Denied Unban me !!![Denied]

Discussion in 'Appeals Archive' started by Taki, Jun 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taki

Taki Active Member

• Server/platform (Classic / Skyblock / Forums / Discord ): Taki#5375
    • In-game name: i dont have one because i got the h4x
    • Full exact Ban Message: idk i got banned
    • Did you read the rules ? yeah
    • Why do YOU think you were banned? for telling whyet to kys but i was given permission
    • Was this an incorrect ban? no
    • Were you ever banned before on SkyBlock? If so, what for? i dont remember 2bh
    • Why do you think you should be unbanned? cause it was to a friend, he can vouch, and i did wait 2 weeks just before appealing to PROVE i learnt my lesson and i am a good citizen.

2. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Hello Taki.

I banned you from our discord server 1 month ago because you wrote out a death threat and because you also used some extreme inappropriate language in a different post. You were also being generally disrespectful towards the same player in other posts.

Joking with a friend does not excuse you from saying such awful things on our server. Waiting before an appeal does not prove you learned anything.

Now that you know the reason for the ban, I would like for you to rethink your past behavior. Read our rules here. Please respond with a summary of our rules regarding player disrespect, chat offenses, and extreme chat offenses. I would also like to know how you plan to not repeat this behavior again.

3. Taki

Taki Active Member

i promise i will not do bad things because i am inactive on discord
    i dont play in game so i dont really c the point of rewriting the rules

4. Cyk753

The rules we have for the in game chat is essentially the same as the rules for the server's Discord:

- don't be inappropriate
    - don't be disrespectful
    - don't harass players
    - don't threaten players

If you don't even acknowledge that the rules exist and/or you shouldn't be bothered to follow them, then I don't see a reason why you should be welcomed back to Discord.

5. Taki

Taki Active Member

if im meant to follow the rules maybe you should to,
    "Extreme Chat Related Offenses: 1 - 31 day automatic ban"

i do acknowledge the rules, i didn't say I don't I said i wont rewrite the rules, why would i rewrite the rules when the rules are already there? But i decided to do it anyway:

Chat RELATED OFFENCES: I promise i won't do bad things because dyno bot doesn't filter me as im a social ELITe
    ExTREME chat RELATED OFFenCES: I WILL NOT tell WHyteDuck to KILL HIMSELF ever again on skyblock discord, this does not mean i can't do it in our private PM's or my discord (Which you aren't invited to ANYMORE)
    Player disrespek: I will not call out ANYONE ever again in my life on the skyblock discord I will treat EVERYone fairly even if they dont deserve it

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  6. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**

7. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by staff members**

8. Taki

Taki Active Member

bump? its been nearly a week also someone sent me this:
    Threats kick ➝ ban Do not threaten anyone. This includes, but is not limited to, death threats, DDoS threats, general threats, etc

and i didnt get kicked

9. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Different circumstances can break the hierarchy of punishments. You had multiple offences at once time which resulted in a ban rather than a kick due to the severity.

Using the guide to get out of punishments is no longer an acceptable reason for an unban due to the number of people who use them to loophole out of punishments without being held accountable for their own actions that were clearly wrong. Simply put don't do things that result in a ban or a kick. It isn't hard.

I am aware of who are friends with who so I knew it was a joke however it is not a staff requirement to know these relationships. Thus all jokes that go against the rules should be kept in private or on another server, which, most people do anyway because servers where you have no consequences rules are more fun and everyone can moan about a game they have no interest in anyway.

Nothing about this appeal screams "I really want to be unbanned".
    If you aren't taking it seriously, why should we.
    Regardless Cyk is taking it seriously because she is a great staff member
    Cyk753

10. Taki

Taki Active Member

Why would i take it seriously when its stupid, cyk is telling me to follow the rules yet shes the one who banned me without warning or kicking me? Screenshot - d640e7d0cc329f4a2b757f2917a60892 - Gyazo

wdym multiple offences? this is the first death threat i've ever done and it was to a friend? i havent spoken in the discord this year at all basically

also i've been banned once unfairly by pile (which i was unbanned for on the same day), havent been kicked and dont remember getting warned prior to this?

and why is cyk not able to reply to this, Screenshot - 2555963f183c409264c395facb1285ca - Gyazo its been nearly a week without a response from her

11. Cyk753

I have been thinking long and hard about this situation. I do think about unbanning you, but your attitude in the posts reveal your insincerity.

I didn't kick you from the discord because you broke so many rules at around the same time. You had several posts in a row that were incredibly disrespectful. This is why I elected to straight up ban you rather than a kick.

If I have heard correctly, you yourself were a former discord moderator. I definitely expect someone with that background to understand why staff has to take a strong stance against extreme disrespectful behavior. We must strive to maintain a community we can all share without threats to our dignity.

The appeal process is to help people understand what happened and how to move forward. I still do not believe you acknowledge that even joking about death threats is unacceptable in our community. And it is not just about player Whyet. I expect you to say that you will not threaten anyone.

You are looking to get back in the discord by shifting blame to me. This reveals more of your attitude. I do not think time is an issue for you. You took time to create the appeal and you even said you are inactive on discord.

I will uphold the ban for now. My hope is that you cool down and rethink your past and recent responses. You are accountable for your behavior. You do not get to call your actions jokes to excuse them. Our rules are clear about how players should conduct themselves while chatting. You may create another appeal later on when you prove your sincerity and willingness to follow all our rules.

12. Cyk753

Hidden Content:

13. Cyk753

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.