Why Everyone Likes Megan and how you can be more like her.

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by UrsusMaiorus, Jun 21, 2021.

1. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Over my time on the server, I have noticed 3 kinds of players. The toxic players, the neutral players, and the good players. I have talked to many people and in my opinion most of the Neutral Players want to be better. This thread will show how one of the most universally liked players on the servers acts and the small changes you can make to be more liked by the server. Why did I choose Megan to be this person? Well, Megan is in a position (mod) where many players will both like and dislike her. Mods get a lot of undeserved hate on the server but somehow Megan avoids much of that hate. That ability lead me to pick her over another non-staff well-liked member of the community because of the added layer of difficultly that comes as a staff member. (if She can do it there is no reason you can't too) I will not be using this thread to call out players (other than myself) and would appreciate it if you also refrained in the comments. This is a positivity thread.

1. Approachable
    Megan is approachable. Whenever you dm her she responds kindly no matter the question. Even if its a dumb or annoying question she is never hostile (something I am occasionally guilty of). Does she probably get annoyed or bored answering the same questions from various people over and over? Maybe I don't know? But the important thing is that she does not let it color her responses.

2. Kind
    Megan is a genuinely kind person. I have never seen her say anything bad about another person While this seems like a simple thing to do many players will bad mouth and cause drama which can ruin friendships. Also, she rarely centers the attention on herself and instead points it to others. (Ursus's note: people like it when the attention is on them if it's positive try to do that more).

3. Consistent
    This may seem to be an odd choice to be included on the list at first but Megan is very constant with how she operates. She is an optimistic person. Being optimistic draws people to you as optimism makes yourself and the people around you feel happy. (Ursus's Note: not everyone is optimistic try faking it. It's like how smiling makes you happy even if it's a fake smile eventually it becomes real). This consistency prevents confusion such as someone's disposition rapidly changing towards you and you are not sure why which pushed people away. No matter how you are feeling attempt to act the same as you would if u felt better.

4. Real
    Megan is one of the least fake people. Yes, I'm aware we are on the internet and many people use an alternate personality behind the screen. While I have never met Megan in person it in genuinely pretty easy to spot people who are fake on the internet. Being real endears people to you because lying is never good maybe people not trust you and being fake is just lying about your personality.

5. Helpful
    Finally, Megan is helpful. Yes, I'm aware she is a mod but I'm not mainly focusing on in-game. One notable example that I recall is I was struggling my way through a math problem and mentioned it in general chat and Megan volunteered to help. This helpfulness was clearly outside her responsibility as a mod and therefore she did it for no other reason than to be kind.

In conclusion, just try to be a little kinder on the server. Even though it's the internet remember there are real people behind the screens even if you can't see them. Just act as if you know all these people in real life and treat them with respect as we should treat all people. And remember let's be kind on this thread No calling out people who You feel should improve instead feel free to shout out people u already think are great.

• Cookie Cookie x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    So only Megan huh? We all offended now :(
    Look what you made Borahae do
    ILY Megan btw no hate plz

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Yes we love Megan but we love everyone too. Hearts and support for everyone :heart: Be who you really are and true to yourself xx

Support for Megan I love her :heart:
    queen, icon, legend. :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2021
  4. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Megan is an amazing individual and moderator, I love her immensely.

All members of the community are amazing how they already are though, and everyone should be unique in their own way just as Megan is :heart:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. botia

botia Active Member

IGN:
    botiaman
    ily megan

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction