Skyblock Spawner toggle

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by iQuestionLogic, Jun 21, 2020.

1. iQuestionLogic

iQuestionLogic Active Member Premium

IGN:
    iQuestionLogic
    Implement the ability to toggle spawners on and off.
    The spawners will physically remain in place and count towards your island limit but will not be able to spawn mobs.

Why?
    Most people who have mob grinders do not remove spawners from them when not in use.
    Likely because; they take time to manually remove, fear of losing spawners (have a tendency to fly away) and the 30sec cooldown when redeploying then.
    Around 75% of my own spawners are running inefficiently right now.

According to Spork’s reply to this, mob spawning uses approx 5% of server resources, plus the mob drop entities being processed by redstone machines.
    Could be implemented via a new command or through a lever attached to spawners (acting as a toggle).

Pro:
    • Sizeable performance improvement
    Con:
    • Implementation cost

If something like this already exists, let me know!

• Support Support x 13
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2020
  2. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support. It would be great to have such feature implemented and will be easier for people with multiple/big grinders considering the time consuming cool down of the /spawner command.

3. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

5% is a lot if you think about it as a whole, but not only would this bring performance benefits, it would be helpful for players with large grinders too. I can't find any other reasons why this would negatively impact the server, it's just whether it's a) possible to do and b) going to take too much of the developer's time to do. Hands down, if it's not too hard to implement then I don't see a problem with adding this.
    Support.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. Flamedestroyer44

Flamedestroyer44 Member

Support this would be nice although you could just have glow stone with a block in front of it and use a piston to move the block out of the way. This would change the light level and keep mobs from spawning. This also wouldn’t be that hard to build

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Porky

Porky Active Member

Full support, I agree with the implementation cost, but maybe it could also be a perk for those with ranks? ;)

6. KatKit

KatKit Member

IGN:
    KatKitt_
    support. love the idea. some people's computers aren't happy when too many mobs buildup in one place too. also just neat to be able to do it