Withdrawn Splat's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Splat1221, Apr 24, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai123

Kai123 What?

IGN:
    Kai123
    No, see you online often. And some of the cringy things are unnecessary comments like ‘hecking got banned’

2. otter360

otter360 Active Member

IGN:
    otter360
    Neutral (happy to change later). I haven't seen you help out much in Global (although to be fair I am afk alot of the time). Also, as stated several times by other players your application needs some work. However, you are active on economy and others have put in a kind word for you so I will be neutral for now.

3. EquineShanghai

EquineShanghai Experienced Member

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    If you don't even have 1k messages on forums you really shouldn't even consider being a mod. Your app's terrible as well

4. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    1k messages is a little harsh, considering most mods were promoted when they had around 500 messages.

5. Craney100

Craney100 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Craney100
    No Support.
    Recently you have been immature, spread rumours and just generally ungrateful. These are not the personality traits the ideal mod has.

6. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    I don’t see this is a valid point. Currently there are 12 applicants and only 2 of which have over 1000 messages.

7. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Thanks for your input.
    you are incorrect I am sorry.

8. EquineShanghai

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    One way to show maturity. By rating disagree on input on your app

9. Dinglesplat

Dinglesplat Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    It isnt immature, is is the fact that he simply disagrees with you. I do as well. If he isn't allowed to disagree with people, how the heck is he gonna get anything done?
    Not everyone has to agree with everything you say, and getting bad at HIM for doing that doesn't make him the immature one, its you.

Never in the world have people had to agree with everything. There are hundreds of countries, all founded of off different beliefs. Most countries disagree with a few things or two about other countries. Does that make them immature? No.

Criminals do horrible, evil things and they think that it's ok. Does that mean that we are not in place to disagree with them? No, we do, and its a good thing that we do, or else the world would be in a huge dystopian tragedy.

Getting a job is another example. You sign up for the interview, and in your opinion, you are perfect for the job. But you might not get hired. The interviewer has decided that you were not fit for the job. You guys disagree about it, but does that make the boss "immature" as you stated? No it does not, that is just how life works.

People are allowed to freely disagree with one another. He was not attacking you. He was not insulting you. He was simply saying that his opinion is not the same as yours. Its ok to have different opinions.

You are not using constructive criticism. You are simply being mean and rude. Splat has put a lot of time in his application, and a lot of time in helping people, I have seen it. Coming onto his application and saying that "nobody with under 1000 messages should be staff" and calling him immature because "he disagreed with me" is very rude. It would be kind if you had stated something like this "You have a great application, but in my opinion, I would prefer if you could get your message count up a bit higher, maybe to 1k? Good luck!" That would be a nice way of saying it.

"Life is full of opportunities to keep your mouth shut." - Winston Churchill

And another one:

"If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." - IDK

Be kind in your thoughts, actions, and words. ShawnBerry recently left the server, but the message he stated is truly meaningful:
    "Think twice before you speak, think twice before you act, and most of all put kindness into your life."

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  10. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    No Support Immature.

11. Craney100

Craney100 Experienced Member

IGN:
    Craney100
    If you are going to call people who are giving you constructive criticism on your app incorrect, at least back it up with a reason.

In the past few weeks you have shown immaturity-
    - Privated my horse spawner on the island you were trusted on even though it wasn’t yours, in which I had to get a moderator to remove it.
    - Leave me /mail’s accusing me that I owe you money (I don’t) and then admit that you get anger spurts. Before becoming a mod you need to learn to control those.
    - Begging me in /msg to trust a randomer on an island I have 48 spawners (in which you continued to beg after I asked you to stop and even tried to bribe you with money)
    - Sending everyone on Discord a message asking to support you on your mod app. If people want to support you, they will on their own account.

Here’s evidence to my point which cannot be disproved by the sentence “you are wrong”

12. Triggered

Triggered Well-Known Member

I think you missed the whole point of Equine’ statement.... I’m quite certain he wasn’t just talking about himself, but about Splat rating disagree to other’s feedback. You shouldn’t disagree with people on your staff application if you really want the position, it’s not the professionalism you want to display. You take feedback and work on it, not completely disagree with it.

EDIT: I’m going to elaborate on those last 2 sentences from my last paragraph. Yes, he is most definitely allowed to disagree... but seriously you shouldn’t disagree on your staff application, as I stated before, it’s not the professionalism you want to display. He should just take the feedback, and accept it. He can nicely private message the person, finding a better solution.

Also what does that job and boss situation have to do with anything? Splat is the interviewee not the boss in this scenario. Of course it doesn’t make the boss immature, he’s/she’s is the one handing out the job, and she/he wants to hire someone who is actually fit for the position.

Anyways, I’m neutral. I think you’re a good guy Splat, but you shouldn’t disagree with people’s feedback on your application, change that and I’ll consider supporting :)

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  13. Dinglesplat

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    The job and boss situation was just another scenario, saying that people can disagree with other people, that does not mean they are immature

EDIT: I just checked, he has only disagreed with 2 of them...

14. EquineShanghai

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    Personally I wouldn't blink an eye if he rated me disagree. I've had enough disagree, rude and dislikes in my day. He disagreed with another member's analysis that he was immature. He can disagree all he wants, but if someone says you're immature there's something you've got to change. A negative rating won't help your case

15. EquineShanghai

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    Cheers mate, explained it extremely well

16. Dinglesplat

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    He has only disagreed on 2 posts, ill quote them here
    I think he disagreed this one simply because he disagreed. Maybe he doesn't recall spreading any rumours, and so he thinks that the feedback is false. If that is the case, then he has the right to disagree, to let them know that he does not think that he has spread those rumours (idk if this is the case, im just saying)
    He disagreed with this one for good reason, along with the 4 other people who did.
    There are many other people who were accepted into staff with less than 1k messages. For instance, Frxxxn
    He barely reached over 1k messages, and he is an AMAZING staff member.
    Lilcupcakefreak also got accepted, and currently only has 372 messages.
    K41YU got accepted as well, he is an AMAZING staff member as well, and he only has 628 messages, post-application
    Many more did as well, but im not gonna list all of em

He disagreed with that post because it was also invalid, as you can tell from the accepted staff members who had less than 1k that having less thank 1k isn't bad at all, hence why the requirement is 50

17. EquineShanghai

IGN:
    EquineShanghai
    I don't know K41YU and I'm sure he's a great staff member. Perhaps my personal criteria was a bit harsh but you have to understand Fern has been on the server for AGES. Helping out in any way possible - and an absolute gem to have on this server.

I encourage you to look through Splats recent posts. 0 messages helping anyone other than one or two "Welcome to the forums" that anyone applying would do in order to make themselves look better and more "helpful". The only posts have been on other mod apps. Continuing with my heavy no support

18. Dinglesplat

IGN:
    Dinglesplat
    Who is "fern"

19. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    Fran.

*Rules*
    ♦ Please do not mention your donor rank. Donor ranks are not considered in the selection process
    ♦ Only one application thread should be in the section at one time. You can make more than one thread, however ask staff to archive the old one

Only advertise your staff application on your own profile and signature; not in game, discord or in another persons application
    ♦ Do not tag staff to look at your application
    ♦ Please do not bump your application too frequently
    ♦ Do not copy or plagiarise another users application. This included applications from skyblock or other servers

Changing to no support

20. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    I've seen you on many times, barely in the chat and never helping. no support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.