What do you study?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Queen, Mar 9, 2022.

1. tetraflak

tetraflak Member

IGN:
    Tetraflak
    I have a very healthy (unhealthy) electronics engineering hobby (whole room dedicated to it.)Work is general labor garbage. Also love programing and math although not very proficient at either. Was in the army like 20 some odd years ago did some electronics stuff.

I think your my new hero drogo

2. Glinnight

Glinnight Member

IGN:
    Glinnight
    What do you study? I am currently pursuing my Masters In Business Administration with a Concentration in Accounting.
    What is your major? My Bachelors is a Bachelors Business Administration in Accounting

And...
    If you work, what is your field of work? I work as a Tax Accountant for the third largest firm in my state. I generally work on 1065, 1120, 1120s, 1040, 1041, and very few 990s. After I complete my Masters I will be eligible to start my Certified Public Accountant studies and pursue the CPA license.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Dausora

Dausora Active Member Premium

IGN:
    Dausora
    I'm studying animal care in college! I'm currently in my second year. Once I leave college I want to work in a zoo or an exotic pet shop / rescue. I also want to breed invertebrates (specifically insects and arachnids such as spiders, scorpions, etc.) as a hobby.

4. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    BUMP!!!
    EVERYONE WHO HASN'T ANSWERED PLEASE REPLY!!!! I am interested to know more about everyone's study. If your study has changed, please update that too!!

More on me~~~~

I am still studying pre-med, but my other degree is in Ancient History with a minor in Hieroglyphic Egyptian. I am going to use these degrees to do a Master's of Research in Bioarchaeology! (The study of human remains in an archaeological context). My focus will of course, be Egyptology! It's a great way to combine both of my passions :) My favourite units this year are all my Hieroglyph ones!

My field of work currently is in the Medical field :)

Updates!?!?!

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. StolenAccount

StolenAccount Active Member

this is a nice thread that makes people proud and motivates them

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. *Slagomizer*

*Slagomizer* Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Slagomizer
    I earned a B.S in biochemistry with minors in biology and Spanish. I initially intended to attend medical school, but then realized I didn't want to throw my twenties into the garbage chute. So I decided to become a different kind of doctor.

Immediately started in graduate school after my B.S. I earned a MA in anthropology, and am about to be ABD in my PhD. Though I am in an anthropology department, I can tell you very little about cultural things, beyond what I have to know to teach the 101 class. I study hominin fossils from about 2-3 million years ago and describe myself usually as a paleontologist or evolutionary biologist, not an anthropologist.

To transition from a biochemist to a paleontologist, I've taken courses in graduate school in archaeological theory, geomorphology, stratigraphy, and the like. I thought my "different" background would be a detriment, but it turns out having someone along who understands developmental biology and epi-/genetics is actually quite useful. I've learned a lot, informally, about 3D printing and scanning, R, and some other niche software along the way.

I've taught college courses and do a lot of research in museums. Field work is a large part of my discipline as well, but there is currently political problems in the country our field site is in, so that's a no-go for now. I also volunteer my time at a women's shelter run a small business.

I got lucky, in all ways, that what I'm pretty good at, what makes pretty good money, and what I love is the same thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. StolenAccount

StolenAccount Active Member

I dropped out of school mostly because my perscribed medication was not working well. I went from being interested in almost everything to hating everything pretty much equally. I'm going back in summer and finish computer science degree then I'll be able to get a director level position at my dad's work (eventually). Right now I'm working there part time writing automation scripts for who ever needs them but today I called in because I honestly didn't feel like working. Bye

8. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    stop this is actually so impressive... really happy for you!
    a bit of shifts in this !! ^^

what do you study?
    currently a high school junior! graduate next year in june 2024 so that's kind of nerve wracking..! i am currently doing ap bio/chem, ap seminar (capstone), and ap language! four APs in one semester :upsidedownface:

for those who don't know what AP (advanced placement) is: in simple terms, it just means undergrad university-levelled curriculums, tests, exams, and content in high school!

if you are planning on studying, what do you plan on studying?
    i am shifting my focus from medicine to comp sci. not only because medicine is hard, it's quite hard for people to get into med school in canada, expensive, and way too long, but it is my backup!

i am leaning towards computer science primarily because i find it quite fascinating. i've completed an intro to comp sci class this year, and i'm doing ap comp sci in grade 12 for an extra boost. i found my intro to comp sci class really fascinating, and made a bunch of neat stuff using java, and i've done some minor html/css coding on the mineverse forums, and minor python coding for a bot. not a lot of "big" stuff in comparison to others, but i don't really care and am interested in furthering my knowledge. :')

what is your [planned] major?
    computer science :')

what is your [planned] minor?
    either something medicine or psychology related, or criminology related!!

what are your plans after graduation?
    if i complete and achieve a bachelor's in comp sci, i plan on either going for a master's, or working in a company while doing some projects on my own!

what subjects have you been really enjoying this year? any particular units?
    ap seminar --> no units but i really enjoyed writing my paper! it focused on women's reproductive rights in america and i really enjoyed writing it as it was a topic with a lot to discuss about!
    ap chem --> i enjoyed learning about quantum numbers :disguised:
    ap lang --> no, but i liked writing my essays
    ap bio --> genetics is so fascinating.. punnett squares, chi squares, mono/dihybrid crosses, really fun!

any subjects you hate or really dislike so far?
    nope :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Coming up to exam season where I'll be sitting Criminology, Psychology and Law

All being well, I'll be going to uni to study Criminology or Psychology with Criminology in 2024

10. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    ayy compsci :)

I remember I posted in here a while back, I'm currently in my 4th semester of compsci, 2 more to go

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Miner_Menace

Miner_Menace Well-Known Member

Wow it has been a while since I've been on and a lot has changed! Last time I played, I wanted to be a teacher (Young kids aged 5-10). Now, I'm studying building surveying - making sure that all buildings and structures meet the requirements of codes, standards and laws. Crazy how things change!!!

• Amazing Amazing x 1
  12. Magik

Magik Well-Known Member

IGN:
    MagikIsAMush
    IT engineering and going into cybersecurity. Currently finishing my last semester.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Nomrial

Nomrial Active Member

IGN:
    Nomrial
    Interesting topic!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    bump pls

15. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Second year BBA - Bachelor of Business Administration

Subjects I am enjoying: Economic Sociology, Macro Economics and Statistics
    Subject I don't enjoy so much - Accounting and Corporate Finance

• Like Like x 1
  16. Devil

Devil stinky Discord Moderator

IGN:
    hellevator
    i wanna study music so bad, maybe producing but im not sure yet, most likely abroad away from germany if my parents let me

17. pringlesman35

pringlesman35 Well-Known Member

IGN:
    pringlesman35
    What do you study?
    - i currently am in grad school for electromagnetism

If you are planning on studying, what do you plan on studying?
    - after grad school ill probably get a doctorate in magnetics

What is your major?
    - in undergrad i had a double major in mechanical engineering and nuclear engineering

What is your minor?
    - in undergrad i had a minor in both market analytics and business studies

What are your plants after graduation? (Eg: Postgraduate, research, find a job)
    - i want to design and manufacture robotics that will replace dead end jobs. ie; fast food basic employees, cashiers, ect, i live off a basic notion that people should not be forced to earn minimum wage at a job they are zombies to with zero passion or creativity. i want the world to change and value every individuals time and create a society that encourages creativity and passion for people. i believe that if i remove most of the zombie jobs that are the primary source of income for the lower threshold of the world that it would force (American government at least) to have an alternative method to deal with a basic standard of living i believe everyone should have as long as they are not a felon in case would give people the time and reduce stress of meeting rent to do what they want passion wise and be overall happy.

What subjects have you been really enjoying this year? Any particular units?
    physics stuff in general is always nice for me but ive really enjoyed teaching calculus 3 and being a T/A for nuke 101 which is a class on the fundamentals of nuclear physics teaching labs has been a rewarding experience for me

Any subjects you hate or really dislike so far?
    anything regarding politics/writing i live by engineers speak in numbers not letters so spelling im not good at

And...
    If you work, what is your field of work?
    in grad school i currently am paid to work on the small on campus nuclear plant that helps power the community and basic power grid. As-well as i get paid to teach lectures and labs

If you have already graduated, what did you study?
    graduated undergrad see above

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Amazing Amazing x 1
  18. Malc

Malc Well-Known Member

Not currently in school but I work at Starbucks and they offer free tuition if I do school online at a certain university so I plan on taking advantage of that. Idk what I'm gonna choose to study yet but I'll figure it out. Probably something related to computers

19. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    You are amazing. This sounds incredible!

• Friendly Friendly x 1