Suggestion for server logs

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by JerryVsHarry, Feb 1, 2019.

?

Support or No support?

1. Support :D

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No Support >:C

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. JerryVsHarry

JerryVsHarry Member

Recently I created a player report because I was scammed out of my only beacon. This isn't a pity thread, its to suggest a plugin to help prevent this in the future. After speaking with 52Phenomenon, I was told the server currently has no way to track the items a player drops, only through chests. This is a problem because people like me will be scammed, and even with screenshots of the chat, I was told I needed screenshots of me dropping the beacon.

The plugin, Prism, which I'd like to suggest tracks player dropped items, vehicle events, inserts, removes and a whole lot more, so other logs/trackers wouldn't be needed, here's a shortened quote from Prism;

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Features Overview:

• Prism tracks 72 (and growing) different player, entity, and world events.
    • Multiple tools and commands let you see exactly what happened.
    • Fully configurable wand system - 3 mode choices and per-player personalization means it will work exactly how you want.
    • Rollback or restore events directly, or with a preview mode first.
    • Extremely configurable
    • Works for Bukkit, Spigot, MCPC+, etc
    • Safe command defaults (can be configured), very clean and fun-to-use chat messages.
    • Smartest rollback/restore engine ever.
    • A dozen extra grief management features that NO other rollback plugin has.
    • Extremely fast. Takes a pounding.
    • Extremely configurable.
    • Dozens of extra features you don't get from other plugins.
    • Requires MySQL for best performance.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Events and Lookup:
    • Tracks 72+ player, entity, and world events.
    • Includes block changes, container access, item inserts/remove/pickups/drops, entity deaths, shearing, vehicle events, and a LOT more.
    • Related events tracked to causing player like blocks falling, blocks detaching, trees growing, and much more.
    • Smart logging and rollback of important related data like sign text, sheep color, wolf owner, animal age, villager profession, etc
    • Tracks liquid flow and items that break because of it (lava/water-break can be tracked even when *-flow is off)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The main reason of suggesting this is because I wouldn't want this sort of scam to happen to any other player on the server, after feeling quite helpless/defeated when reporting it myself. Anyway, feedback is always appreciated. Have a good one!

2. JerryVsHarry

JerryVsHarry Member

I tried posting the link to the page, it doesn't let me, says its spamming or advertising :/
    dev.bukkit.org/projects/prism

3. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    We are unable to log items that players drop or pick up, due to the lag this would cause and the amount of storage it would require to record all of this information.

Players should never read high value items by dropping them on the ground. They could be picked up by someone else, or destroyed by clearlag.

Players are encouraged to seek help from a staff member when trading high value items such as beacons. Staff members can hold the items being traded until the agreed-upon payment has been received.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    Such as if players decide to drop all the cobble in their inventory, which would fill up the logs, so no support

5. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    We could have like a Trading Bar and add /warp trade so we won't get scammed easily. (a plugin from economy)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. JerryVsHarry

JerryVsHarry Member

It wasnt trading which was the problem, it was trusting the player to give me back. How else would you recommend I give him the item? There are times when so staff members are online, and you're in a tricky situation where the player needs to go.

It isn't that expensive to slightly increase the memory of the server, its volatile and could only store for a week or less. But if the server cannot do that financially then thats alright, I have no say in that.

A simple "NOT" rule could exclude mass objects like that, which have no relevance.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2019
  7. Leeeroieee

Leeeroieee Well-Known Member Premium

IGN:
    Leeeroieee
    I know. We probably need a better way for players to trade items safely. There's too much that can go wrong by trading items by dropping them on the ground. I'm not sure that adding a plugin to track dropped or picked up items is a good idea on our server given the challenges we often face with lag. Maybe there's another solution to the problem you posed (not having a safe way to trade with players when staff aren't online) that wouldn't be so resource-intensive.

8. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

Probably one of the best things that we had on skyblock was /warp skybase. (could rename warp trade)

If people remember, it was a warp where people were able to trade their items in the chests in little pods that lock people out. Staff were able to log these quite easily too.

If we provide a place for people to chest trade without needing /trust then it may reduce the anxiety of needing trust people and stop some from drop trading.

Of course this has some flaws. We used to have people illegal trade there constantly and some people would attempt to steal trades by being invisible or mining the back wall and block glitching to get to the chest.

But unfortunately people will always drop trade and it may still cause lag even if Lee could code something custom that detects dropped valuables.
    The best way to trade are trade shops and in general chest trades, always record trades and trade agreements, and to make sure a staff is online (summoning one from discord is effective).