Zombie Pigmen Spawning

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by DietPepsi22, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

I think that the gold nugget spawn rate from zombie pigmen should be set back to normal. This was a big let down to not just be but other people to when they slowed down the gold nugget spawn rate. A lot of people like to have fun and this was something fun that they got rid of. Let me know what you guys think

• Support Support x 4
  2. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

We definitely need to have more gold drops from pigmen. Having such a low drop rate really hurts non donors and those who can only afford one spawner.
    While the idea to nerf the drops was to make sure people weren't getting an insane amount of gold blocks. I think it is fair to have the drops reduced to make it more difficult. But this is insane.

Some people already have insane spawners and we don't need to encourage more people to make mega gold farms but do we really need to be restricted to get less than a stack of gold nuggets in 3 hours of trying to hit pigmen?

This is what the higher staff miss. You try and make the game more challenging for the skytitans and higher donors by restricting the kinds of farming we do and try to reduce the amount of server lag you have. But in doing so you completely ruin the game for everyone else because they now have to work 10 times as hard as donors do. The balance is wrong.

The best thing to do is let gold be farmed at a decent rate (perhaps a little higher than a week ago), nerf gold as a island level block (perhaps around the rate of prismarine) and let everyone be happy.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  3. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

Soon Guardian spawners will drop nothing because it's a good material like gold and can be grinded like gold, so the same outcome will happen.

/spawnmob no longer does pigzombies, there is a cooldown for /spawner, if you have more concerns, add /spawner pigzombie to d400 only? Like the only difference between d250 and d400 is a 10$ set of wings. Which can still be bought from the store. May as well be donore260(250+wings) and save 140$ because there is no useful difference between the 2.

Thank you.

Leeeroieee

My coop and I are watching our grinder work. Not 1 single drop, no rotten flesh or anything.

4. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Ah well thats new. I'll change my response :heart:

5. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    Support. Agree wth Krissy. Definitely hurts graybeans from getting the things that they need. I always see them in the chat trying to buy gold. The struggle is real.

6. IllegalWiFi

IllegalWiFi Guest

Just no, no

I’ll have to say support. Grinders are useless at this point, lol.

7. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    I was concerned when I heard that there was a sudden decrease in zombie pigmen drops, and wasn't sure if something had been changed without my knowledge. But I checked just now and can confirm that zombie pigmen drops haven't been modified since March 3rd. I tested for a bit and verified that the drops are as intended.

With respect to Brandon's concern, guardian spawners have not been changed to my knowledge. They're sufficiently rare and difficult to obtain that it's hard to imagine them posing a real threat to the economy. It would be a very different matter if donors could do /spawner guardian.

Please understand the combination of /spawner pigzombie, /enchant looting 3, and /repair is considered overpowered and game-breaking, especially when combined with killaura, god mode, and hoppers. The current gold nugget drop rate of about 5% allows a reasonable rate of harvesting gold without posing an undue risk to the economy.

8. Brandon

Brandon Active Member

yeah, the nugget drop rate is now comparable to a nugget haha!

9. Skyzi_x

Skyzi_x Well-Known Member

Support just change it back honestly.

10. Leeeroieee

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Sheep,

I tested it just now with a single guardian spawner on my island, and guardians spawned faster than I could kill them, and they merged as expected. I killed them using a diamond sword with sharpness 5, fire aspect 2, and looting 3. In very short time, I got these drops, which seem normal to me, and the ratio of shards to crystals appears normal and consistent with my past experience with the guardian grinder on my island on classic.

upload_2018-3-14_7-19-9.png

I'm surprised you're unhappy about having a surplus of crystals. When I farmed guardians on my island on classic for prismarine, I could never get enough to keep up with the demand for sea lanterns. :)

But I'm not sure what might be causing the odd behavior you're seeing. We honestly haven't done anything to mess with guardian drops, and as I said earlier, I can't think of a reason we would want to. I do know that there are lots of things that affect spawn rates, including the proximity of nearby players and entities, but from what I can tell, nothing is artificially reducing the rate of guardian spawns or the type and number of their drops.

With respect to pigmen drops, we cannot allow natural drop rates for gold nuggets, since donors can create zombie pigmen spawners using a command and harvest them using killaura and god mode and collect their drops efficiently with hoppers, and the owner has already said he does not want players flooding the market with cheap gold or iron.

11. Leeeroieee

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion!

Unfortunately, your suggestion has been declined. Your suggestion may have not been possible, needed, etc.

This thread has been moved to the Suggestions Archive. If you are dissatisfied with this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.