Super Lotto

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by LeoSteel, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Flamin_JJ

Flamin_JJ Active Member

IGN:
    Flamin_JJ
    Definitely got my support on this one. Why not let the wealthy risk their grass to get more. It might even give the new players chances to earn decent amounts of grass off the bat. Great idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Hey, there is a limit written in my suggestion, (64grass unless another amount is settled upon by staff) this means no one person can have a large majority over any other, if you are speaking of economy, then again there would be a limit. Also with no offence meant to anyone, this is a stand alone lottery, people obviously have free will not to enter meaning anything lost or won is a risk on their part alone.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  3. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Bumping for the Super Lotto!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Support.
    This is something that sounds pretty cool and doesn't seem pretty hard to add, yet it would enhance the gameplay of lots of people quite easily. I know there's such a huge amount of people who want this to be added, I myself, when I enter don't like the maximum of 2 grass (2 tickets) per pot! It would be cool in this super lottery if you could add however much grass you want (of course up to a certain limit though).

My only problem with this is that I'm concerned players will come to staff saying "this is rigged" and it'll take up more of our time, people don't usually mind when they lose 1-2 grass to lottery at the moment, whereas of course a whole stack is another story and people would get a lot more.. upset if they didn't win?

Other than that I see no other problem with this! :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    changing my no support to netural seems a lot of new players will lose money but in theory they could win big soo I guess netural

6. Justin

Justin - Premium Premium

Support, the only downside in my eyes is that this may make the normal lottery less used, other than that I am all for it :hah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

I do understand there may be more of that, but if it's run by the server there is more rebuttal about it being rigged, again you are right there is more risk, but again it's the player and only the player that is taking the risk as they type the command and choose their amount. Maybe a small warning in the info about the risk (If people truly don't understand the risk of losing money in a lottery) But thank you for the support :D

Players will only "lose money" if they GAMBLE it, it is a choice to use this function not a requirement, if you lose... deal with it. But thank you for switching to Neutral :D

Thanks Justin, I agree it may draw people away from the regular lottery function in search of bigger fortunes, but as suggested the larger lottery would occur less frequently so hopefully it shouldn't be too affected and still keep those looking for the little wins happy. Thank you again for supporting :D

8. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Full support - this is a great idea

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Golden_Belle

Golden_Belle Active Member

IGN:
    Golden_Belle
    Support. I don't know that I would ever take the risk, but to those who like to gamble it's a simple equation: bigger risk + bigger reward = bigger fun

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 52Phenomenon

52Phenomenon Super Moderator Super Moderator Events Manager

IGN:
    52Phenomenon
    This would definitely be a cool new addition to the server. I like how players could choose to use higher stakes in the lottery, but also stick to the low stakes of the normal one. Support :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ProPorkOfficial

ProPorkOfficial Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ProPork
    Support, but with a slight downside:
    I think everyone might remember the recent Easter Lottery win when someone (I cant remember who) won 2 stacks of grass (138 to be exact, I believe). That seems moderately big, even for such a tiny 2 grass limit. I think the 64 grass limit should be lowered to 32 or maybe even 16, for 2 reasons; 1 - it would mean that there isn't a chance for someone to claim over 1 inventory of grass, and possibly lose it all; and 2 - so that the usual lottery we have currently isn't overpowered and that there isn't a massive loss in it's usage (bc to be fair a loss would be inevitable, but the gap shouldn't be so drastic.)
    Otherwise, I love this idea!

12. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Thank you for supporting and raising a valid query regarding payment of a larger sum than potentially available in inventory space.

This may have to be programmed into the plugin to avoid any issues perhaps only cashing out to available space then banking the rest until a later trigger of the claim command.

Thank you for your support:D

EDIT: just to add that as said in the suggestion that the price cap is obviously the decision of staff and management, I choose a round number just as a price point whilst making the suggestion.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  13. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Bumping this suggestion until it is no longer a suggestion! Support for the super lottery!

14. Dinglesplat

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    There is one problem - The addition of this will result in me being poor again. I guarantee the first day I will gamble all of my grass

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

But what if you won! :D

16. Dinglesplat

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    I have extremely bad luck. I opened 10 rare crate keys, got crap. Opened about a stack of vote keys, have gotten a rare crate key, which resulted in nothing. I have done the lotto about 250 times, I won 5 grass once.\

I will not win.

But, I support this 100%, because the greybean that gets my grass will be happy, and thats what matters.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. LeoSteel

LeoSteel Active Member

Keeping the thread alive until it becomes a reality. Good day all. Bump and a nudge.

18. Eli_

Eli_ Active Member

IGN:
    NightNighty_
    I don't know if i have said anything yet but. I wouldn't want it to be like you know [EDITED]. They have like a jackpot that you can put anything into it and on the final countdown whoever bought more tickets get more % of winning? if you understand. I would want it to be completely random

FULL SUPPORT!

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2020
  19. Justin

Justin - Premium Premium

re-support :p I really think this idea would be a great addition to our server!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

Hi! Please make sure not to mention other servers C:
    For your reply, Making it completely random would not make it a lottery. The more you invest into the lottery the higher your percentages are, it's just how the lottery works. If it was completely random, then a player who purchased 1 ticket with 1 grass would have the same chance to win as a player who purchased 64 tickets with 64 grass, it's just not fair. If this random draw was implemented the person with more alts would have a higher chance to win, which really goes against what this suggestion is suggesting.

As for the suggestion, big support! The more you put in, the more chance you have to win! I'm not sure many players know how a fundemental lottery system works and especially the ones on the server, where [amount of tickets purchased] รท [total tickets purchased] = chance of winning. Anyways quite a good suggestion, a lottery removing the cap on tickets. Kudos

• Agree Agree x 1