stay safe is by enabling a handy tool called "2 Factor Authentication"

What is 2 Factor Authentication?
    Two factor authentication is an authentication method in which a computer user is granted access only after successfully presenting two or more pieces of evidence to an authentication mechanism, meaning the system requires more than just a password!

Since technology can be hard, I've simplified the method of enabling this tool down to 7 simple steps to enable you to stay safe on Discord.

Step 1
    [​IMG]

Step 2
    [​IMG]

Step 3
    [​IMG]

Step 4
    [​IMG]

Step 5
    [​IMG]

Step 6
    [​IMG]

Step 7
    [​IMG]

And you're done!
    [​IMG]

How easy was that!?

You're now that little bit safer when using Discord!
    If you need any further help or Assistance, feel free to drop a Reply or Message me on Discord Craney#1000

Thanks!
    ---------------

Craney100
    [​IMG]

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Ooh, this is an amazing thread! Thanks so much Craney! You should ask Megan to add it here.

3. Craney100

Craney100 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Craney100
    I recommend that everyone activates 2 Factor Authentication on their Discord Account as there has been a spike in compromises within other communities - stay safe :)