NA Trinity's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Staff Applications' started by trinity, Feb 20, 2024.

1. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    No support.

You take things extremely seriously and issue punishments that are deemed a bit too extreme over something minor and not only to me but to other people as well.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Thank you Austin :heart: love you

Hi Bert, any punishment I have issued since I have joined the team I have asked others for their opinion on, so they were not deemed too extreme by others. If you feel I have punished you too extremely or unfairly, you are free to appeal it, but my application is not a place to discuss if your punishment was extreme or not. Thank you for your feedback.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mrpeeepeeee

Mrpeeepeeee Member

IGN:
    Mrpeeepeeee
    No support at all.
    You, have warned me and muted me for your own moral standards not the rules. That's something we call staff/admin abuse. If you helper than the minecraft server will for into tyranny too which I, don't want to see.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

You have two full pages of punishments from various staff for the same kind of offences. Maybe don't act like the punishment was unjust or just because of personal beliefs.
    We are lucky our discord mods are fair and choose mutes over bans in most cases. You guys complaining about a mute for perpetuating negative and offensive racial stereotypes, with your histories, should be banned.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Eli_

Eli_ Active Member

IGN:
    NightNighty_
    Neutral.
    No reason, just my opinion,

6. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    *SPAM RATES WINNER*

Re-support. I feel like people choosing not to support this should probably look at their own behavior if they're wondering why they're being punished lol

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Mrpeeepeeee

Mrpeeepeeee Member

IGN:
    Mrpeeepeeee

8. Hopper

Hopper Active Member

IGN:
    Hopperjumperk
    bump

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  9. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    No support. I've known you for a few years now, and in this time I've witnessed various interactions that have led me to my ultimate choice. It is no doubt that you have shown your dedication and commitment to Skyblock through your activity in-game and your current staff position but it is extremely hard for me to see you fit for the helper position for various reasons.

You've been extremely disrespectful to multiple people in the community for your own personal reasons, active people, and I fear that your personal vendetta against them will intrude with your position. You've said some very cruel things and rumours about people which I should not discuss here posing risk to this message being deleted. You've also led other members to be uncomfortable to the point where they had to remove you as a friend or distance from you. In many instances you've claimed to be the victim when you started the problem which I find extremely problematic. Also, looking at your recent messages, saying "I’ve yelled at a customer before to shut the [....] up" seems very contradictory with your application as you're going to be dealing with members who will troll and push you to your limit and if that's how you deal with your customers in real life, I fear as to how you will treat members in-game. Even if the situations are completely different, I do not think treating people as such is a good reflection on your application. Overall there is much more I can say but I'd rather cut it short.

My advice to comply with application guidelines is to create more friendly interactions with the community, which I'm sure you are, but does not seem visible to me. Activity is not an issue, you're extremely active and resourceful when helping players out, but your attitude and behaviour needs to improve towards a positive light. Good luck on your application.

EDIT: Furthermore, yesterday you had a QOTD set up where the question asked "Do you consider yourself a kind person?", where your no reaction was the boba tea emoji, which seems to be specifically set up to get a reaction out of me as I reported your application for being inactive and it seems as if a staff member had DM'ed you to bump it before it closed, and seemingly also told you that I reported it which not only is extremely unprofessional as you are violating the reporter's privacy, but also extremely petty of you which denotes your inability to perform moderation duties if you cannot uphold Skyblock's rules against disrespect and harassment.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 8, 2024
  10. Teeeb

Teeeb Well-Known Member

Support!

For a assortment of argument, I have a tough time seeing you being a good nominee for the assistant position.
    For your individual personal reasons, you enjoy continue exceedingly disrespectful to some humans, alive humans in the neighborhood, and I am concerned that your personal vendetta against them will affect your status. You said any very spiteful things about humans I shouldn't be conversing here, which may outcome in this message being deleted. You additionally made supplementary delegates feel so distressing that they had to unfriend/block you. In many realities, you claim to be the victim at the commencement of the problem, which I think is very problematical. If you peek at recent letters and imply "I have holler at patrons to shut up before" this seems very inconsistent alongside the application whereas you are dealing with representatives who are trolling and perturbing you. Your limits, and if aforementioned is how you feast your clientele in real life, I'm worried round how you'll treat your representatives in the game as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    bump!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. offline

offline Well-Known Member

No support. I feel like that there is some bias on the discord moderation rn. Quick decisions without backup when asking for help. Right now it is only discord, I would not like to have this style of ruling on the servers itself. Therefore, for my current impression, no support.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. AJZZ987

AJZZ987 Active Member

IGN:
    AJZZ987
    Discord moderators, including Trin, have always asked for multiple opinions by other staff members before handing out a punishment.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. trinity

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Hi Offline! On the team there is a mentorship system in place, and I utilize this mentorship a lot when it comes to punishments. I always ask for a second opinion to make sure my punishment seems fair and if a punishment is appropriate in the situation. We also have punishment guides that I reference in comparison to a players history and their actions, and take into consideration a lot of other things too, like how do they act on other platforms? How do they act in response of staff members asking them to stop? Any punishment I have handed out I have had the go ahead on by at least 2 other staff members, if not more. The only “quick decisions” ever made punishment wise is timing out players while we discuss a further punishment due to how they’re acting. Sorry that you feel my punishments are unfair, but you are free to staff report me if you feel I’m abusing my powers and you are free to create an appeal for any punishment you feel is unfair.

I’m also sure many players can vouch for the fact I’m definitely not biased, I’ve punished everyone with the same mindset regardless of if they’re my friends or not.

Thank you, AJ

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. woahitsaustin

woahitsaustin Helper Helper

IGN:
    woahitsaustin
    Of course support for trinity. Ive said it before but I'd like to comment again since people are bringing up her style of moderating the discord. First off, I think its fair to point out that in discord we often have situations which tend to get more intense due to the nature of some of the personal conversations and due to the fact that since its not the actual Minecraft chat it often feels like people think that certain things may be okay to say. Just because of the fact that the chat does tend to be more chill, often times smaller things are just people getting told to please stop in the public chat while the situation happens. That being said, there's people coming at chat from all angles including people from other discord/minecraft servers that may have friends on this server or sometimes even in the discord people who are just friends of players who haven't ever personally been on the server. Which makes it easier for chat to get out of hand if things are not dealt with accordingly. In terms of anyone having an issue with punishments; Its only fair to consider your history and I think its reflective of you knowing what you did was wrong and maybe thats clearly from a standpoint of knowing our mentorship program is in place to make sure that things are dealt with fairly and not just by one person. (as stated here)

• Like Like x 2
  16. ace_

ace_ Active Member

IGN:
    AaceOofSpadess
    personally, i've already supported this but i think the chat is more chill and that discord moderators already go through a lot, minecraft chat is usually pretty chill and chat related punishments don't occur very often (on skyblock or eco) and really it's just island farming etc.

17. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Super off topic and will probably be deleted but you literally made a whole thread not a month ago complaining about excessive drama in the chat.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. ace_

ace_ Active Member

IGN:
    AaceOofSpadess
    at this moment..

i believe that that thread was made 2 months ago or more

19. 1_sis_1

1_sis_1 Active Member

IGN:
    1_Sis_1
    In accordance with Boba's reply, I do agree with this. You have been known to gossip, and not only to people but also turn around and gossip about those very same people. I had taken a break and when I came back and saw that you had become discord mod, I was happy for you however I was also concerned. I believe you need to have a very level head to be staff, and speaking badly on someone, or even getting overly upset is not an attribute that would fit a staff member. However I have hope for everyone to grow and become a better person, people seeing the same things over again even this long after I had taken my break speaks large volumes. As for your inactivity, I have been on very frequently for the past week. Usually more than 4 hours each day. And while I have been online, both survival and economy, I have not seen you on. And if I remember correctly we are in the same time zone, so I dont quite understand how I have just missed you for the past week. Hope to see you online more often :). For now I believe the best choice I believe I can make is to not support this application. I believe everyone can become a better person, and I have no doubt that is in your case Trin. I know you have some very lovely qualities, but it is important to be well rounded to be a staff member. Hope that one day I can change this to a support :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Salvation

Salvation Active Member

IGN:
    YoureMySalvation
    No support
    No reason, just my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 3