TweeCat's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by TweeCat_, May 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I'm neutral at this time.

You just came back from a pretty long break from the server and I think you posted this too soon after coming back. I think you should have taken some time to re-integrate into the community and show that you're back for good. You have come and go quite a lot in the past so we need to know you're staying and applying seriously.

I did start to see you in game a bit (I have had exams so the past 4 days my activity has been minimal) so that's good, but I'd like to see you helping out and engaging a bit more. You're not around on forums a lot and the forums is a key part of applying and being staff, so it's crucial that you are active on the forums. I haven't been on discord a lot the past few days due to my exams, but I will be keeping an eye out for you on there! Discord is also a massive part of being a staff member.

I'll keep an eye out for you over the coming days - good luck! :)

2. TweeCat_

TweeCat_ Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Tweeeeeeee
    Sorry for such a delayed response, I didnt get the notification that you replied. Though, I do understand I need to integrate into the community more and I will be working on that a lot. So far I have been very active I think. I will be working on being more active on forums too!

Hope to change your response soon :D

3. MrGallifrey

MrGallifrey Active Member

IGN:
    MrGallifrey
    Neutral. You show your interest in becoming a staff member quite strongly, However, you must understand that being nice and activity aren't all you need to do. In almost every reply I've seen, it's been related to your activity, but I think maybe an elaboration may help.

Your application is pretty well written, and I've noticed an increase in your activity. I can't really vouch for in game credit quite yet, as I've not been in game too much myself this month.

I think you should have waited a bit longer before applying, as your lack of activity may show lack of dedication.

Whenever you reply, you make it seem like you were sorry, and I've noticed this apologetic pattern in almost every reply. This shows lack of confidence in your decisions. You will not gain any respect from players if you act like every decision was a mistake. Not that you shouldn't be nice or kind in each reply, just that you should reply with more pride.

You must understand that becoming a staff member isn't simply fun or cool, It's a responsibility that you've chosen to do. Not that the position can't be fun, because I'm sure it can be, but being a staff member would require a lot of emotional and intellectual energy and strength, and from the seemingly small dedication I have seen, I don't know if you're ready to accept that kind of weight.

Note that these are simply MY thoughts I have on what I have seen from you, and are merely here as advice for the future.
    Best of luck in the future,
    ~Gal

4. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Neutral,

I think you should make a increase in your activity and you should help out some people.

You should try to be on the forums often too.

5. TweeCat_

IGN:
    Tweeeeeeee
    Yeah, I am as active as I possibly can be, and I try to be active on forums but I feel that I do not really have people to talk to, though I do try to react to the posts as much as possible! Also I do help but lately I have been too poor to help with like grass, but whenever I see a person in need I will help, but usually others take up my chance. I hope I can change your opinion to support!

6. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    I don’t want to reply too often on a application but I want to give a little tip what you can add to the application so I think a little introduction would be perfect since you came back from a break people don’t know you that well.

7. TweeCat_

IGN:
    Tweeeeeeee
    Bump ghghhjj

8. Rifnos

Rifnos Prison Mike

IGN:
    Rifnos
    I really like the way you made your application. It's the perfect length and gets right to the point. Also I've seen you in-game and you're very active in the chat. I think the fact that you're willing to admit your negative attributes also makes you a very strong candidate for moderator. Support.

Also, I was very surprised that you regret getting a warning. Your reputation on this server is very clean.

9. TweeCat_

IGN:
    Tweeeeeeee
    Thanks man, that means a lot. I like to be very honest with myself and get to the point.

10. TweeCat_

IGN:
    Tweeeeeeee
    Bump fndnshsnsnjssn

11. ChaiBean

ChaiBean Member

IGN:
    ChaiBean
    Twee you're a huge sweetheart, but I have to say I'm neutral from an unbiased standpoint

As someone who used to Lead Mod for some larger stream communities on Twitch, if I saw your application I probably would decline it. Not because you lack character or anything because I think you have that, but I think you should increase your messages on the forums, and if you are gonna reapply then give it some more time being back in the community than the time you've been back (at the very least a few months).

Another comment I would like to add would be saying that your plan to catch activity using F2 in-game and saying that you're willing to download other software to capture evidence followed later in the application that you Twitch stream shows two things; The first would be that you wrote the application in one go with only minimal checking and editing, and the second would be that it shows an unfamiliarity with using a capture software (OBS) that you would have to use to capture activity (even if both of these assumptions are false, it's only going in impact your application negatively that the assumptions exist at all).

TL;DR
    - Talk more on the forums
    - Wait a longer until you apply again imo
    - Triple check your application and send it to a friend or two before you post it

12. TweeCat_

IGN:
    Tweeeeeeee
    Thanks for the response. I am deciding to close my mod app for now. I am going to get a feel for the server get to know the economy, the community, and the commands. Krissy Cyk753 Michael if you could lock this thread that would be great. Thanks

13. Cyk753

Cyk753 Super Moderator Super Moderator Staff Applicant Advisor

Thread locked on request.
    If you disagree to this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it.

Kind regards,
    The Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.