OCE Wonkie's Staff Re-Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Wonkie, Aug 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wonkie

Wonkie Experienced Member

IGN:
    wonkiedonkie
    -------
    Wonkie's Moderator Application (.NET)
    -------​

Introduction:
    Hello again! I’m Wonkie. I live in Australia and I’m currently attending 9th grade. I enjoy playing skyblock since I’ve joined and I like sports like soccer, tennis and table tennis. I also enjoy playing other games.

For those who aren’t aware, I was previously a staff member on this server earlier this year, which I resigned from the position due to a variety of (mostly temporary) reasons. Reasons that caused my resignation mainly consisted in that I needed a break from the game and server as I was pretty much playing most days for about a year and a half straight, causing myself to become unmotivated to moderate at that time, and I didn’t want to have a commitment that I couldn’t fulfil.

I wasn’t going to permanently quit the server; and I probably won’t for a long time. It was merely a ‘vacation’ as I was drained and bored. Anyways, I feel like this break has come to a wrap, and that’s why I’ve decided to re-apply to the position of staff, because I enjoy benefiting the community. I hope you enjoy my application as much as I did writing it. I have loosely used my previous application (linked here) as the building blocks for this application.

Your in-game name:
    My in-game name is wonkiedonkie. However, I mainly use ‘Wonkie’ as my nickname.

What timezone are you in?
    Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT +10).

What country do you live in?
    Australia.

What languages do you speak?
    At this point in time, I can only fluently speak English.

Do you have 2FA enabled? Yes/No
    Yes.

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    I can take screenshots using F2 and I have the Windows built-in screen recorder for video evidence. I can then upload these images or videos to imgur, dropbox or YouTube.

Why do you think you should become a mod?
    There are numerous reasons why I believe I should become a staff member for skyblock. If I could list what traits I possess, I would be experienced, friendly, active, and most importantly, helpful.

To begin with, I am very experienced with server operations. I have previously been a staff member on this server, which means I am very aware of many of the server’s plugins, rules and procedures. In addition, I have previously moderated on many other small servers, where I helped the owners and did some basic moderating. I have also run my own server on numerous occasions, which has taught me the behind-the-scenes work of a server. I am also very experienced with the game as I have played for many years.

Additionally, my time-zone is extremely beneficial to the server. Usually, there is no staff members online at the time I play, mostly because there is only a few staff members actually able to come on at these times. In these times where there are no moderators online, it can make it uninviting for other players as they cannot easily receive assistance that can only be given by a staff member. Having staff members online at this time could potentially bring more players on in the quiet times and keep the server safe from rule-breakers. I’d hate to see this time-zone become neglected.

Furthermore, I believe that I am a kind and compassionate person to everyone I encounter on the server. I’m not too easily agitated and I am patient, so I won’t be easily irritated if someone were to annoy me, or if someone was taking a while to do something. Also, I am impartial to everyone, which means that I won’t give a friend or a well-known person priority over a different person; I am fair and friendly to all.

However, the main reason I believe I should become a staff member for skyblock is that I am always trying my best to help. I am always on the lookout in chat or the help section on the forums for people who need assistance, whether it be someone asking a simple question, or helping them with their island.

How long can you be active on the server every day?
    Below are the approximate hours I can currently be online:
    Monday: Up to 3 hours
    Tuesday: Up to 3 hours
    Wednesday: Up to 3 hours
    Thursday: Up to 3 hours
    Friday: Up to 3.5 hours
    Saturday: Up to 5 hours
    Sunday: Up to 5 hours
    Please Note: These times are approximates and will be in AEST time, I may be online longer or shorter than listed here because of personal reasons, holidays, work, school, homework or other. I usually check the forums a few times when I am at school, and I am also usually on the forums whilst I am on the server.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?
    I have been playing since sometime in 2013, however I have made breaks in between then and now.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
    I was banned in January of 2017 for purchasing an island with too much grass. I can assure you that I have learnt from my mistakes and am extremely regretful of the purchase. I have never been banned on the forums.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
    I have extensive experience when it comes to moderating. I have been a staff member on this server as well as numerous small servers where I handled chat-related issues, basic moderating and assisting the owner(s). Additionally, I have owned my own server, which has taught myself the behind-the-scenes of server operations.

Do you meet the requirements for staff?
    Yes, I do meet the requirements.

I thank everybody who took their time to read my application. It would be greatly appreciated if you were to leave some constructive criticism or a comment below.

Sincerely,
    Wonkie

• Support Support x 15
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    • No Support No Support x 2
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  2. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Full support, I loved you as a helper.

3. Michael

Michael Active Member

IGN:
    michael1234
    Support. I think you would be a great helper, if given another chance. I didn't really get to know you very well, however I have heard amazing things about you. You seem very experienced, and I would love to moderate with you again.

4. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    i mean, werent you that rude lil mod
    ??!?!?!!
    support

5. Hireath (Astro)

Hireath (Astro) Well-Known Member

SUPPORT I MISSED YOU AS STAFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :3 hope to see you soon

6. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    support wonkie, glad u r re applying :heart:

7. Angelos

Angelos Active Member

IGN:
    crispypizza
    Support. Try helping a bit more in game :heart:

8. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

At this point I don't feel like you should be a helper again at this time.

First of all you only came back recently. Your reasons for leaving in the first place were around having a disinterest in moderating further. There is a strong chance you will get bored again and leave again.
    In your absence from the team you have yet to show you have a commitment to being here and it is too soon to reapply.

I don't think my word means anything at all but this reapplication comes too soon after resigning and before you have shown that your activity is not just because you are trying to be helper again since you knew you were going to reapply

But you will get helper again anyway.

9. Wonkie

IGN:
    wonkiedonkie
    Thanks Laini!!!
    Thanks Michael!
    ofc I wasnot. Thanks teqtu!!
    Thanks Astro!
    Thanks Bert!
    Thanks! I'll try my best to help more. I have sort of shifted to helping in pm, so you may not see me help as much, but I am :>.
    Thanks so much for your feedback, Krissy. As I said in my application intro, I didn't have a disinterest in moderating further, it was just that I wasn't very motivated to come on as around that time, for personal reasons. I loved moderating and helping this community, and your word, of course, means the world to me. I hope that over the coming weeks or months I can show you that I am truly committed to this server - it's not easy giving up on something you've been apart of for a long time! :heart:

10. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I mean I have to agree on Krissy with this one. You were not helper for that long and decided to resign very early with being on the staff team. You just came back recently, and you have to prove that you are dedicated because people can think you may leave again.

I'm going to no support this for now, sorry

11. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    You were a great helper and you are definitely cut out for the staff team. I do agree with Krissy, however all I think you need is a bit more time to prove that you are fully committed to the server. I mean, what would happen if similar personal reasons were to appear again?

12. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    Support, you're an amazing person to be around and you where a great helper

Of course you only just coming back is a problem but I've seen you so much (despite living on the other side of the world to eachother D: ) so I have faith you'll stay :)

13. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    SUPPORT You were a great helper you helped a lot and you were very active

14. Parrot

Parrot Guest

re support dad

15. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN:
    Lycel
    Nice to see you re-applying, but here's my take:
    This happens a lot. In fact, I'd say about 30% of moderators who resign have a brief period a month or two after they resign where they come back, apply for another month, then leave again. Psychologically, when you're addicted to something, you can go several months without it, driven to not seek the instant dopamine rush of a positive experience from recent more negative experiences (in your case, lack of motivation), but the memory-linked association between the stimuli (skyblock) and happiness remains in the prefrontal cortex months or even years afterwards, often resulting in relapse. Once you do return, and the negative experiences that made you leave in the first place return, you realise that though it was associated with happiness in your memory, that positive reaction has now been lost, and you prolapse. This isn't always the case, but often it will take you a lot longer than a month to reset and assess whether you're truly motivated to be a moderator again, or if you're just clinging on to old associations in your mind, trying to find happiness in a place your brain is telling you you can get it.

Essentially: you're not the first, nor will you be the last moderator to return so soon after resigning, thinking that being a moderator again is the key to your happiness. Maybe it is, but countless moderators who did come back and resigned yet again soon after, and even more who tried to reapply and quickly gave up, prove that there's a high likelihood that the path you're taking is a rocky one.

I have no idea what my brain just vomited out, so I'm sorry. Let's just ignore that whole mess and move on.
    Support: you were a good mod and a great Aussie bud. I just hope you know what you're doing.

16. Wonkie

IGN:
    wonkiedonkie
    Thanks for your feedback Emerald!
    Thanks Bossy! To answer your question about if similar personal reasons were to happen again, I would react to it differently, as I believe my resignation due to this personal reason was a bit of an extremity.
    Thanks 52!!
    Thanks!!
    Thanks!!
    I greatly appreciate your reply and support, Lycel. I'm very aware of what I'm doing as skyblock has always been associated with happiness to me, and there were minor/no negative connotations to skyblock for me (or not that I'm aware of). My lack of motivation simply came from real life occurrences, and barely from the game.

Thank you all for your replies!

17. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Full support! U where a great helper and even I see you online and I'm at the other side of the world! :p

18. Wonkie

IGN:
    wonkiedonkie
    Thanks so much!!

Also, thanks Devannn_ and Vitorsis for your supports!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
  19. Elpacer

Elpacer Active Member

Full support! you were a funny, great, kind and nice Helper back then. :)

20. Inu_

Inu_ Well-Known Member

No support... JK of course I support you, I understand what people are saying about the commitment thing but I have no doubt you’ll prove it and pass with flying colors!

GL (I wanna say it but I think I’ll get in trouble)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.