Inactive Vortext's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Vorty, Nov 25, 2019.

?

Support, Neutral or No Support?

1. Support D:

11 vote(s)
    23.4%
  2. Neutral -_-

16 vote(s)
    34.0%
  3. No Support D:

20 vote(s)
    42.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    It wasn’t just moving as I said so I don’t really no why you said moving took 2 months, as I said it was due to many reasons why I haven’t been on, and sometimes when I try my computer/Minecraft won’t even work(why I didn’t get on when I posted this) thank you for your response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Hey Vortext,

To be honest, I will be agreeing with what Parrot said.

Though I agree no one except whom you’ve told, know what is really happening in real life related to you and we are not able to judge about it.

One thing I do agree with Parrot is maybe should’ve bumped the application and let us know that you are away for “x” reason. Making “x” the reasons why you are inactive/unable to play. Temporarily having it withdrawn until you are unable to come on is also another good thing. This way, you are able to know your application isn’t open and people are aware why you’re away. As I see, you have an iPhone and have Tapatalk so you are able to even bump and let everyone know the reasoning of your inactivity. Many people have switched their status on your application because of the inactivity on your application. (basically what Parrot said)

In your previous reply to me, you said this:

The reason why you didn’t get any replies on your application is because it wasn’t active for almost 3 weeks. Occasionally bumping your application maybe even once a week, you may would have received some feedback. I understand that you are busy IRL and it’s okay to let us know and if you want, lock this until you can return. As a helper, taking a very long break is not it. I would understand 1 week but almost 2 months is a bit too much time. If you were promoted, I would imagine you being active everyday or maybe even every other day at least (please don’t think I’m being rude! I’m simply stating what I personally think.)

I’m still no support, I understand you are busy IRL but if you aren’t here for almost 2 months, it’s a bit too much inactivity for an applicant and moreover a helper.

I will change my support status when I believe I see you in-game which will be when it happens, for then, I hope everything is well IRL and if you need anything, you can create a conversation with me or DM me on Discord: boba#2724.

(I hope I did not come off as rude or anything!)

Regards,

Boba <3

3. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    Thank you, and don’t worry you didn’t seem rude, and I didn’t have access to my forums account for awhile or tap a talk, but I just got my old phone fixed 4-5 days ago, and I realized I have tap a talk on it, and I managed to get access to me email to turn off 2FA on forums(couldn’t reset email password without the phone number on this phone) but thank you for your response, hope you have a great day.

4. Parrot

Parrot Guest

This is why I said "moving", which I didn't even say "just moving" I said "IF you were moving houses or doing something else." Which would imply your other reasons for your activity on SkyBlock.

5. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    My bad, didn’t understand what you were saying, thank you.

6. Justin

Justin - Premium Premium

In order to be a staff member you really need to be active on forums. You have made 3 posts in october, including your staff application bump. On discord you sent 4 messages this month. I am going to continue with my No Support rating until you improve your activity on both platforms. I hope you can understand my reasoning

7. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    Thank you for your reply, I understand, I just came back from being really inactive due to personal issues and moving and I’ve been trying to be more active sense, thank you for the opinion.

8. Flip

Flip Member

IGN:
    FlipKing068
    Re-no support. Havent seen u online in months

9. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    Well I have been online, so obviously just not at the same times.

10. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    No support sorry
    /seen (on economy) says that you havent been on there for over 2 months and on /skyblock its 5 days
    Now I know that most people have a preference for which part of the server they play on BUT as a possible staff member you need to have in depth knowledge of both servers and after not going onto eco for 2 months (especially after it has experienced massive changes) can you really say that you that knowledge?
    Furthermore, whenever I have seen you online you are mainly afk and I personally cannot say that I have seen you help out massively
    I understand that you have had things going on irl and I appreciate that you may take time off due to that, but to avoid getting called out on it here, say something before hand rather then saying afterwards because afterwards it just feels like exuses.
    Sorry if this comes of as rude but I think that you really need to work on these to gain my support.
    Good luck with your application

11. Flip

Flip Member

IGN:
    FlipKing068
    we're in the same time zone i think and im online often so thats not the case. if u were i should at least see u once in a while

12. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    yea like you said i don’t play economy, and i dont completely need to play on both servers, as theres are some mods that are economy only or survival only, whenever im on i try to help whoever i see in chat, yes sometimes i am afk, if im ever eating dinner etc, or accidentally leave my MC open. I haven’t tried avoid being called out on being in active, all i’ve done is try to explain myself. Thank you for your response.

13. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    I’m sorry but you’re applying for staff. Yes it is necessary for you to be active on both servers. If you were to be promoted, you haven’t been on Economy so how are you going to be able to help people without knowing how the economy server is. It’s best you know what economy is because not everything comes at our convenience and a staff, there are a lot of changes that happen and you need to adjust to them. It’s not the fact that staff are on or not, if you’re able to help whenever you can, you should. If a staff is on Survival, you can always head to economy to help if you want or vice versa. Of course we all AFK and it’s not a big deal so don’t worry about that but just try not to AFK on your main account for so long (not sure if you do but just a recommendation). Sorry but I’m still no support. If you haven’t been on Economy for 2 months, you should probably log on and see how it is.

14. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    thank you for the input, I have some Knowledge of economy as ive played on similar servers but i will checkout economy today and see the new changes your talking about, im curious about them.

15. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
  16. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    No support.
    You are really immature and you do not know the rules what so ever.
    You queue music you're not supposed to, you release personal DMs, and you bring private issues to public when they should of been discussed between us in DMs. Especially because the thing you mentioned was close to a year old and it's quite immature on your part how'd you bring up something that was a moment of vulnerability for me.

[​IMG]
    You also are really inactive. In this screenshot, I had to go through several pages to find you actually talking in a chat that wasn't music. Any chat before that has been in a music channel queuing music.

[​IMG]
    Which only in your midst of queuing music, you queue songs that are against the rules.

I also couldn't tell if it was you involved and if it wasn't then I apologize but you were also talking about Mai and how she was just simply doing her job as a staff member.

[​IMG]
    also this which imo was unneeded plus immature. you dmed me out of nowhere about me deciding to close my application and start assuming on why I did close it

You also take months off at a time then come back out of nowhere as well.

So yeah. No support.

17. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    I just believe people should see how you truly act, but I learned my lesson and was told not to post screenshots of dms. I did not know this song wasn't allowed, as I've never seen anyone be punished(I've witnessed people play this specific song many times, without getting punished.) And yes I may not type in discord often because I have nothing to type, I do not relate to any conversations going on, I answer almost every QOTD and am in VC Most days, I just don't beat other people to the people needing help :)

I was not apart of that, and also what is wrong with them curious about how they broke a rule? they were talking about what was wrong with the image and why it was not allowed to be displayed, they(or I) did not say anything rude or inappropriate to/about Mai.

So trin, why are you worried about "you release personal DMs, and you bring private issues to public when they should of been discussed between us in DMs" When this is, exactly. What you just said, you released our personal DM's and brought our private conversations and issues to public when we should've discussed them.

Thank you for replying trin.

18. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Sadly I'll be no-supporting,

Despite being a fairly nice guy and one that is fun to be around, I don't exactly see you as staff team material at this current state. As mentioned above my Liam, you struggle to accept constructive criticism and this can easily reflect in the case that you are staff. Being staff requires a great deal of maturity and part of that is being able to respond to all comments you get in a respectful manner.

I rarely see you in-game however this could likely be due to timezones, however i'm not sure, despite timezones, when I do see you online I rarely, if not never see you helping out in-game. Along with this I don't believe I often see you active in the discord or on forums.

This loops back into being able to accept all constructive criticism without backlashing. After studying some of your early responses, I believe that your maturity is a big thing to work on.

Don't take this to heart, I am just here to help you grow as a person and learn how you could better yourself! Once I see an improvement in your activity and maturity, I'll consider moving to neutral!

Best of luck!

19. Vorty

Vorty Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VortextRAM
    Hey Liam its been some time since we have talked, thanks for the reply. Any examples where I am not comfortable at taking criticism, I'm quite curious.

I try to respond to everyone in a positive way while also defending/explaining myself and I see how sometimes it can come out as harsh or rude but I hope you know it is not mean to.

Thank you for replying Pancake, I try and take everything everyone says and learn from it, when I reply with "excuses" they are not excuses, I'm a very defensive person and I like to defend myself with certain things which is why I like to give reasoning behind everything, however it does not mean I am not able to accept the criticism, I can and try to work on things people tell me I need to work on in my applications. I know we talked a lot ingame already so thank you for your reply.

20. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Sorry but still no support, especially after the DM picture sent by Trinity.

No one should be able to say to others you shouldn’t or can’t be staff. That’s isn’t motivational at all. Presuming you’d want to be staff, no one would want a staff member to say that to someone. You aren’t staff right now but that was simply rude. If someone chooses to withdraw/close their application, that is a personal choice and commenting on that is rude.

Punishments are not always visible. They are discreet So that’s why you may not have seen people punished but I’m not sure about what type of song this is.

I think take the time to get more involved in the general discord chat and get to talk to people. You’re more than welcome to be in a VC but that isn’t showing much Discord Activity. Good luck : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.