Denied Unrightfully banned.[Denied]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by UMR20, Jan 17, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UMR20

UMR20 New Member

My username is UMR20
    I was banned on the sky block Minecraft server.
    I was banned for ‘minor scamming’
    I have thoroughly read through the rules
    I think I was wrongfully banned.
    I have never been banned before
    I really love the server, and I believe I was wrongfully banned because... I did read the rules, what I did was not wrong. I have the ability to tell someone no more paying and no more playing once there turn(s) are over.
    I will try not to get banned again by not telling people to stop I guess...
    Southwark banned me.
    I agree to the rules.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
  2. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

FORMAT
    1. Your banned account name:
    2. Platform you were banned on:
    3. Ban message/reason:
    4. Have you read the rules?
    5. Do you think this ban was incorrect?
    6. Please list any other times you have been banned on any of our platforms:
    7. Why would you like to be unbanned?
    8. How will you prevent yourself from being banned again?
    9. If you know, tag the member of staff that banned you:
    10. Do you understand and accept our rules?
    Ban Appeal Information + Helpful Tips | Skyblock Forums

3. athyrix

Hi UMR20,
    Thanks for appealing.

The day before yesterday I received multiple complaints in-game about a suspected scam involving parkour, how you were charging players grass to play a game with a reward of 50 grass (I do apologise if this figure is wrong). That part is not scamming players, the part that is, is having a jump that is pretty much impossible to do in Minecraft without boosts. The fact that you then claimed it was possible, I then decided to have a go at doing the parkour to see if it was possible. I understand I may not be the greatest at parkour, however if I was jumping off of the edge of the block and always landing 1 block in front of the block you need to land on, then I think you can understand why it’s impossible. I was already convinced it was impossible but then went and did a bit of research that shows that the maximum gap there can be between blocks is 3, which means it’s a 4 block jump. I checked your spacing.

Even if it was possible, when players completed the parkour you apparently made every excuse possible to try and not give them the reward, and this isn’t acceptable.

I was then later disappointed to find out that you had told me it must’ve been a person who broke and placed a few blocks earlier on your island that changed it, but when I got in contact with the staff team it occurred to me that you had made up different excuses to them and players about the same jump. I needed to work out which story was correct, so I visited your island and log blocked the parkour area to find that there were no blocks placed or destroyed by any other members around the parkour. This not only gives me the impression that you knew it was impossible, but also that you tried to lie to multiple staff members and you’re not actually sorry about what you are doing.

The point of a ban appeal is for you to come back to the server once you are sorry for the actions you have caused and you will not cause any more trouble on the server. I don’t really think you are at the moment ready to come back, because I believe you knew exactly what you were doing and you claim that this is a wrongful ban, despite you were exploiting players out of their grass for something they could not achieve.

You claim it is not stated in the rules, however I can assure you it is. Please check the image below.
    FF6CD66D-F967-4C8E-9ED4-91099273DC2C.png
    As you can see, it says “intentionally misleading players” which is exactly what you have done, it has listed some examples but not all of them, but it does state any form of intentional misleading behaviour will count as scamming. You told players it’s possible, despite you knew it wasn’t.

"I will try not to get banned again by not telling people to stop I guess..."
    I suggest reading the rules again, this is not the player's fault.

From what I’ve heard from the staff and from your ban appeal, you are not sorry for what you did and you haven’t decided on a way to make it up to the people you’ve scammed.

Your appeal has been denied.
    Re-appeal when you are ready to take this appeal seriously.

4. athyrix

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.