Withdrawn UrsusMaiorus staff application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by UrsusMaiorus, Apr 19, 2020.

?

What should I focus on inprove first

1. forum activity

9.7%
  2. discord activity

8.1%
  3. helping in chat

82.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    As I have said several times I have stopped double posing I am curently looking through my staff app so I can Give you the Date of the last Time I belive that I double posted April 21 2020 was the last time.

2. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Double Posting isn't illegal and is a mistake. Mistakes happen guys. So many people apply with several bans but yet you guys support them. Double posting is just a mistake which happens. I know you guys probably double posted once, I have too. Show a bit of positivity or don't repeat the same thing again and again. Thank you!

-Debby Ryan, Radio Rebel, Jessie Prescott

3. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

We all agree mistakes can be made, but you should learn from the first mistake not the 7th.

4. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    I was unsure how to edit posts to I double posted no one told me and I did not notiuce the eddit button so i saw double posting as an unfortatualy nesisity. I was quite relived when i saw the edit button.

5. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Double posting is very well known to be against forum rules, even if it may not be written there. If it was an accident, that’s fair, but I’m sure multiple people have said not to by now.

6. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Date of the last Time I belive that I double posted April 21 2020 just over a month ago

7. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Bump leave more feed back or just tell me if I am doing better or worse all comments are appreciated

8. Kai123

Kai123 What?

IGN:
    Kai123
    I saw you swear in the Skyblock music channel over something little. This doesn’t set a good example and shows your immaturity.

9. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    I did not swear i wrote f u to dinglesplat for trolling a call with loud music

10. Kai123

Kai123 What?

IGN:
    Kai123
    Abbreviated swearing is still swearing

11. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    I dont belive it is and mild swearing is legal and that is the most mild possible swear

12. Kai123

Kai123 What?

IGN:
    Kai123
    Contradicting :l

and to quote Krissy from another thread:

13. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    u only quotes half I dont belive its swearing and if it is it is trhe most mild swear

But again I dont belive its swearing.

14. Kai123

Kai123 What?

IGN:
    Kai123
    So if you shorten something... it doesn’t mean the same thing?
    For example:
    Derogatory below
    Is that not swearing?

Edit: if you want to continue this (we should’ve done this already) but reply in a conversation

15. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    "Do not flame or argue with the applicant. Be respectful towards applicants"
    "Try to accept all feedback and avoid arguments. Flame can be reported to staff members."
    If you guys want to have an arguement, I do not believe this is the best place for it, try dm's.

16. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    I dont belive we were arguing and deffinatly not flaming I prefer to think of it as a disgussion but regardlessits has moved to dm's

17. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Lol, some people should learn from their 1st ban too but, they get banned again. :eh

18. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Me, personally.. I don't think saying "f u" is considered "swearing". It's the same idea as saying that "wtf" is wrong too.. when really it's not.

This is not the right situation to quote what Krissy has said in a different thread. Staff are not permitted to swear, she said it's good for applicants to practice that as well, not that it's not allowed. And on top of that, Ursus didn't actually swear. Of course, the situation matters, but I don't think it's that big of a deal.

What I don't like is people picking on such small things when it comes to applicants. Please give proper criticism instead of picking at any and every flaw that you may find. Even staff themselves aren't "perfect" either. We are all trying to enjoy this game and trying to enjoy being a part of this community. Don't make someone feel like everything they do is wrong, please just correct them (if it's a valid issue) and move on. If it's this small, it's not an issue at all.

And like I've said before, take things to DMs when they turn into long discussions because it starts to slowly become irrelevant to the thread itself.

:)

19. Kai123

Kai123 What?

IGN:
    Kai123
    It was a small update, replying to Ursus asking for feedback. I had already left my initial feedback. It’s not quite the same as ‘wtf’ as it was being directed at another player.

20. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    I hate to derail and while I appreachiate the setiment those people dontapply for mod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.