We strive for greatness in what we do, so lets do it!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by kaybubs, Oct 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaybubs

kaybubs Active Member

IGN:
    kaybubs
    So it is coming up on my first anniversary here on the forums!!! So what better way to celebrate then redoing my introduction?

Hi. My name is Kaleb, but everyone calls me Kay. My ign is kaybubs.

So lets take it from the beginning. I was born in Texas. I still live in the city I was born. First born child to my parents. I was a problematic child from the get go. I had to have surgery on my right eye to have my tear duct opened up. Then my family found out that I had colic. This is where the baby has episodes of crying for more than 2-3 hours a day at a time from a range of 3 weeks to sometimes 3 months... I lasted 2 months with it.

Then after this surgery, the doctors found out I had what is called hard water in both of my ears. This caused me to be deaf till 2. I then lost the hard water when my ear drums burst. I began to gain control of my hearing. I now live with slight hearing problems putting me at a state of being Hard of Hearing.

Skipping forward to my first day in public school. I was home schooled till my 5th grade year. This was the school year after my sister was born. The reason I was put into public school was because of my sister being born. She has a chromosomal informality called Down Syndrome. My mom was worried she wouldn't have time to look after my sister while doing school with me. Thus causing me to be sent to public school. At this time I had no friends at the school I began to attend. The only friends I really had were at my church.

This was all new ground for me. I quickly became the social outcast. From day 1 till my graduation day from high school I was always bullied.

Now lets talk brains/brain function.

I was diagnosed with depression at the age of 2. I was later on diagnosed with OCD and OCPD at the age of 12. If you ever were to hang around me you would soon find out that I am very fluent in repeating daily things.

I tap my foot a certain amount of times before getting up. I breathe this many times before opening a door. This is how my brain functions.

I was put on what most people call 'Happy Pills' at the age of 14.

This caused me to have severe social anxiety.

I was teased daily for taking pills that made me not cry hours on end. I guess that is life....

I then realized that I didn't care what people thought of me as long as I felt happy, and didn't feel the need to cry all the time.

Fast forward to my first year in college/(university for those who live out of the US). I was 18. Decided I wanted to study music. Become a high school band director. This was the issue at hand. I began to stress my self out over how much the teacher wanted me to practice when I had to go to work during those times. I had a life I wanted to live and he focused on how much I should practice daily. On the day to day life of mine, I would practice about an hour a day, for that was what my life allowed me to do. This was due to work, homework from other classes, and my pills.

I got to the end of my first year and played in front of a committee to see if I would be allowed to stay in the music department. I was told by my teacher that he would see me the next semester. He was the one who ultimately decided whether I would stay in the program or be forcefully removed. He removed me.

This then opened the door that I had really thought about long before deciding music. Becoming a Special Needs teacher. The reason? My sister.

My sister is my life. She is 10 right now and will be turning 11 in December. My plan is to be the one who walks her across the stage as she graduates to get her diploma for High School. If you have ever been to a Graduation here in the States you see their techs walking the special need kids across. I want to be that for her.

All in all I believe my life then lead me here. I started playing on Org back in September of 2014. I then made my forums account in November. I just celebrated my 20th birthday back in July, and the day of my birthday my doctor took me off of the pills for my depression. This caused me to have severe panic attacks at times, and now I do not have any more depression symptoms, which is a huge plus!

I do plan on staying here for a lot longer as long as the server still runs.

This is my home, this is my comfort zone.

All I have really now till I graduate is you guys. Thanks for being the reason I am here. You guys rock!!!!

~kay

Last edited: Oct 29, 2015
  2. leadermelody

leadermelody Active Member

Hey Kay~
    Ily

#First ;t :3

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. kaybubs

kaybubs Active Member

IGN:
    kaybubs
    hayyyy

4. leadermelody

leadermelody Active Member

Now,
    I took the time to read it (Already did read it all, I just wanted to be first. .w.) seems like you've had some troubling things in the past. ;c It's really nice that you want to be there for your sister in my opinion. I'm not really sure what to say because I get sad just by reading this. Kay, if you're ever sad, I'm here for you. M'kay. Don't hesitate to talk to me. c:
    Ily.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Haiiii Kaleb! cx. Sorry to hear about what you have gone through in the past. Atleast it led you to this moment, this second of your life. If you are happy now, that's all that counts. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. kaybubs

kaybubs Active Member

IGN:
    kaybubs
    I totally agree!

ofcofcofc :heart:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. sophia

sophia Experienced Member

IGN:
    sophistic4ted
    kaykaykayayayayyayyay

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. kaybubs

kaybubs Active Member

IGN:
    kaybubs
    sophpoohipophhohpohohoohpoohoohphia

9. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

10. Adrian_Monk_

Adrian_Monk_ Experienced Member

11. fathercourt

fathercourt Senior Member

IGN:
    fathercourt
    the title sounds rly cheesy

12. Cal

Cal Active Member

1 question. How did they know you had depression at age 2
    Eyyo

13. Love__

Love__ Well-Known Member

Greetings Kayleb :)

14. Purplevillager1

Purplevillager1 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Purplevillager1
    Hello...

I read the entire thing. Sorry for the things you've been through. Nice to know more about you, though.

15. kaybubs

kaybubs Active Member

IGN:
    kaybubs
    Haiiii Krissy!!!

Hi there!

I am rly cheesy! XD

I had to under go tests and they put me in a cat scan and found my brain wave activity that of someone with depression. To make sure this was true at the age of 12 I had to get it redone.

Heyyyy

Hey purple!!! I thought it was time to really tell everyone about me!

16. Tribal

Tribal Experienced Member

Hey Kay :3

17. kaybubs

kaybubs Active Member

IGN:
    kaybubs
    Hai tribal

18. LivingShadow

LivingShadow Experienced Member

Hi!
    I don't know if you want sympathy or not, so...
    But that's besides the point! XD
    We all love you on this server! :heart:
    I hope I didn't scare you away : o
    Hope I see you around! :D

19. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN:
    Lycel
    Haaaiiii ^-^
    You sister sounds like a lovely girl, and I hope you can achieve your dreams in becoming a Special Needs teacher! ^-^ Congratulations on overcoming your depression too. It sounds like you've had a hard life, but you've been extremely strong to come out on top! ^w^
    It's very nice to know a bit more about you :3

20. kaybubs

kaybubs Active Member

IGN:
    kaybubs
    Lol no no you can say what ever comes to mind! At this point nothing could scare me away, because this is my life, and I have learned to enjoy it.

She is amazing, slowing becoming a teenager in mindset, which is scary, because preteens...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.