Withdrawn UrsusMaiorus staff application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by UrsusMaiorus, Apr 19, 2020.

?

What should I focus on inprove first

1. forum activity

9.7%
  2. discord activity

8.1%
  3. helping in chat

82.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    thanks for the great feedback. I am currently planing a grand return to eco and well tbh i haven't had much time for either server due to a new covid school starting. It has been a challenging time for me right now mentally. I have to quarantine even in my own home cause i have family members who are susceptible to covid. I am 17 and can drive now meaning I need to drive both my self and sister everywhere. Expect my play time to be back to normal in a month or 2 sorry I try to be online 1-2 hours per day but im struggling. sorry for my lack of helping it will get better soon once i can balance my skedual

2. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Neutral, can you help out others though? (I see you online sometimes but can you help atleast?)

3. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    thanks for the feedback i have been helpoing people a bit but ill step it up

4. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    Updated staff app accordance with Atherix's/dough's/James's new template
    I feel i have matured a lot since posting this app and would love if yall gave it another read
    also added spoilers for supports neutral and no supports
    Parrot any reason for no support? feedback always appreicated

5. Flip

Flip Member

IGN:
    FlipKing068
    Full support Ursus!! I see you active in chat a lot and your active on the forums and on discord also you're realy nice

6. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    thanks flip

7. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    I'm still neutral however from what happened in the skyblock voice channel a few days ago, I'm starting to have second thoughts. I know you want to be a staff member however just your attitude and the vibe you put out in the voice chat with lucky wasn't something I would expect. You were being a big tryhard in the voicechat and snitched on him which is something I dont want to see out of a staff applicant. Here's why:

Staff members should build a positive relationship with as many players as possible and certainly snitching on your fellow players in front of 5 different people doesn't make you look good.
    From my point of view you'll gain more trust and respect from the community if you go with the flow and only take action when its really needed (now if it's more complicated situations then that's a different story).

We can go on about what lucky did wasn't appropriate but you shouldn't have said things that made you like a tryhard. At the most you could have resolved this by DMing lucky about it. However its best to not take small things seriously. You certainly have bigger things to worry about.

I just want to put this here because I wasnt comfortable with what you said in the voice chat, regardless if you're trying to help or not. The way I see it it didn't do anything other than cause more unrest between you and other players in the voice chat.

8. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    yes your right i was a little hard on lucky but i have vced with him many times and asked him to stop cursing many times like if its an accident im pretty chill but to give context here was the conversation

Ialex can we curse in chat
    Ursus no you cant realy
    lucky f f f f f
    ursus reports him

it wasnt and accident it was very intentional he knows the rules. I deal with people nicely first 1-3 times they make a mistake but I have already talked to lucky about this several times and it wasnt even an accident.

even if i wasnt applying for mod i would have reported lucky. I was not trying to be tryhard.

9. luckyluck13

luckyluck13 Active Member

I know that I was wrong I should not have done what I did, but why don't you just take it as a joke. I know that I say it sometimes but that is not on purpuse. it is just how I am.

I am still supporting becouse feel like you can become a good mod. and help people when they need help.:)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2020
  10. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Let’s remember that this is a place to leave feedback and not to bring up past drama and argue :)

With that being said, I feel like a few points should be made.

Reporting players who break the rules is encouraged. These players who report rule-breakers should not be targeted, harassed, or, in this be called snitches, under no circumstances. Why is “snitching” on someone something that you wouldn’t want to see in an applicant? It is the exact opposite.

Again, same point. It isn’t about looking good in front of others. It is about enforcing the rules. Sometimes players will try to make you look like the bad guy or a party pooper, and you just have to deal with it. It also isn’t our job to build positive relationships with everyone. We are respectful to everyone but we do not let others break the rules so as to build a better relationship with them.

Because these ‘jokes’ stop being jokes when they break the rules and make others uncomfortable.

Best of luck, Ursus

11. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    thanks lucky for your support.

thanks fran. I want be be more strict them some may like but thats a mod applicant /mods job. i understand if someone doesn't know the rules ill talk to them and explain but I have talked to lucky about it befre and it was clearly not an accident so I took a sterner approach.

12. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    In most circumstances, I do agree that it should be encouraged however there are times where there's no necessity on reporting a player. To be far I was not there when lucky did what he did so I cannot say for sure but if he was being an annoying brat and constantly cursing for a certain period of time, lets say for at least 5 seconds, then I do agree it is annoying and therefore it should be reported.

I can understand where you are going in the second paragraph and I do agree that enforcing the rules is required, however I do not think it should be strictly enforced as there are a few times where it doesn't seem necessary. Im not saying it should be the only job of moderators to build positive relationships with everyone, I think there needs to be more emphasis on building a strong relationships, particularlily with older skyblockers who have had much more experience. I say this because if something were to happen, there will be less tension between the player and it will be more understood amongst them.

My main takeaway here is it shouldn't be only either building positive relationships nor only be strictly enforcing rules but rather there must be a mix of both :)

13. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    i agree 100%. Im not saying im gonna be super stict and reporting everyone all the time but this situtation merited it.

14. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    i dont do that. i dont record voice chats. i record trades and other thing i recorded 2 seconds of lucky cursing and i have been informed i shouldn't have. it wont happen again. i assumed staff would need proof. when I say recorded it just means i physically recorded as if on paper not like an audio recording. I went into a tab and wrote it down.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2020
  15. (NS)

(NS) Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Kyrxu
    Can you prove that Ursus does actually record voice chats? Or is this a baseless claim?

16. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    So essentially this was a rumour that could’ve easily been twisted through many conversations?

17. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

If you weren't there then how would you know it's a claim he made? Without solid proof please do not bring things onto applications. Things like these can ruin ones reputation entirely when they're rumours with no proof whatsoever.

18. (NS)

(NS) Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Kyrxu
    Of course it's fair to make the assumption of recording voice calls now but your previous statement is still unfounded. He clarified to multiple staff that he meant the word transcribed and used "recorded" as a synonym.

19. UrsusMaiorus

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    i didnt transcribe the whole thing i transcribed a bit of it. I got zero audio

20. SpicylilPink

SpicylilPink Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    SpicylilPink
    I deleted my original comments due to misinformation. For now, I will remain neutral until I see you helping out in-game. I am sorry UrsusMaiorus for the misunderstanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.