[Skywars] We all knew this was coming

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Moee, Mar 2, 2019.

1. DegenerateGnome

DegenerateGnome Active Member

IGN:
    DegenerateGnome
    I mean, sky themed maps... :>

2. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    I feel like for skywars, we should have a link between this server and mineverse's skywars, Im guessing they get more players than we do.

3. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    I haven’t been active in a while, so excuse me if some of my facts are incorrect.

I’m not really sure why there is a skywars server right now. It was popular several years ago, but the server lost its player base and shut down. Even after the server was brought back, I don’t think it ever had a steady player base to support it. During almost all my time playing Skyblock, whenever myself, friends, or other people suggested playing skywars or other mini games, they would almost always log on to a different server.

The biggest problem right now is that the skywars game mode is one of, if not the most common game modes/mini games in Minecraft right now. There are so many other skywars servers all better than this one, with better anti-cheats, features, maps, kits, etc. with much larger player bases, allowing for a better playing experience. Not to mention the advertising involved in gaining such a player base in the first place.

Unless there are plans to make this server stand out from the dozens of other big/well-known skywars servers, as well as plans to advertise the server (not just skywars, but all of the servers) to gain a larger and more consistent player base, skywars will be confined to its current status.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    It got placed back because people wanted it back, but how it's not alive anymore really so there's not point.

5. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    People wanted it back because they expected it to be just as good/better than it previously was especially in comparison to other skywars servers. Those expectations obviously weren’t met, so now no one bothers to play on the server.

6. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    It was, which is why the current skywars is so utterly disappointing.
    So many other servers have so much more, while we’re stuck with the exact same server we had 4 years ago.
    Moving it to Mineverse killed the server, why did it even happen?

7. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

The hosting company deleted skywars completely and there were no backups on the pc of cyp or crew. The server was then combined with mineverse's already made skywars because they didn't want to re set up everything.

Now it has moved back and there is so much to do to get it properly up and running but all the focus is on the main skyblock server.
    Skywars was fun years ago before it was deleted. I wish we had that back.

• Like Like x 1
  8. (robbie)

(robbie) Experienced Member

100000% correct. all facts here, nobody should disagree.
    its lookin like people reallly wanted it. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  9. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    The developers could spend their time improving skywars, but why? They have more important servers to work on that have bigger player bases they need to keep up, leaving them no time to work on skywars. Unless we get more developers, I don't see a future for skywars.

Even if they improve skywars, how will they tell people that skywars was way way better than it used to be and that it's worth playing now? Will skywars ever be popular again?

10. archerexpert777

IGN:
    simparch777
    how's skywars on Mineverse? is it getting a lot of players or its the same issue here

11. (robbie)

(robbie) Experienced Member

ADVERTISING.
    it's something they haven't done for YEARS. since skythekidrs was on.
    even if they did, i don't think it'd get players simply because of the fact that it's skywars. every single server has it just about. there's no unique aspect to it. it's dirt, trash, garbage.

12. DegenerateGnome

DegenerateGnome Active Member

IGN:
    DegenerateGnome
    Honestly, what they ought to do is hold a big contests for people to create maps, the top maps being put into skywars, this would at least give people a reason to look at it.

13. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    You change your bio to R.I.P Skywar Skyblock instead of Classic lol

Attached Files:

14. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    Why would anyone have incentive to create maps for a server with zero player base? So much time goes into making good maps, and no one would waste that time on a dead server?

Maps are obviously a great idea, but that would need to come after all of the preexisting issues with the server are solved, and after a lot of advertising brings back a semi-decent playerbase.

15. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    heyyy
    since you are all on...
    how about a game of skywars?

16. Jess

Jess Senior Member

IGN:
    beautiiful
    lmao no