What could the new server be?!

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Mai, Sep 7, 2020.

?

What server would you like to see?

1. Skygrid

33.9%
  2. Hellblock

10.2%
  3. Endblock

1.7%
  4. Creative Skyblock

23.7%
  5. SkyPrison

20.3%
  6. Other (Please discuss)

10.2%
  1. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    In this paper I will discuss how the roots of the obfuscated text (the lore when hovering over the "coming soon" item) are partially traceable. The point of my research was to find a hidden pattern in the what looks to be a randomisation of letters used to display obfuscated text in the hopes of finding a meaningful word out of it.

2020-09-07_21.49.17.png

Method:
    My method of pattern finding was to take screenshots of the obfuscated text one after another. That way you get a clear view of the characters displayed in that instance (presumably the letters change every game tick). I used these screenshots to make comparisons in the hopes of finding a pattern in the obfuscated letters.

Results:
    The first thing you would probably notice from the obfuscated text in /servers is that one character is always one pixel wide, which is the fourth character starting from the left side of the obfuscated text. Though not proven true, it was most likely the letter "i", as it is the only valid letter in the alphabet I can find that has a pixel width of one. Note that the width of that character in the obfuscated text never changes. Though other possibilities are ":", "!", "." and ",".
    There were no clear patterns in any of the other characters that I could find in the screenshots. But the character pixel width did prove to mean something. My theory is that the pixel width of a character is connected to a specific range of 'random' characters. To test this out for yourself, you could /message yourself "&kooo", and after that a message that contains "&kkli". You will notice that the three o's in the first message all have the same pixel width, so the obfuscated text will roughly look the same when compared to the message with "&kkli", which has three letters of varying pixel widths. You could also try to message yourself "&kypu" in case you want to compare it with "&kooo", where all characters here have the same pixel width.

This find made the problem a bit complex, as nine out of the ten characters in the obfuscated text seem to have the same character width. I had no more motives to look beyond this, however.

Conclusion:
    There may definitely be some kind of pattern to the obfuscated letters. We can see that the obfuscated text in /servers has 10 characters, of which the fourth letter is likely the letter "i", as a semicolon and an exclamation mark would make less sense in case the text has meaning. We know that the item name is "COMING SOON!", and coincidentally, "comingsoon" is a case where the fourth letter is an i, and the rest of the characters are all 5 pixels wide. The pattern does match, but it's largely an incomplete theory and it's unlikely I will find any other match or explanation for the obfuscated text displayed in the /servers menu. So far, "comingsoon" is my closest bet on the meaning of the obfuscated text.

If my conclusion is true, I did this all for nothing lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Amazing Amazing x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  2. GAMER1232012

GAMER1232012 Well-Known Member

Maybe we can just send rulebreakers from skyblock and econ to Skyprison instead of banning them

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    If there's any way to get this into plain text (through logs or other means) it makes this really easy - as on your client, your minecraft sees §k and things: "Magic". In other words, while §kMagic in graphical text will always be obfuscated, §kmagic in logs will show as §kmagic.

I was correct, but I'll double-check while running Paper:
    upload_2020-9-8_10-14-47.png
    Paper works exactly the same way (I couldn't paste sections on CMD so I booted up Archlinux)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  4. matt

matt Well-Known Member Administrator

What if it was all of them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Amazing Amazing x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Big brain I expect you to have them all ready by tomorrow thx

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    temp bans = wait out the ban time while playing sky prison
    perm bans = prestige 10 times for an unban

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    The problem is since the title is not a chat thing it won’t show up in logs tho

8. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    That's the point. I stated in the first line that you'd need a way to somehow convert it to plain text.

9. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    It would be great if Noobcrew could make a news & announcements post with some info on what this server is going to be...

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Mai, I had over many things that could make this server addicting/exclusive for the community,

• We could have the Skygrid, Hellblock, Endblock, and SkyPrison gamemodes (we got a space prison in MV but different.)

• A unique spawn like the one from 2015 into the Original skyblock server for Old Players to recognize this server they played on years ago.

• Making the player limit to 200 in Original SB, Economy and Skywars, and making a 250 player limit in Classic only, and 175/200 player limit for SkyPrison, Hellblock, Endblock, and Skygrid, for the server to have a total of around 1000 players to make it look active. (Noobcrew must have a beefy PC in order to do all of this.)

• Focusing on Economy & Skywars with updates, They need to fix/update economy a lot since Economy players play there too, and for Skywars If you seen Triggered's suggestions that we need new maps, levels, crates, etc, I saw lots of players in skywars many days ago and we could get more if we did these updates for SkyWars.

• Getting the Skyblock Forums a Overhaul, I'm saying a new forum background, new forum rating (Hype Train), Picture Frames required by having a Donor Rank in-game (The frames that the Hyp forum has), 471 forum points into 500 points a good number to end, Showing the Official Skyblock Discord like what Mineverse has, new subforums familiar to Mineverse, Pinned threads in the forums are made by staff/former staff members, Noobcrew should have the right to put the pinned threads there to make the forums updated in-case a staff member resigns, And finally adding the "Builder" role and removing the "Discord Administrator" role, You see we have Rythen as our builder for the server but we don't see his forum account though, we should have the Builder rank shown in the Staff Member list.

• Bringing back old warps from years ago and making them useful for players, I'm talking about /warp cake, /warp castle, /warp airplane, and a exclusive warp for people with donor ranks, Premium warps won't give free stuff just a Donor Lounge for people with ranks, the warps are /warp skyknight, /warp skyking, /warp skylord, /warp skygod, and /warp skytitan. (maybe a warp for Donor400s as well?)

• A official Skyblock Queue, if a server is full you have to wait in a Queue to get in when somebody leaves, I'm saying Skyking should be the minimum rank to bypass the Queue in order to get in the server since most skyknights are alts, (This would be easier to get inside skyblock.) and maybe fun stuff to do in while in Queue so players can't get bored.

• A weekend event for the new mob arena in order for the server to have more fun, a Harder Mob Arena every weekend like 50 waves in 1 round and the final boss of the Weekend Mob Arena would be the Wither, If players defeat the Wither you earn a unique mini-rare for the server, would get a bit players in the server.)

• A mini-fun thing to do for Australians on when Americans are sleeping so we prevent "Server's dead" commentary in the forums or in-game, It can be a bit boring for Australians without many players on, but I'm not sure what we could make for Aussies.

• More Server Advertisements for the server and getting big YouTubers to join this server only once, (We got Dream, Skeppy, and FitMC joined this server once.) we could have Server Advertisements that say "Notch joined this server once many years ago." "The Oldest Skyblock Server in Minecraft" or even "The Skyblock that you may know years ago." Having these kind of ads would make players interested of joining this server, The ads I suggested was true.

• We have special dp events on October, December, and April, why can't we make a DP even that is on July though? Having a DP in July would make the server stay up instead of waiting for a DP In October while the month is May, so yea having a DP in July's would be nice.

That's all I can suggest Mai.

• Like Like x 2
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  11. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Hey guys can we please focus on the new server and its ideas only. The purpose of this thread is to discuss what we'd like to see within the new server, not what we would want to change with the current ones. There are other threads on this forum that suggest changing the forums/servers so please check those out instead, and I would appreciate if we keep any off-topic chat out of this thread such as what the "Coming Soon" part says.

Thank you all for the suggestions however, and for giving me your thoughts on what you would like best. Would love to see more of your opinions :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. arxh

arxh Well-Known Member

IGN:
    arxh__
    on the easter dp, if you went to hub you could do /secret, which led to a bedwars server, so my guess is that this is a bedwars server

• Like Like x 1
  13. PCcoolguy100

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Not to sound rude or anything, but since the largest amount of players that we've had on Classic since 2018 is 15 I don't think 200 player slots are needed.

Misread, yeah they can work towards 200 players on the server at once with stable tps (see below). Also Noobcrew owns datacenters in a few regions that allow the hosting of servers on them, and they host Mineverse, Skyblock(s) and Minetime (not sure if Crew owns this anymore, but if he does) on them. It's simply not logical to have a solid workstation while hosting maybe 20 different servers on one machine.

The reason why /warp donor wasn't implemented into the new servers is not only because it isn't needed, but to stay in the "acceptable" limit of the Minecraft ToS, not that Mojang gives a single damn but because in the case that Mojang chooses to give a single damn, our place is better off than other servers. Other warps aren't needed as they just add additional strain on the server, and are easily farmable/accessible anyways, even though I do miss /warp skybase a lot.

Wonder where you got this idea from...

The server's currently capped at 150 players, and is not looking at supporting anymore for obvious reasons (Minecraft 1.12.2 servers pushed to their limits can only accomodate 70-ish players, and a lot of optimisation changes/plugins are needed to push it further. If you compare it to a server that pushes it to its absolute limits (2b2- no), I'd say right now 150 players is an achievement, even if we're achieving 15tps averages and not 20, it's very playable. If a large number of further optimisations were made (to the tradeshop plugin, mob stacking, logblock, more) then I'd say it's possible to achieve 20 tps.

For now though, a queue isn't needed as we rarely go over 150 players. Maybe this is a good idea during drop parties?

I'm fairly certain the higher-ups of the server want to minimise comments that stretch our accomplishments as much as possible (unless we talk about rank descriptions). Advertising things such as this lowers the "good" people that join the server and ends up bringing more toxic people with the intention of getting the server closed, shut down or rolled back through the use of dupes, crashes or economic-related exploitable bugs.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Please keep on topic.
    I don't wish to stop your wonderful ideas and discussion but the thread owner want the thread back on topic and we don't want to derail this discussion.
    If you want to make a thread on server improvements, feel free :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    ew bedwars
    but that's just my opinion

16. Mai

I honestly don't think it would be bed wars

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    While happy to be proven wrong Drogo would not be surprised if the new server never eventuates.
    Over the last 8 years that Drogo has been playing skyblock, he has often seen something that was supposedly ‘coming soon’ that often never came.

18. Kitaisaradish

Kitaisaradish New Member

Might be a long-shot but it could even be one-block! (Where one block spawns, you mine it and the another block spawns) I've seen many servers make an economy etc out of this idea. I think something like this may be more feesable rather than a prison skyblock but who knows, im excited to see it :D

19. Jerrry

Jerrry Well-Known Member

IGN:
    fpschess
    Thats what I was thinking. I was very confused as to why endblock was included but not oneblock.

20. Mai

We shall see.

One block? I've never really heard of it before, it sounds interesting so I decided to check it out. The idea is really cool and it's something that I'd find fun playing alone or with a few friends only however I personally can't really see something like this on Skyblock. The idea is really cool though and if more people would like to see it I'll definitely add it onto this thread. Right now I have mixed feelings about it so I'll wait for more opinions regarding One Block if there are any.

Didn't know what One Block was prior to the above post. What I added were my own ideas/suggestions.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1