Global /tradeshop

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by fran, Sep 24, 2020.

1. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    Hey! One of the most common things that we get to see every day in chat are players asking us how to make a tradeshop/chestshop. It can get pretty tricky when trying to tell them how to create one (or even when trying to get them to teleport to warp info or one of the player-based tutorials). Therefore, I believe that a simple, yet useful, addition would help out a lot.

This command would be something along the lines of /tradeshop, or /chestshop, or whatever is more common, and it would display some text (which would look something like this:).
    I don't know, the Line # could be removed, but there should be some sort of text before it stating that each text line represents each line in a sign. It should also indicate players that they have a tutorial at /warp info.

What cons could this bring? I am not really good at coding, but this doesn't seem too complicated to add. It would only be seen by those who actually want to see it and type the command, so it wouldn't bother the experts that already know how to do it :p. I myself forget sometimes, and being able to re-check it without having to even move would be amazing.

Thank you!

• Support Support x 6
  2. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

i like this idea a lot, especially since it really is surprisingly common with the amount of people asking how to create chest shops, and often i would link them to a forums guide.

with economy it's easier since we have /warp chestshop which i think is pretty self explanatory so the command may not be necessary for economy.

however, i think that this command especially needed for survival since the new trade shop plugin is actually quite complicated and confusing compared to the old one.

regardless i support the idea, this would be super beneficial

3. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Support,

1. This would be good for new players because if they don’t understand the tutorials for chestshops/tradeshops, this may be a bit more helpful.
    2. This is accessible anywhere except the nether but no chestshops would actually be made there. There won’t be a need to go back and forth to the chestshop warp.

To be honest, the economy one doesn’t make much sense IMO. Even new players get confused. With the brackets and no proper explanation, they don’t understand how to make it.

Hope this is implemented! I heard a /warp info is being made on Economy too but this would be good for both servers.

4. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Support, I get lots of these questions daily in chat and it's hard to answer for them, It would be a quick answer because of this command.