Top SkyChat ‘Typer’ of the Month

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by lasagna, Jul 4, 2020.

1. lasagna

lasagna Member

My suggestion is to reward the top 10 or so players with the most victories in SkyChat unscrambles/type words, much like top Voters (even if the rewards are different). As I expressed in ItsZacs /daily buff thread, it is frustrating that voting rewards directly incentivize players who do not log on often, as they “get lucky” and receive rare prizes when they do eventually log on. I do not think that must be changed, as it encourages players to come back and start playing again after a hiatus but it should be counterbalanced by rewards for players who play often. Top typer of the month is a good way to do this, while indirectly boosting chat engagement/ player relations (players usually interact after a close type battle, at the least with a gg). Let me know what you think.

• No Support No Support x 3
    • Support Support x 2
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
  2. dejongJR21

dejongJR21 Member

IGN:
    dejongJR21
    N0 support, In my opinion we don’t have to reward the players again that would be unfair because they already get the money from the unscramble and players with more experience are winning the unscramble the most Times because they know the words so that would unfair again to The new players. Side note : your talking about the rewards players get when they login, well that’s because they play on skyblock or economy and vote for the server so u get the keys on both of the skyblocks and when u vote u got a chance to get a reward that’s Why it looks like there getting a lot rewards. Wanna know the changes /rewards

3. lasagna

lasagna Member

I hear ya about doubling the rewards, but it’s the same as voting as I suggested. It’s just extra incentive to engage and participate in chat rather than everyone isolated on their island. Also, very new players are at a disadvantage, just like voting, mainly because they don’t know how to do it. After that, it’s really just a skill gap on typing speed (particularly typing) but even unscramble is relatively easy for people like me who do not know the full list or even what many of the words mean. Lastly, even if this advantages experienced players—so be it. It behooves the server to reward people for playing more. That’s sort of my whole point. The system keeps itself in check already with cooldowns, which are very conservative allowing only 2 consecutive wins.

As far as your side note; I know why they get a lot of rewards at once but it is widely believed that they also get luckier rewards (like a spawner or a head, which are like 1/5000 but never go to people who vote daily 100 days but instead to someone who votes and doesn’t log on 100 days). I can confirm this suspicion from my own experience as I spent a few weeks voting but not playing and got absurd luck upon return—much more than just the amount of keys I get in the same timespan but when active.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

4. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    No support to be honest,

This idea seems kind of useless. We already have top voters rewards, we don’t need rewards for skychat. We already get money/grass so it’s pretty unnecessary to add this. Though it’s nice to bring up a suggestion like this.

5. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Seems like a lot of work for something a little unnecessary. Getting grass from the typing games is enough as it is. On top of that, we already get things like vote parties, vote rewards, and top voters of the month. We already have so many ways to get extra money/grass, so I don't think anything more is necessary.

I think in many ways, typing games are unfair too. Players that can't type fast, or as fast as others, are always at a disadvantage. The good thing about vote rewards is that it's equal and fair with whoever gets the rewards. These players that may not come online, are still voting for the server and that still goes a long way.

No support.

• Agree Agree x 1