Skyblock Thanksgiving DP idea

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by Nighteh, Oct 26, 2020.

1. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    I think having a one day only craftable item like Independence Day would be okay, but I don’t think having an entire drop party is justified since it is just an American holiday and also because of how it falls so close to the Halloween and Christmas drop parties. For example us Brits could ask for a big event for just British holidays, like bonfire night. So overall I guess I am neutral :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    it seems like a neat idea to me! I think a dp would be pretty cool and thanksgiving is a big enough holiday to be celebrated.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Nighteh

Nighteh Active Member

IGN:
    _slanke
    thank you for the support!

4. Slybudda

Slybudda THE GOAT Premium

IGN:
    Slybudda
    Personally I'm a neutral towards this, I really love the idea behind having pies and other food items dedicated to thanksgiving for a dp, however it is FAR too close to Halloween and Xmas for the event to be logically released.

Thanksgiving is also not globally celebrated, mostly Americans celebrate this event unlike the commonly celebrated Easter and Halloween, but the skyblock server is an American product with servers being EST and EDT, so I feel like having craft able items such as Pie flavours would be a cute idea for the day.

If you used the argument that thanksgiving is strong enough to be its own drop party event, then why was the 4th of July not its own event? that's even more well timed between Easter and Halloween and is the country's FOUNDING DATE, one of the most important days in American history.

This idea is very charming and I like it a lot:thumbsup: there are just too many things that clash together for it to be successful as a stand alone drop party event to a point where its best not to try it that way, although I FULLY support craft able items like Pie flavours as the event deservers some exposure.:>

5. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Neutral.

Who doesn't like drop parties am I right, and who doesn't like pie! A few concerns I have is that as pc and a few others have mentioned, thanksgiving is pretty much only a tradition in America meaning a lot of people wouldn't be as connected and influenced by it.

I like the creativity and the thought put into the suggestion with even heads and item suggestions but it just doesn't quite seem like the most appropriate drop party. I think adding too many drop parties may complicate things as well and should be kept to the larger celebrations (i.e. Christmas, Easter). This way everyone has the hype of it and everyone feels better connected to the celebration.

Overall, I love the actual idea but I just think that for a few reasons it may not be the most suitable date to have a drop party for. Suggestion is good but the requirements for a drop party don't seem met.

:heart:

6. KingJonSnow

KingJonSnow Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    As fun as drop party heads are to collect and display, I agree that 3 drop parties 3 months in a row would be a little excessive, especially for those trying to collect all of them. I do support craftable items and think they would be really fun to make and display. Currently we only have 2 craftable items a year and adding another one would be fun. I do appreciate the creativity and even offering to make the heads.

7. Reformations

Reformations Active Member

Neutral for all the same reasons repeating before me. I support a one day craftabe item, it could be pumpkin pie to keep it similar to the holiday and the heads you suggested.

I like the idea of another drop pretty but like most people have already said, 3 drop parties each less than 1 month apart is a little excessive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    yes lets do a craftable item for Guy Fawkes Day Tnt with lore maybe? Im american btw

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ItzVxper
    Neutral,

I feel that maybe there could be a limited time craftable item (as Boss stated) as Independence Pickaxes to 4th of July and Anniversary Grass to the Skyblock anniversary. I don't really agree with the concept of a thanksgiving drop party as I think the major drop party holidays (Halloween, Christmas, and Easter) are good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nighteh

Nighteh Active Member

IGN:
    _slanke
    agreed, thanks for the suggestion!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. kat_lin

kat_lin Active Member

IGN:
    funcastle
    Neutral. I like the idea of another dp or event but thanksgiving is close to halloween and christmas and also thanksgiving is only really celebrated in america and canada. Also in canada they celebrate thanksgiving before halloween. Most SB events have always been centered around North America (understandably so because most players and Crew are in North America) and i think we should offer more events that anyone could relate to. However, like i said i like the idea of another dp, but maybe instead we could add a dp in like february for valentines day or like something in may or june when there aren't a bunch of other events nearby just to spread it out.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Flip

Flip Member

IGN:
    FlipKing068
    No support. Thanks giving is only supported in a few countries and I know the majority of countries on earth do not celebrate this. If skyblock was to go through with this idea then wheres are Saint george's and Saint Patrics day or Bon fire night in england. Or what about Chinese new year in china. I just think that this is not a good idea as why should america and other countries have a dp for there celebration but not other countries? and then after a while there would be just way to many drop partys and it wont be as exciting and it will be more like just a common thing that happens almost every month. Thanks giving is between Haloween and Christmas drop party so as i mentioned it would just be to much of a common thing and the novelty would wear off.

13. Nighteh

Nighteh Active Member

IGN:
    _slanke
    thanks for giving your opinion, i mean a lot of countries celebrate christmas and new years so they arent all "just american" holidays. and people have been loving the idea of making it like a independence type thing where ppl can get like pumpkin pie with it saying "thanksgiving 2020". but i agree with not being a DP it was just a fun idea i had in mind and thought it was worth sharing so maybe be a little open minded :).

14. Flip

Flip Member

IGN:
    FlipKing068
    I see where your coming from and i agree it would be a good idea i just think it being a DP would cause to many arguments for reasons like why doesnt england get a DP for saint patrics day or china doesnt get a DP for Chinese new year ect. ect. but if i knew for sure that this wouldnt create an argument i would definately go full support i just worrie that other countries wouldnt agree with this being celebrates but other countries dont get to celebrate there own different celebrations. Im from england and we have alot of different celebrations but like i said if i knew it wouldnt create and cause problems i would support as ive nevere celebrated thanks giving and it would be cool to see what its like and what its all about xD.

15. heyits62

heyits62 Active Member

IGN:
    I like this idea! but as many other people have said, a dp may not be necessary, but I would like a craftable! (reasons all in other messages). Also something I thought was worth mentioning is I'm from New Zealand, and we have 'bonfire night' (Guy Fawkes for me) and St Patricks Day and many others of these celebrations, so not all of these celebrations considered localised are actually only in that specific country. Like, as weird as it sounds I've never celebrated Halloween, but I have celebrated Guy Fawkes (although this probably isn't too common). Idk, just raising a point sometimes forgotten. :)

16. Flip

Flip Member

IGN:
    FlipKing068
    I didnt ask for you to give me a definition of thankgiving... xD
    And why are you getting so defensive over this? lmao

17. Nighteh

Nighteh Active Member

IGN:
    _slanke
    lmao sorry i was caught up in things i got a lil heated at the moment oops

18. Flip