Withdrawn WetV/VortextRAM Helper Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Vorty, Sep 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast
    will take that effort into consideration :thumbsup: but need to see more helping, less talking ;)

I will see how you do in a few days time...

2. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    This isn't to do with your thread, but to do with the way that Vortex reacts to comments. That's what I was trying to bring up, but whatever lmao

3. Hireath (Astro)

Hireath (Astro) Well-Known Member

sorry no support for now leaning for neutral

4. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    i respect your choice, if theres a way to convince you let me know!

5. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Now that you have fixed the application a bit I can actually read it, There area a ton of spelling mistakes including but not limited to:

all of these sections have numerous spelling / grammar errors including over 40 uncapitalized "i" many other words like "sense" have been misspelled along with very hard to understand grammer.
    I'm still sticking with no support it seems to me like you didn't even proof read your application

6. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    I’m very sorry you feel this way but I’m not very good wit grammar, so sorry about this.
    Also this is from the leaving feedback thread.

“There are areas which rarely impact the result of an application and can be excluded from your feedback :stop:

Grammar and Spelling [While having a readable and polished application is essential spelling and grammar mistakes are not things that should be used to judge someone]”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Monster_Sparklez

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    I feel as if grammar and spelling is very import it can show the maturity level of a player in my opinion misspelling words can lead to many problems like if someone were to ask a question and you responded with a reply no one can understand it wouldn’t really be helping them

8. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    i apologize for my inability of knowing much grammar and spelling, its one of my cons, but most times in game when i misspell things or grammar wise, ill correct myself or explain more.

9. Lz

Lz Well-Known Member

Again,

"Saturday: 8+ Hours"

that is not active. That is sickly. Don't do that.

10. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast
    This is only from my point of view, but I sometimes type fast to respond to msgs so there should be some understanding for misspelling and grammar, but I feel there would be a big problem it the writing is unreadable/unable to be understandable. As long as it is able to be comprehended, I think it isn't much of a matter, but it still should be careful of, especially on a forum, where there is no need to type/respond that quickly.

yh I agree, im kinda worried about your mental and physical health if you stare at a screen for most of the day. As a helper/mod you will need to spend time, but no more that 3-4hrs every day. Being active is a good thing to look for in a mod, but so is staying healthy (Quality life tips right here!).

11. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    lol dont worry, thats the maximum i would do, im not always on 8+ on Saturdays, im usually hanging out with friends on the weekend anyways, dont worry im not some sick obese kid.

Also Lz do you have a rating?

12. Yolo_Beast

Yolo_Beast Member

IGN:
    Yolo_Beast
    na, I was thinking like a kid who's just addicted to mc like many people and just spend hrs playing on end (tbh occasionally that happens to me, and I somehow play for like 6-8 hrs without realising)

13. Monster_Sparklez

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    I’m a bit confused if it’s the maximum you would do then why is there a + the plus from my knowledge means 8 hours or more, if your not on for 8 hrs then why did you write 8?

14. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    I’m able to go on at least 8 hours a day on those days at least, and some days I do, however sometimes I feel like being active instead.

15. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    You are friendly and kind too everyone however I don’t think you would fit the position as a moderator. You’re inactive on forums or have been at least. Also, I kinda agree what monster said, but you could have missed mentioning it.

Best of luck, regards,
    Oak

16. Monster_Sparklez

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    The audio works perfectly fine for me, I don't know how I could trust you with the responsibilities of being a staff member when you clearly lied and thought you could get away with it.

It seems to me like you don't take criticism into consideration.
    After I had given you criticism on spelling and grammar, it seems like you rushed your reply to Fran and makes it seem very unprofessional.
    but you haven't done that as well.
    Still sticking with No support.

17. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    I’ve talked to mods and it’s fine to not keep them all into one message, and I already stated I switched to a browser and could hear the audio if you look at the post above.

I do take criticism into consideration, I’ve already said many times I’m not the best with spelling and grammar, especially on my phone.

Also you quoted the post where I stated I could hear it.

18. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    You, as I have seen with many other applicants at the moment, are so fixated on what people's status are for you (support/neutral/no support). There's absolutely no need to create a whole google document just so we can see who is supporting you and who isn't. A simple number count will do just fine, or rather, just not worrying about it at all. Also, you seem very argumentative in my opinion. You should listen to what the people have to say and agree to improve yourself using their suggestions!

You have simple grammar errors in your application. When I was reading, it really did seem like it was written poorly without much effort simply because you don't capitalise your 'I's' and you place periods where they don't need to be. You should definitely fix these grammatical errors to make it seem more professional (you should try using the browser add on 'Grammarly' as you have said you struggle with grammar).

This comment particularly irritated me. You should not be asking people how to 'convince' them into supporting you; rather, you should be asking them how you can change to become a better candidate. If this is what you meant in the first place, you should definitely reword yourself.

All staff decisions are final decisions. You are openly stating that you do not like the way staff made a decision upon a certain player but what is done is done.

I feel like you definitely need to mature more. After what Fran has posted, you do not seem fit for the position of helper at this moment.

I do have more to comment on but I am tired and it's late so I will do it at a later date. I don't comment on these things to make you feel bad - I want you to grow from this and become a better candidate! Good luck.

19. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    Edit: I accidentally added my responses Inside the quote! I’m sorry about this.

20. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

First, grammar and spelling is not something to no support over. As long a person can be understood it is alright. Maturity should be seen in how a person behaves, not the quality of their writing as there are many factors that could impact written expression.

So as for actual feedback, sometimes it isn't the application that is an issue. The issue is how you react and act with others and how you handle criticism.
    Try take a step back and realise that arguing with what people say might not be showing the best side of you.

Also, while it is alright to want to point out rule breaking, enforcing rules as a non mod doesn't leave a good impression on the community. Telling others what to do or what not to do when on the same level can often end in conflict. Staff can see who reports who and that is a good way to show you know what the rules are and what rules were broke. It shows us you are observant.
    So example, where you were showing you knew someone wasn't adding anything new to the thread, you should have just reported it for staff to see.

And I know counting supports is tempting, but it isn't necessary as we would rather look at the persons actions and compare it to the feedback than look at the numbers.

So in short; edit your app as much as you can and see fit, don't enforce rules yourself and before replying to feedback just take time to think as not all responses need to be refuted. Prove people wrong instead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.