Cobbel gen

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by GamerLegacyAlt43, Jul 5, 2019.

1. GamerLegacyAlt43

GamerLegacyAlt43 New Member

Add like a bar for the prograss off youre cobbel gen ex: new cobbel gen > level 1 cobben gen > level 2 coal the prograss bar will be on top off youre cobel gen

• No Support No Support x 6
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    I think you may have a misunderstanding as to what the server uses. This server does not use a tiered generator system with levels, but instead has set percentages.

The server has a built in function that detects any time stone or cobblestone would be generated. There is then a set probability that an ore may spawn in place of the cobble or stone that would normally be generated. You can see the exact percentages for cobble and stone gens here: Skyblock - Ore Spawn Rate Declassified! | Skyblock Forums

If you are referring to changing how the system works to then be a leveled system, it would be interesting to see. It would be nice if you got ores in a certain order, at least when you first start. I know many people will get gold or redstone ore in their generator when they're still using a wood or stone pickaxe.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Bard

Bard Active Member

IGN:
    Audibility
  4. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    I disagreed with this part
    more specifically
    I think it would be very hard and time consuming to make ores come to you in a certain order. I think the chances should remain random and not limited to when your a new player.

as for the suggestion if we were to implement a tier system we could start off with very low ore spawn rates and you would be able to upgrade them with ores themself so like a 1/100 chance starting off for all ores then you would need lets say 25 coal ore and 10 iron ore to upgrade it to better chances

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    It seems rather petty to disagree to a hypothetical suggestion in a hypothetical situation in which I'm just saying that it would be interesting.

I'll reply anyways.
    1. It would not be difficult or time consuming to code. The harder part would be figuring out on which basis you wish to run it. Simplest solution would be to keep track of what ores the player has mined. They then just check if the cobble/stone is being generated on their island, see which ores that player has mined, and then there is a probability corresponding to that that then determines whether or not to spawn a certain ore. Once they've mined some certain amount of specific ores, it would then label their profile as done, and let their gen work in the same way as everyone else. One alternative method could be to base what ores they get off of their island level. This is a default option in the plugin they use that they wouldn't even have to add any extra code to. The plugin provides an option for different percentages and ores based upon island level.
    2. The system you described for the suggestion doesn't favor new players, and would make it more difficult for them starting off. Most plugins that allow for tiered generators have a system that favor productivity and new players. So say you start off where your generator has a 95% chance of cobble, and a 5% chance of coal. After you mine 25 coal ore, your generator gets upgraded. Your new upgraded generator now has a 1% chance of iron, and 4% chance of coal. After you mine another 25 coal ore plus 10 iron you then upgrade to the next tier, which unlocks lapis or redstone or gold, or all three. Generally with tiered systems the total ore spawn rate does not increase, but instead the types of ores than can spawn increase.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    No support. The system we have now is great, personally as it controls the value of items from ores (e.g. coal-->coal ore iron ingot-->iron ore, etc.) having a system as you stated would be:

1) Confusing
    2) Theoretically speaking, decrease the value of items from ores even further,
    3) make it seem you accomplished playing the server. I say that because if we have that feature there wouldn't be many levels to add. Sure you can make stuff up but that's going to make it look like trash and you wanted to implement the system just so it's there for your enjoyment.

What RedstoneTrails said was perfect and well detailed (though I lost track in the beginning LOL). Having a random chance of an ore encourages you to keep mining cobble (or stone) and as you keep mining you'll get random ores as a way to keep on using it.

Also on a personal note, your suggestion is kinda confusing and hard to understand man. To top it off there's already a lot of stuff the devs have-that to we have 1 or 2 developers and are in need of more.

7. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    I don't think this is good for the server or the economy no support,

Rich players with huge stone gens will be able to mass sell ores