Tame Skywars And How To Make It Better

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by ItsRed, Nov 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    So, ive been playing skywars recently with a few friends and noticed there is bugs, no moderation system, Hackers, and Filter Bypassers everywhere.

So!
    Here is what we can do to fix this.
    Let's Start With The 2 bugs that ive found, Okay so sometimes when a block gets placed or a block gets broken there sometimes is a giant cube that forms of that block be it Redstone, cake, water basically any block this is a huge problem and ruins the aspect of the game. number two, when you bridge too quickly the block disappears and kills you unless you are careful you have most likely died from this once before.

Now for the moderation...
    If we give current mods on the Skyblock server Perms on Skywars this will basically help The hacker and bypass problem. Basically a universal fix for most of the problems beside the glitches

Now let's go into some suggestions for the server skywars.

Number one. incorporate it into the Skyblock server or advertise it more
    By incorporating it I mean put a teleport to the server in spawn or something along those lines

Number Two. Add kits that you can buy with skybucks that you get from winning or killing from a shop in the Lobby of skywars.

Number Three. Don't have it -1 skybuck when you die it discourages the new players and the bad players that you shouldn't fight because they are bad at pvp and die and lose all their money that way.

Number Four. Add Maybe a plugin like a pvp plugin where like it detects hacking and what not. Along with this, you should add a reporting system like /report ( Player Name ) ( Reason ) then a mod will tp invisible maybe and check to see if they are hacking or not

Number Five. Make It Auto Start after 1 min if they have 2 + players, Waiting for players for minutes upon minutes is extremely boring

Number Six. Donors on the Skyblock server should have special perks maybe a kit? ( if they do get added)

Number Seven. Be able to watch the end of the game with an optional setting like a sword in your inv toggling spectating

• Support Support x 13
    • Neutral Neutral x 4
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2018
  2. HuskyKiing

HuskyKiing Member

IGN:
    HuskyKiing
    Skyward isn't a big part of sky block, so not many people play it. I will agree with advertising it, but not too much. Skywars isn't what is unique about Skyblock. Neutral.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Honestly the first thing that needs to happen is staff getting permissions. We can't do anything to help, we're just regular players there.
    Neutral/Support.

4. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Support/Neutral,

I kinda want bigger maps and refills in skywars, and Support for Donor Perks, Auto Start, and Anti-Cheat Plugin, Neutral for the Skywars Staff Plugin, Number 3.

and I would like the 'After Placing Block it Disappears Sometimes' glitch to be fixed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Yeah, I'm with Neutral/Support.
    I didn't know Staff aren't Staff on Skywars, that's a bit risky, even if there's only a small number of players who play it.
    I support advertising Skywars more but I'm not entirely sure on incorporating it into the Skyblock Server itself.
    Having special kits for donors could encourage them to play.
    Report system can be handy.
    Auto start is useful as it takes forever to start.
    The others I'm just meh with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Alcala09PlaysMC

Alcala09PlaysMC Active Member

IGN:
    Alcala09
    SUPPORT!

Skywars had a good update, but staff needs to deal with the hackers and bugs.

Like you said before, the server has a kit plugin because sometimes when I join, a kit window shows up.

But, not that many people play skywars and making all these changes may just be useless because not that many play it.

With what laini said, things would start off with mods being able to have permission to kick out hackers and deal with problems in the server.

The update is great with the new spawn, but an update what Arceus said with bigger maps and refills is what people are looking for.

Auto correct

OMG, THIS SUCKS SO BAD. I think I know the reason for this. The server seems it is built for 1.8 because the attacking system is different, and when I bridge in 1.8 it actually works most of the time.

This system might not be that helpful, but an automatic hacker kick would be great like the watchdog. The problem with the bugs might kick out actual players that are lagging.

If the whole /skywars doesn't work, it would be a GREAT IDEA to turn it into a /ma j system. This would be really amazing because you could maybe win grass based on players killed, winning the game and maybe achievements in skywars.
    cooltext306020219591260.png

1. Timeout
    Timeout in skywars is maxed time playing, players could be AFK or other people in another game waiting for those players still playing. This could increase actual playtime so when 2 people are camped on their islands and nobody is going out to fight, but those people are the only left to start a new game other players are waiting for.

2. Smaller players required
    Like other people said with the autostart, maybe you can have half of the players required to start the game. This could be useful so players don't need a completely filled skywars match to actually play.

3. Donor ranks transfer to skywars
    It would be a good idea for ranks on skyblock to transfer on skywars, if this doesn't work maybe there could be a whole separate rank system for skywars with kits and skybucks.

4. Daily rewards

To maximize gameplay, there should be daily rewards of skybucks and/or other prizes for players to come on skywars and play more.

5. Buyable Perks
    Buyable perks will be amazing in skywars! You can buy perks with skybucks like jump boost potions in the next 5 games, or a random chance to get an ender pearl every game. This doesn't have to do with items but maybe can do with earning more skybucks per game.
    The ideas are endless and I would like to hear all of your ideas for skywars, thank you for reading!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Neutral / support I agree with what other people said
    Staff needs perms in order to do anything

8. Theggasaurus

Theggasaurus Active Member

IGN:
    Theggasaurus
    Support/neutral (mostly support c: )

I believe moderation would be a big part of getting skywars going again. The plugins idea seemgreat too. Just anything to get rid of the hackers! D: I use to play skywars a lot and I noticed, over time, that as the number of hackers increased the less players there were playing. Though the declining number of players may have been due to people getting bored of the server and moving on, I don’t know. I personally had always wished there were mods on more. The hackers, no doubt, made the game less enjoyable.

Another important thing is most definitely advertising, to get more people actually playing! I’d really love to see the server thriving again.

Incorporating skywars into skyblock seems kind of wrong, y’know? Yes, it probably would get more people playing but skywars deserves to be its own server… or it use to at least. Though, I suppose incorporating skywars into skyblock would be a good idea as a last resort if all attempts to revive the server fails.

I don’t like the idea of more kits. Voting for a kit (for the day, was it?) seems good enough to me. I think the simplicity of this skywars makes it very enjoyable and unique. There are so many versions of skywars out there and the ones I’ve played (not that many but whatever… :S), I have just not enjoyed as much as I have with this skywars. The reason being that there is less opportunity to gain advantages over other players in this skywars which makes it fairer. I suppose this also means that new players (that don’t know the ins and outs of this particular skywars) and more experienced players have a more equal chance of winning a game. I mean, if someone wants to play a skywars where they can become super OP and gain massive advantages over other players then they can just play almost any other skywars out there… But where can you find such a simple version of skywars?!

I’m neutral about the skybucks idea. It is discouraging losing skybucks but the majority of the people I’d played with didn’t even know about them. It’s crazy the number of times I’ve been accused of hacking from using the shop items. Maybe removing the loss, and advertising how to gain and use skybucks more would be encouraging? Or just informing players more about them?

I love the auto start idea with 2+ players. Maybe auto start after 2 or 3 minutes though, 1 minute seems too quick. There is never enough players online to fill all the spot in a game which means you can’t play unless you’ve gathered up enough of your own friends. I don’t have that many friends… but I really want to play... rip.

Isn’t there already donor perks on the skywars server? I’m pretty sure I remember people having ranks. Anyways, donors from skyblock having perks seem like a good idea as it could encourage skyblock players to play skywars. Kits would be good as a perk but I’m not really for them as I’ve already stated. But I’m not sure what other possible perks could be just as encouraging.

And I support the bug and glitch fixes, of course.

I think it’s clear I want skywars back as it was before but I suppose I’m not against new features. Moderation and auto start I think should be the first changes, just so players can enjoy the server as it is now. Most of the other changes are probably dependent on factors such as how well advertising goes, what the players want, and what Noobcrew and such want for the server.

Anyways, really hoping for some changes. Thank you for this thread!

9. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Support all ideas but 4 I think it may be incorrect and kick players who aren't hacking. For number 1, announcements can be made like the ones for mob arena

10. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    Support for all bar 1 and 6.

It never used to be a problem having skywars on a stand-alone server to skyblock. The problem is, not many people know about it, and those that used to play it moved on a long time ago. Incorporating it into /skyblock will gameplay laggier, and won’t solve player issues. The benefit I could see to number 1 though, is the fact that /seen time won’t be disrupted.

As skywars is a separate server it should have separate donor perks. You donate to /skyblock and /classic, which are similar game modes. /skywars is different. It also creates a little more money to invest back into the server to keep it up and improving.

11. Alcala09PlaysMC

Alcala09PlaysMC Active Member

IGN:
    Alcala09
    bumping this

12. EItan

EItan Member

IGN:
    Eitan3128
    i think so that after we die in the game we shuold be able to watch the end of the game

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    yeah ill add that like its optional

thanks for the help :)

14. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    Bump

Im not wasting all this writing

15. Nitro

Nitro Some Bot Premium

I only seen one hacker on and he only joined once... there is /shop with diamond armor and stuff for like 10 sky bucks, they have and need an anti cheat. I support 5 100%. Idk why /report isn’t a thing. If there were kits make em not so op, full diamond armor and a sharp 4 with kB and fire is very affective. I support basically all of this. And add new maps the one we got now are from at least 2016.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    To start with, staff do need permissions on /skywars. We can't handle anything that goes on there, and it is frustrating. Even if the server doesn't have much of a player base I still think we need at least basic staff permissions on there.

Skywars does need advertising, but the thing is almost ever server with any kind of minigames has a skywars game mode. It's so common that to get any type of player base at all, there needs to be some sort of groundbreaking feature that sets it apart from other servers. It's very unlikely that this will happen with our skywars server because Skyblock is the main server, most of the focus is rightfully on that server. I honestly don't see advertising doing much of a difference. Adding a teleporter at the Skyblock spawn I guess I support, but I can't really seeing it making much difference.

Donor kits are of course a key part of any server, and could perhaps encourage a player base, but I feel like not many would be sold because there wouldn't be much point because of the lack of player base.

I didn't really know it took away a skybuck - I guess it's not a necessary thing and could be removed.

Having a way to spot/report hackers could be handy on the server, and it is quite crucial for skywars so I do support adding something along the lines of this.

There should definitely be a way to make games start faster - it takes forever just to get one game started which just deters players away from the server even more.

I'm neutral of transferring some kits over - it may encourage more players but it would make it kind of pointless because pretty much every player would surely have a rank? I'm not sure about this one.

Support to watch a game even when you've died - most people want to see how the game finishes! This should definitely be added because it's nice to see how the game ends, and also it encourages the players to join a new game again because they are still involved.

Overall, it's clear skywars needs a lot of changes, but Skyblock is our main server and it's right that almost all the developer attention is focused there. Not to mention it's very hard to make skywars unique because of how common it is - but even if it's just our small SB community playing on the skywars server, we should be able to play in a place where hackers etc can be caught and there are minimal bugs.

17. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    /shop is a good shop in skywars, you can get items for killing other people, used with Skybucks

18. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    Agreed, like skywars it doesnt have to be the best skywars server out there it could be like a get away for the skyblock players if theyre not really in the skyblock mood

This could help by fixing some bugs and glitches

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
  19. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    ive been meaning to bump this for a while

20. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    its been a while since i bumped this