Update the Contact Details Section

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions Archive' started by boba, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    My suggestion is to give contact details a bit of a makeover and add new things like YouTube, Twitch and Instagram. No one really uses Facebook, ICP (don’t even know what that is) and remove Google Talk.

It’s best to add things that are more modern and much popular and can be shared with everyone. And it’s optional so there’s no breach of privacy. If you put it that’s your responsibility.

Let me know what you think!

• Support Support x 3
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
  2. Cooties

Cooties Member

IGN:
    kandy2011
    I agree, I don’t know what half of those handles are on the contact details. I didn’t even know there was an option to do that until now so thank you haha

3. iballisticbunny6

iballisticbunny6 Senior Member

IGN:
    SkyDwag
    I don't believe Google Talk exists anymore and I have no clue what ICP is. I support the remake of this and the addition of the Youtube and Twitch contact detail. As for Instagram, I know it's optional but sometimes those personal accounts make me worry about potential harm to the player.

4. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Ahaha, same! You're welcome too :p and thank you for the support!

I never even heard of ICP. That's true about Instagram, because of privacy preferences, it's easy to attack someone and you can also sometimes leak information (DoX) so it isn't very good. Thank you for the support!

Tog any reason for the neutral?

Thank you DinglesplatBerry for the support!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  5. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Hi Boba!
    I've got to agree with you on this... removed the weirder ones and added more of the modern day contact details. It should look like this now:
    [​IMG]
    I've put this in-line with Mineverse's contact details however I will not hesitate to remove some of them should I find out that they are being used negatively or if this places users in danger. Mineverse hasn't appeared to have any issues so far however I will be keeping my eye out for the more personal ones. As a general rule of thumb make sure your settings are set to the correct privacy before allowing any internet users to gain your socials.

6. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Thank you so much for taking the time to make a suggestion!

Your suggestion has been thoroughly looked at, and we’ve decided to take your word! Your suggestion has been accepted.

This thread has been moved to the Forums Suggestions Archive.

Kind regards :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.