What do you study?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Queen, Mar 9, 2022.

1. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    What do you study? Business Administration with concentration in Information systems

What is your minor? Don't think I am allowed to declare a minor
    What are your plants after graduation? (Eg: Postgraduate, research, find a job) Postegraduate would be great but if it doesn't go as planned then Ill find a job within my field
    What subjects have you been really enjoying this year? Any particular units? Supply Chain Management and Economic history
    Any subjects you hate or really dislike so far? Most of Finance, Calculus, precalc (I dropped the class with a withdraw on my community college transcript)

And...
    If you work, what is your field of work? I currently work in a Dining Hall

2. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ItzVxper
    Am currently a freshman.

What do you study? - Sciences, specifically Biology and Chemistry, with a slight pinch of Physics.
    What is your major? - BS Biology.
    What is your minor? - None at the moment, but if I do, probably Chemistry.
    What are your plants after graduation? (Eg: Postgraduate, research, find a job) - Hopefully I want to apply to med school after taking a gap year to study and take the MCAT.
    What subjects have you been really enjoying this year? Any particular units? - I am currently enjoying Genetics in my Cell and Molecular Biology class, but I'm currently at a B because an exam screwed me over a little bit so...
    Any subjects you hate or really dislike so far? - Not yet but I heard physics is going to be a nightmare.

Basically at my University, in order to obtain a BS in Biology, my future classes are split into 3 lists.

• List A: Cell Structure and Function (Virology, Genomics, Immunology, Biometry, etc.)
    • List B: Organismal Structure and Function (Anatomy and Physiology, Endocrinology, Histology, Neurobiology, etc.)
    • List C: Biological Diversity (Ecology, Zoology, Bryology, Herpetology, Mammalogy, etc.)
    I also must take certain Chemistry and Physics classes as well, which include:
    • Gen Chem I and II (with labs)
    • Organic Chem I and II (with labs)
    • Biochemistry
    • Gen Physics I and II (with labs)
    I have yet to experience all of these courses, but I am excited to take them in future semesters.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
  3. Creepingdeath9

Creepingdeath9 Well-Known Member

Im gona start study to Wind turbine technician
    in august probably

• Amazing Amazing x 1
  4. TheSugarCane

TheSugarCane Senior Member

IGN:
    TheSugarCane
    What do you study? - Cyber security.
    What are your plants after graduation? (Eg: Postgraduate, research, find a job) - Planning on finishing my bachelor's degree, then I am going to start my master's.
    What subjects have you been really enjoying this year? Any particular units? - This year I have particularly enjoyed penetration testing, web security and networking. I'm also working on getting an extra certification.
    Any subjects you hate or really dislike so far? - This year I've enjoyed most of my modules. However, last year I disliked web development as it's not overly relevant for my degree other than knowing how websites work to exploit them, and I'm not really a fan of front-end web dev.
    If you work, what is your field of work? - I'm not currently working, but I'm about to start working in a research-based cyber security role.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Amazing Amazing x 1
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2023
  5. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    What do you study? - Zoology

What are your plans after graduation? (Eg: Postgraduate, research, find a job) - Hopefully I can get a first degree in my bachelors so that I can go straight onto a PhD in bio sciences. Next year will be my final year.

What subjects have you been really enjoying this year? Any particular units? - I really liked field ecology, where I went on a field trip and went out to set camera traps in the countryside and capture wild foxes and squirrels on camera (also lots of cute dogs).

Any subjects you hate or really dislike so far? - My conservation technology module, it was a compulsory module and it's about using software I hardly understand myself to create and manipulate satellite images of an area (BASICALLY A PAIN).

If you work, what is your field of work? - I don't, but hopefully I can get a job or internship at the nearby zoo.

• Like Like x 1
    • Amazing Amazing x 1
  6. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    hi i am study to be bestest restaurant manager

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. NightxCourt

NightxCourt Member

IGN:
    Nightxcourt
    What is your major? Nursing
    What is your minor? None, but if I had a choice, Criminal Justice
    What are your plans after graduation? I think this is self explanatory, lol
    What subjects have you been really enjoying this year? Any particular units? Maternity, lol
    Any subjects you hate or really dislike so far? Medical-Surgical Nursing Stereotypical TV nursing

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. minifigman

minifigman Member

IGN:
    minifigman
    What do you study?

Went t0 trade school for welding.

If you work, what is your field of work?

I currently work as a welder/fabricator. At a mining company.

Although I went straight to work 1 year after graduating high school I do at times regret not taking something at uni. (I had many interests chemistry, biology). But the money of working from 19 y/0 is very nice.

Attached is a picture of my recent works, this is a 50-60 thousand pound rock crusher all painted and ready for use.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2022
  9. minifigman

minifigman Member

IGN:
    minifigman

Don’t know why it’s sideways. Oops

10. Purplevillager1

Purplevillager1 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Purplevillager1
    I really, really want to contribute to this. And we've got some really smart cookies on here! I'm really impressed with all of yall!

I'm currently doing a double major. I'm graduating this weekend, which is exciting!
    - Bachelor of Arts in Bioethics and Health Studies (Medical/Health Care Ethics)
    - Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: Cognitive Neuroscience concentration!
    - I've also got a minor in forensic science!

Psychology is pretty self-explanatory. I've taken some fun classes though, my favorites were probably psychopharmacology, physiological psychology, and a class called brain mind and society.
    In my bioethics degree we have classes that talk about emerging technology ethics (so things like cloning, memory manipulation/other neurotech, and artificial organ generation)
    And there's also the other fun and funky topics, so stuff like euthanasia, reproductive ethics, adolescent decision medical making, organ donation, taxonomy of death, disability, and mental health. I took a class called Ethics in Community Mental Health class, which was super cool bc it was a service-learning class at a psych rehab facility, so we got to actually work with people. My other favorite classes were neuroethics and controversies in death and dying.

After my graduation next week I'll be hopefully be working a job (I've interviewed for a few and should hear back next week) for the summer untillllll...
    I'm alsoooo going to go to graduate school in the fall and will be pursuing a social work and public health dual masters degree! I'm super excited about that. Going to be working my butt off school wise and work wise to pay for it, but that's alright.

I'm hoping to eventually work in medical social work, probably in pediatric palliative care and/or hospice--Working with kiddos facing terminal illness and their families

Anyway yes that's me hi and bye :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  11. Chiyami

Chiyami Experienced Member

this is embarrassing but i dropped out of university after an unsuccessful attempt at studying philosophy.

i would like to go back to school eventually and study creative writing. regardless of if i go to school/successfully graduate or not i hope to write books someday.

and a subject i hate? philosophy.

edit: i have no idea why i tried to study it man i genuinely don’t know what the f*** i was thinking

12. Slikassassin

Slikassassin Active Member

IGN:
    Slikassassin123
    I work on cars.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    update, I now have a job at a zoo !!

• Winner Winner x 4
  14. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    its been a while but I have quit my job at the dining hall at my university and now work as a year-round intern for one of the largest railroad companies in the United States! I plan on joining another internship for the same company but in a different area. If all goes to plan I might get a full-time offer :D

• Amazing Amazing x 1
  15. MorayEel

MorayEel Active Member Premium

IGN:
    MorayEel
    senior in college studying sociology, going into social work
    currently working at a group home!

16. athena_x

athena_x Well-Known Member

IGN:
    creationism
    I study the art of wumbology (the study of wumbo), it’s first grade!

17. Taki

Taki Active Member

I'm currently studying for a masters in mechanical engineering, year 3 out of 4, after graduating i'm hopefully going to work on either aeronautical engineering (hopefully the environmental side) or in aerospace engineering (hopefully the F1 side)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    What do you study? Just finished studying English Lit, Music and Spanish with top grades :)
    If you are planning on studying, what do you plan on studying? Got a place studying music
    What is your major? Music?
    What is your minor? Is this a USA term I don't understand :')
    What are your plants after graduation? (Eg: Postgraduate, research, find a job) Move away for a while then come back home to work within music
    What subjects have you been really enjoying this year? Any particular units? Aside from music Spanish is my true passion
    Any subjects you hate or really dislike so far? Hated maths and science since I was a tiny kid and that never changed!

19. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    bruh everything you don't get is a USA term you don't understand :sob:

and yes it is a minor

20. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    You are a minor.