This is gonna get taken down

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 1stMidnight, Jun 7, 2021.

1. botia

botia Active Member

IGN:
    botiaman
    does nobody realize bypassing the island lock feature results in punishment (code of conduct) but staff can unlock others islands, no questions given???

edit: staff breaking code of conduct very pog

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  2. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    You are welcome to express your opinions on this thread but please do not spread false rumours regarding the way the staff team work/moderate.

Every case the staff team face and work through are different, we learn and discover new things everyday.

Can I just remind all players commenting on this thread to bare in mind: staff are human.
    We are not robots and we try and keep things as fair as possible. Without going into too much detail, when moderating we consider players history and how likely they are to re-offend. There are many factors of which staff consider so claiming "bias" is not a fair or just comment to make.

Thank you for writing the thread Midnight.

• Amazing Amazing x 1
  3. 1stMidnight

1stMidnight Active Member

Megan, I specifically said I had zero evidence and all I've done is heard that. You must admit that ability is very easy to abuse.

Yes, you are not robots, but there have been repeat incidents with the same player receiving special treatment. There is an enormous difference between a 7 day mute and 31-day ban, especially when it seems that ban history has been thrown out the window in considering the length and type of punishment.

4. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    My comment was directed solely at you, it was a general comment in regards to accusations that get made.
    I trust that you reported any wrong doings from other players to staff?

Please be assured if you did/do in the future, they would be handled in an appropriate manner.
    We do not believe in "special treatment" but instead we consider history, level of seriousness, attitude, likelihood to reoffend and that is just a few.
    I agree that a 7d mute and 31d ban are different however, as I said above there are many things as staff we consider when punishing players. I hope you can appreciate this?
    Thank you for expressing your concerns, it helps us gauge a reflection on what we do as a team.

5. 1stMidnight

I know that. The things were reported with a LOAD of evidence but nothing ever came of them.

I know many factors go into deciding a punishment, but out of every single factor you just listed I would logically have been given a shorter ban. This, as said 1000 times, is back when my only punishment was a ban for fly hacking while the other player had an extensive ban and mute history. I did exactly what I was asked to by staff.

6. Megan

IGN:
    Meggann
    Past punishments can not be altered now, I understand that you may not agree with the way in which it was dealt with but unfortunately there is nothing that can be done in the present to change this. We can take on your feedback for future cases but as it stands, I don't think dwelling on the past and the way it was dealt with will help now.

You have full right to be upset with the way your case was handled, which at the time you could have contacted a different member of staff for their opinion or appeal.

As I've said as a team we welcome feedback, it helps us improve the way we moderate. I can't speak for the rest of the team but I definitely take it on board. We are humans, we make mistakes and we are not perfect but we do our best to keep the server a fair and enjoyable place for players.
    Please do not confuse this with bias.

The staff team are some of the most helpful, loving and caring people I have ever met.
    We are a good group of people and I hate that this thread throws negative light upon the team.

7. 1stMidnight

Megan, the refusal of staff to even accept the possibility of bias is part of the problem. I have evidence of this happening with the same player repeatedly, which is being dealt with in DMs with staff who are actually willing to listen. That is the reason I made this public. If it wasn't being dealt with in DMs, I would have posted the evidence here.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
  8. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

We bypass island locks to do our job. We cannot help players with griefs or scams or to locate lost items without this feature. We are not breaking the code of conduct using a permission we need to moderate.
    Please don’t make speculations like this. Staff have regulations on which we are allowed to use our permissions and how we handle our role. This use case would be unethical however unlikely staff would do this since our focus is not farming and making money to compete with players.

I will continue to talk to you and get the best resolution.

For now, let’s all relax. Yes this thread is negative and yes could have been made in private but regardless it is someone’s view point and is good to listen to. I’ve read everyone’s comments and views. So thank you for sharing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Amazing Amazing x 1
  9. botia

botia Active Member

IGN:
    botiaman
    understood thank ypou for educaitong me borahae