Zombie Pigmen & Gold Blocks

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Noobcrew, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Don't forget that he mentioned that it's perhaps temporary until another solution can be found.

Some people were demanding the tps to be fixed whilst they were a contribution to its decrease. /levels is something that was added as a fun minigame thing and to see which people have the most creative island, not to be abused just for #1 on leaderboards.

If you compare /classic to /skyblock, nobody had massive pigmen grinders for gold, but gold was still accessible, and spawners were still classed as much as a rare. People wanted spawners for good use such as farming for food, armor, weapons, slime, dye, just to name a few.

Nonetheless, I can see how this affects people, but grinding gold for countless hours isn't what skyblock is about, and never was. As much as it hurts some people, overall, it gives a better experience for upcoming players who join the server, as the tps will be much better.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to alleviate an issue related to this or has a suitable solution, there's a suggestion section of the forums for a reason, and people will be able to respond to that suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Y'know what would be nice? Creating a public spawner place for passive mobs and other type of hostile mobs like mingo_x on /classic as Leee mentioned earlier. People would ask for any public grinders and there are barely most of them are big private grinders, and if there are any then it would usually be small grinders but you can use your 100+, even 200+spawners to use that for purpose and it would really help a lot of players especially newbies to easily farm mobs and stuff rather than getting themselves killed at /warp hostile.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. nfkb

nfkb Well-Known Member

IF this is temporary, and you do bring back the pigmen...I suggest you add a limit to amount of spawners that can be placed. Regardless of which mob being farmed. To equalize the economy on all grounds. And if so, depending on the amount of spawner limit placed, nerf the drop rates as well of pigmen.

With that being said, this is a smart & well played move.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Advurts

Advurts Active Member

lmao r u ok ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    nope we've literally died

6. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    And then people go to the nether and start making a pigmen spawner right there :hilarious:

Anyways, I can understand this a lot and I don't see why people are making a fuss out of gold blocks really. they're practically useless (including the ingots) and their best use is to trade as currency.

7. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    For you to be so irrational is really disappointing. The whole point of this thread was to "Temporarily" help server latency. But you took it the wrong way, you thought it was an offer to the people how spend countless of money on this server. Well let me ask you this then, would you keep donating to a server that doesn't run well or work? or would you like to spend it knowing that you enjoy the game not just because all you do is alts and grind. The reason we have this problem to begin with is people having alts, grinding too much, and island leveling which in your terms defines what skyblock should be and I disagree because skyblock should be hardwork, socializing, and defining not grinding just to be top level. Which is why when scores and level are involve it sometimes ruins games. But if you can't see the reason why this action was done then there is nothing else more to say.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  8. Sarge

Sarge Experienced Member

Noobcrew, thank you for a well needed change. I understand some people are frustrated but it’s a big disadvantage to players who don’t just afk grind.

I hope that the players who’ve invested spawned into grinders find a better use for it.

9. DegenerateGnome

DegenerateGnome Active Member

IGN:
    DegenerateGnome
    Well, this actually makes me happy, I was tired of people hoarding spawners for auto pigmen farms, this is ironic though cause I just invested in spawners for a public pigmen farm the very day before the collapse, well, time to set it to skeletons :heart:

10. MrGallifrey

MrGallifrey Active Member

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    I've been playing skyblock for a while, as well as since the new server was released. I have been working hard my whole time there, and during that time I've worked for my spawners. I've spent a year, but I'm very high up within the in game community. However, disabling pigman spawners is almost like throwing half my work into the trash. Now, I'm not saying that this decision was unnecessary, because the way of life was starting to feel completely pay to win. But I don't think this is the correct change to be made.

Due to this change, I don't believe that disabling pigman spawners will do a whole bunch. Now players have lots of extra resources, such as extra spawners and hoppers. Now people can just reuse those to make their own grinders. The spawners will still be used, and other mobs may even require some more redstone work to sort and kill.

So how do we change this?
    Well, by now, everyone is used to the iconic gold grind way of life. But even if they disable the spawners, people are just going to reuse the spawners for more farms. If we are going to change for the performance of the server, then we need to change this dynamic.

Consider possibly. . .

-Making spawners and filling mobs in spawners harder to get.
    Instead of making pigman extinct within the spawner mechanics, maybe add them in the rare or legendary crate as a rare mob, such as guardians. This will give players another thing to work for, but keep the gold farming off high priority.

-Control how many spawners work within each chunk again.
    I know this may seem annoying, but this will force people to make less dense and therefore, less laggy farms, in hopes which will reduce the server's strain, as in the more in one area, the harder the server chugs.

-Possibly make hoppers faster.
    *If hoppers were faster again, farms would not be required to be as large, as then hoppers could keep up with the mobs, instead of forcing players to make more hoppers to compensate.

-Create a new plugin.
    This may be a harder fix, but maybe a more balanced one.
    Create a plugin that allows you to combine multiple spawners into one, and each spawned mob from that would be stacked based on the concentration of spawners. (This is used on other servers to solve this current issue)
    Create a way to pick up items with a plugin, making the hopper strain better.

-Truly enforce rules on server lag.
    Players with extremely straining islands should be punished, if they choose to not fix their island and make it more efficient in favor of the server, the higher staff should be able to remove or fix the issue themselves. However, the staff should be generous and willing to help them make it faster. (this should be made clear to be a proper rule, and under guideline.)

Instead of complaining, we *need* to come up with a solution to not only solve the gold problem, but balance the server's efficiency, as well as keep the gameplay balanced for all players.

Feel free to add, edit or speak your opinion on my 'solutions' :D

Lots of love, and an open mind, ~Gal :heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. nfkb

nfkb Well-Known Member

I'm gonna add this: If you're gonna put a limit on spawners per chunk...its is HIGHLY likely to create a massive farm by adding 50 or so spawners.

I was in process of building one. And its very likely that ex-grinders will use this to their advantage.

12. SpicylilPink

SpicylilPink Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    SpicylilPink
    Cyk753 was beginning to help us make our grinders more efficient and server friendly. I think if more staff would have been active and doing the same work Cyk was doing, it could have made a bigger difference. Also staff could have contacted those players with huge and laggy grinders, and like Mr_Gallifrey said, they could have been punished for not changing their grinders. Personally my grinder had a lot of spawners, but I never had any lag there due to Cyk helping me with hoppers, and my grinder being built in the middle of 4 chunks, meaning everything was balanced out evenly. The night before the disablement I spent a decent amount of money on spawners, which is now honestly the most money I have wasted on this server, and yes I say waste because I already had grinders for other mobs. Now I have over 300 spawners I don't know what to do with, and the idea of selling spawners in-game right now is a joke. Since players have been selling them 4-10 Diamonds each. Referring to a thread I made yesterday, us players have the right now know when something this dramatic is going to happen, BEFORE it happens.

Edit: I understand that keeping new players is important, but what about the old players like myself who have been here for years? Shouldn't we have a say in how the server we give money and time to handles things like this? The old players are the ones who are willing to spend the most amount of money on this server, and it's not fair to them that their opinions are basically being brushed off and ignored at this time.

Edit again: I'm not saying new players/non donors should be ignored or that donors have more of a say. I'm simply stating they aren't the only ones who need to be thought about when coming up with solutions.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. MrGallifrey

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    I enjoy your effort put into this message, and I think all staff should be informed how to help and keep grinders efficient and lag free. Cyk is someone who has always taken the time to be considerate and think of the server when making stuff, and it shows. I think we could all take the time to 1. Limit the pay to win balance and how spawners perform. 2. Inform the staff on how to help players not only fix lag, but punish stubborn people if needed. 3. Enjoy a server where players of every rank can be happy, where people can make their grinder efficient with lots of help, and anyone who does farm gold can still..... farm gold.

14. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Man, never heard of this. Should've been done to all big grinders.
    Agreed. The devs and admins should've helped players move their grinders with worldedit (if that's even possible) and rearranging the hoppers to produce less lag.

Rip. Its one thing to have wasted money on individual spawners but dont even forget about the players that bought kit spawner, now all the uses they have for them are to make public gridners (if they're generous) or sell them for a cheap 4 dias each.

Overall this is the quickest change I have seen the server go through, especially the spawner prices, which have gone down with a blink of an eye. And I'm not even half certain that this is going for the good. Although I have to 100% admit that gold grinding is not what skyblock is meant to be, which is a completely valid reason to do this, but this could've been done in a more pro-consumer way. See all the suggestions about the situation in this thread and in the suggestions tab.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

The actions of one affects the outcome of many. Instead of blaming the owner for having to put the measures in place, blame those who didn't change their grinders and sorters. People were taking advantage of the kindness of the owner and devs who let gold grinding be allowed and the server has been suffering because of the actions players have taken to be victorious in the game.

Just like irl, things you invest in can suddenly change due to unforeseen circumstances. Except it was a predictable outcome when the lag was so bad the tps was in single digits, people ignored this in favour of making money and refusing to change. The spawners invested were by choice. You didn't need a big grinder. I got by with 20 spawners with a small sorter. You wanted the big grinders, you made a bad investment. It happens.

As said above, people who were afk were punishing people who were not afk by tanking the tps with their builds. Block lag caused non donors and low level donors to die and lose their stuff, and no one could compete with the players who had so many spawners, so much gold that they either placed it for high island level or sold it to make a lot of grass profit. The problem wasn't just lag, but the fact we could not keep new players on the server.
    Island level was adjusted to make it fair for everyone. To get island level requires actual effort, as it should be. So there is no need for pigman grinders at this point. The server is not here to cater to people who have big grinders and many spawners. It is here to provide a place for everyone to enjoy. I barely see the enjoyment in a laggy server with donors way ahead of every other player because they can farm one specific block. There is no enjoyment in 20 diamond s for spawners when non donors and low level donors were struggling to get that much. No enjoyment in building a nice island because it will never be a high enough island level for the leaderboards unless you have gold.

There is no point in pigmen if gold is not needed for levelling islands. Spawners have other mobs and animals that are usable so spawners still hold value; even if it isn't high any longer. At least you can change spawners unlike org.

At some point players need to put aside their personal gains to look at the bigger picture. You cannot be successful in a server that doesn't exist. We need these new players to stay as much as we need all players we have. And this means accepting changes that come, even if they inconvenience you. Quite a few staff had grinders and used gold in some way to make a living too. We spent money on the server too. But instead of complaining, we look ahead to see that this change just means it is time to find a new purpose.

Now is the time to forget about gold and invest in something else. Get creative and rely less on afk grinding. Open shops, make beautiful islands, do something for the community such as small grinder islands for new players.
    Move on, trial this arrangement out, re-invest in something else and lets see no more tantrums.
    This isn't the end of the world, you cannot fall into a heap because your investment failed.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Tbh you can't exactly say that because not everybody knows how to make their gridners produce less lag and not every player had a chance to get a staff member to help (partially because they didn't know mods did that)

17. MrGallifrey

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    The blame is on nobody truly, there's a lot of reasons of why this failed. Many people had laggy islands, and the server wasn't able to limit or handle that. But instead, we need to find what will make everyone happy instead of focusing on what won't. I feel like adding a limit to the spawners per island would be the best way to continue on the server, as that means players that are richer are limited, but whoever wants gold gets gold.

18. SpicylilPink

SpicylilPink Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    SpicylilPink
    I have moved on, but that doesn't mean I don't have a right to be upset about losing money. I spent my money because this server ran on gold, I'm sorry that I didn't think this would be something that would ever happen. I understand that you are not affected by this in any way, but we do have a right to be upset over this, so please do not make how we feel about this invalid.
    And claiming we are pointing fingers is a very strong reach. I do not hold specific players accountable for this, we all played a part. My point is Staff failed us with this whole situation. Staff could have tried to contact players, and this probably would have been easier if staff was more active. I don't feel like anyone tried their best in this situation. Everyone could have done more, from players to staff. But players don't know what to do when staff doesn't direct like they are supposed to.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. MrGallifrey

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    I know it's a bit controversial, but may I suggest adding an alt limit of 5 or so? If you're here to play skyblock, you shouldn't need 20 alts. Essentially you can log in with 5 alts after it would be implemented, and alts added to your ip afterwards would be automatically banned.

But what does this solve?
    It limits, as much as possible, how many farms people can have at once, but also reduces the unfair advantage from people with many alts. This would not only solve a small amount of the farming issue, but would maintain how much a person could spend before they can't have too much of an advantage.

Theoretically, if a millionaire decided to buy 500 alts, and buy them all skytitan, he now has the items for 500 kits per day. Someone with that many alts could DOMINATE the server. If we don't cap the limit of alts, the economy is destined to be destroyed.

20. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Why not make only give Gold Blocks '0.3' Levels,

Make /spawner pigzombie disabled permanently and add Pigzombie Spawners to Legendary Crate as '0.50%' to earn.

• Disagree Disagree x 1