Why treat Isuika above the law?

Discussion in 'Help Archive' started by xita4, Feb 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Akrill

Akrill Well-Known Member

Thank you, Killa.

Now there is nothing to continue on here

2. Luke

Luke Active Member

Mmm, it seems like now it's working.. I swear I couldn't kick one of the mods the other day.

And no, they didn't always have vanish.see... looks like crew added it yesterday >.<

On topic: Gwism... Don't kick them either way. He was trying to do his job. I've said this a thousand times, but just ask him to stop, or jump in to help him.

3. nunyabz

nunyabz Well-Known Member

Change the word "player" to "person", and that statement unfortunately applies to just about anything business.

4. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Even 10 minutes is annoying when you're trying to help someone.

5. Sean

Sean Senior Member

Players aren't infinite. If you ban everyone then who's left to play? The point is just warn people instead of banning, ask some questions. It's sad so many people get banned.

6. noobkilla101

noobkilla101 Well-Known Member

Bans are there to punish people to make sure they don't repeat the same mistake or when the offense is severe.

7. creekz

creekz Active Member

That's what tempban is there for. Punishing. :) let em take a two week vacation to think about what they did wrong. If they repeat the offence then double it and give em a 4 week temp.

If there's something I've learned from the 4 pages of appeals I cleaned then it's this; mods tend to permban and then ignore/forget the appeal. Using tempban more effectively will pretty much remove this problem.

8. Riyer

Riyer Well-Known Member

Seriously- you cleared out a lot for me there. I feel I can be a much better mod now, I will start using tempban a lot more.

9. SLGMichael

SLGMichael Experienced Member

Do we have temp ban reasons yet? That is the only reason I don't tempban people as much.

10. Riyer

Riyer Well-Known Member

There is no tempban reason... and that's why I don't tempban that often. I try to warn the person though as to why I'm tempbanning, then do it.

11. nunyabz

The biggest issue is when the player is offline. You can't just tempban the player then have them discover their account banned for a huge period of time without any given warning.

The idea of transforming permabans into tempbans on the forums was created to compensate for a lack of a good tempban system >.>

12. noobkilla101

noobkilla101 Well-Known Member

Exactly this. I seriously thought moderation is common sense. We really need a moderator's handbook to explain these things.

13. creekz

creekz Active Member

We have the ban log forums.

Take screen shots and put it there. If you see the name in ban appeals the present the evidence of your ban reason.

Then the player knows why he is banned, and he doesn't have to worry about being forgotten. I seriously found 4-5month old appeals.

14. Riyer

Riyer Well-Known Member

I have to say- Xelnaga is the most mature of all of us here. He is the one that posted first the truth on ISuika's mod app. Now, I followed. I hope the other mods continue.

15. SLGMichael

I personally disagree with what he did, I feel it should have been left alone.

No, I don't think she should be mod, but I also don't think she deserves being "humiliated" in her app. However, if she breaks the rules, I see no issue in banning.

16. Theway2cool1

Theway2cool1 Guest

No, because Noobcrew never installed *cough* skybans.

17. SLGMichael

>.<

18. MatildaBear98

MatildaBear98 Active Member

I give kudos to both Xelnaga and Riyer or doing what they did in a way.

19. nunyabz

I actually find this fiasco to be quite myopically, focused. And to it's own extent, ignorant. This isn't happening to every thread on an equal basis.
    I see that people find it easy to use this as a target, and something to return to so they can get every last bit of reassurement out of it.
    Instead of milking the s*** out of this one person, and one thread ... like a mass media outlet does with the gunner in a mass shooting ... we should be more focused on handling every thread and user as a whole. We can use this as a model, rather than an a** kissing circle jerk.

That was my big picture perspective about this whole BS uproar. If you don't agree, then go ahead and vehemently yell at me to refute what I've said. It's not like I'm claiming to be magically righteous or any nonsense like that, but I'm still going to make this statement because it genuinely matters to me. That's why I'd like you all to consider this concept ... in accordance with all things in general, when it comes to users.

20. nunyabz

No, I'm saying that people seem to be using this to milk the hell out of it. Sure, people are stating opinions, but some of it doesn't seem genuine. I know urban dictionary isn't a reliable source, but they put this into a pretty good wording:
    circle jerk = "The practice of expressing emotions, feelings, and impractical sentiments as a means of bonding or gaining appreciation for the members of your team. Related activities may include, but are not limited to making lists, repeatedly affirming one's consent with another persons already expressed opinion, etc.

Oftentimes 'circle-jerking' will occur during meeting times when people feel the need to express their own opinions over and over for the sake of hearing their own voice. Furthermore, they will speak in circles, never actually reaching a point, therefore, appearing like a total jerk off...the entire session then seems like youve experienced a circle-jerk."

I honestly don't care about people demonstrating their opinions. But the circle jerk, on a media outlet level, is really just BS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.