Skyblock now on Minecraft Marketplace!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Noobcrew, Dec 31, 2022.

1. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    not y'all dissing mineverse :sweat:
    but no i get ur points and i don't disagree i was just sharing what i know......... :chicken:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Awesomolocity

Awesomolocity Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    It's actually possible to do two things at the same time.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

The only issue I have is when I play, because of the custom texture/resource pack, my actual character doesn't show. It is always steve. If that could be fixed that would be amazing :)
    Otherwise this is really cool! Hopefully a step closer to cross platform skyblock

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    There is a store for skins/resource packs/maps on bedrock (the new console version/pocket edition), the skyblock map is now on that store.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    AHHH, love!
    Agree with the skin thing above, Alex ruins my vibe! :):)

Thanks for this Crew!
    Can't wait to see what the rest of 2023 looks like!..:starstruck::heartface:

6. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    It's also possible to do nothing and say you're doing something.
    Just saying.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  7. MrEPro

MrEPro Active Member

IGN:
    MrEPro
    Coolios but all I care about is the java 1.19 update ngl

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

Played around a bit on this map Noobcrew and it's fun but I think some things could maybe get fixed. I am playing on an iPad.
    • Having a resource pack doesn't allow us to put a skin, not sure if anything could be done about this but now I can't use my rlly cute skin! :pensive:
    • When teleporting from island to hub, sometimes the button double clicks due to hub and island being on the same hotbar which then immediately returns us back to the island, so it might be better to move the island hotbar to number 1, and keep hub at number 9
    • When teleporting from hub to island in the beginning, it places the player where the lava is usually placed which did in fact get us killed but it was funny bahahah, however hopefully this part can be fixed and the hub spawn can be changed to a diff part of the island? This issue wouldn't be too bad if the hub and island hotbar weren't the same so that the player can be prepared for the lava when returning to island
    • Also not sure if I just haven't figured it out yet but, would be cool if completing challenges could give a prize of some sort i dunno
    • On realms, when teleporting to island, ALL players get teleported too which disrupts the game. Any players who were originally at hub are not able to place and break blocks on the island until they click the island teleport block (which will again prompt everyone to teleport to island spawn)
    • In singleplayer and on realms, the cobble generator takes FOREVER to actually generate and give the cobble

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2023
  9. Noobcrew

Noobcrew Server Owner Server Owner Administrator

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    Thanks for the bugs, will pass this on to the developers!

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. EvilGod

EvilGod Member

IGN:
    EvilGod
    "no shade but <proceeds to shade>".

Also I kind of sort of agree.

11. fridaycat

fridaycat Member

IGN:
    foreverLucky
    So far I've come across a multitude of "quirks" in the Bedrock version of the map that I happened to notice, ranging from what amounts to digital pocket lint, to completely gamebreaking problems. I thought I should list them here so these can be addressed and (hopefully) fixed soon.
    Note: I'm playing singleplayer with Bedrock for PC, via the Windows Store. Some of what I've experienced may not apply to multiplayer or other platforms.
    Cosmetic Issues

• The custom font included with the map looks fine enough, though for me it caused some spacing issues in the actual world selection screen when leaving. Personally I'd prefer vanilla, but to each their own.
    • Character creator skins don't seem to work, being replaced with (notably beardless pre-1.19.3) Steve, but classic skins work fine.
    • The actual skyblock itself seems to be much higher up in the sky than its 2.1 counterpart. While 2.1's skyblock rests with its lowest layer at y:64, the entirety of Bedrock's skyblock exists above the cloud layer. guess it's not called "SKY"block for nothing
    • The sun and moon seem to "jitter" to their next position in the sky, rather than the smooth glide they usually have.
    Minor Gameplay Issues
    • At the very start upon first loading the map, there were mobs both passive AND hostile littered around the hub area. Fortunately none of them killed me, and I never saw them again after warping out to the skyblock.
    • For the first few minutes on the skyblock proper, blocks seemed to take much longer to break than usual, and dropped items seemed to lag through the air. Not sure if that's just on my end or not, but it was worth noting.
    • After making a waterfall into the void, water seemed to linger just below the death plane after I scooped it back up. Happens with lava as well.
    • Certain items have multiple "versions" of themselves in the crafting menu. If you happen to craft the wrong one, they are automatically converted one-by-one to the "correct" version of that item via what seems to be a repeated /give command. Some of these have different tool-tip descriptions, names, even design from the "correct" versions, which seem to just be the vanilla blocks. I specifically remember torches, trapdoors, and fences being items with identity crises.
    • Fortunately I read this thread before downloading, so I knew not to put the cobble generator's lava right below the warp point from the hub, but death by spawnpoint is a serious issue for the uninformed.
    • I happened to complete the "Make a Nether Portal" challenge just by walking through the huge portal in the hub area, after going to the skyblock and back.
    • I'm not sure how "Build a House" is quantified. Does it go by village rules, sealed room with a door and a bed? Does it have to be a certain size? I built a house, but there's no bed inside, so I assume I need a bed, but I have no way of knowing.
    Gamebreaking Issues
    • Despite the plural header, I only happened across one glaring and repeatable issue that, through no fault of my own, led to my inevitable death and would have locked any and all progress had cheats been disabled: Any attempt to return to the overworld from the Nether, via the Nether portal that brought me there, led to me being brought back far below the skyblock, with no possible way to reach safety. I died, of course, and all of the one-of-a-kind items I thought I would be safely at home with, were cast far into the void, without a thought, never to be seen again.
    So yeah, that's my experience with Skyblock Bedrock Edition, and I hope that over time, with some patches and tweaks, the map can become just as streamlined as the original if not moreso. All these problems I had aside, I find it really interesting that only now has the original map been brought to the Marketplace, which is already flooded with dozens of maps under the name "Skyblock". A lot of them are completely original takes on the idea of course, but I'll always wonder how the few near-1:1 clones shamelessly using the name managed to get approved. Regardless, it's nice to see the original map by the original creator on a platform where they can get proper compensation for their work. I can only hope that will happen with Faithful someday. Cheers :hah:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. xhideaway

xhideaway New Member

Unfortunately this map is a bummer. It contains so many bugs that some challenges are simply unbeatable:
    - Nothing spawns in Nether when you build a platform (gold cannot be obtained)
    - Portal from Nether ports you mid-air killing you (I have lost hours of gameplay, because I took the items from the chest and died afterwards without any chance to get them back. Had to start again)
    - Endermen drop no pearls
    - Skeletons drop no arrows

Those the ones I encountered, then I stopped playing as I realized it's not possible to fulfil some challenges. I wrote to support and requested them to fix the bugs but they told me I should contact Piki Studios on my own because they won't do. They delegated their problems to me who paid for the product which was supposed to work. Ironically I tried to contact them but was unable to do so as their Minecraft profile page contains no "Get in touch" button and their contact form on their website simply does not work (you can't send the message). Process took approximately two weeks until I got my refund which was real pain.

It's a such shame that Minecraft is selling broken content for money and no one cares that it's not working. And you have to substitute their job to contact developers of particular broken world. Cherry on top is that creator cannot be contacted...

13. AJZZ987

AJZZ987 Active Member

IGN:
    AJZZ987
    The skyblock experience!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    Makes me think I'm playing the Java version.

15. Noobcrew

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    An update was pushed today with various bugs and issues fixed.

Had no idea on some mobs not dropping the correct materials and we will make sure to get that fixed. What platform were you playing on to experience this however?

There was that game breaking issue in our first version in regards to the Nether and it was fixed long ago.

I do agree in regards to that with Minecraft. To be honest, it's difficult working on anything with the Marketplace and you can't actually test it on different platforms until it is released. Issues that are present on Mobile for example would not be present on Nintendo Switch or Playstation, or vise versa. There is also no valid bug report system that goes directly to the developers/team on us even being aware of what's going on.

Also, pushing an update right now literally takes weeks or months even if the changes done are minimal. Mojang/Microsoft is supposed to test every Marketplace content to its fullest extent before being published however as mentioned we had that very obvious and game breaking issue in our first version that shouldn't have gotten out.

Apologies for the experience you've had, I am constantly trying to improve this to make it the same, or better, then the Singleplayer version though it has it's difficulties. Greatly appreciate your feedback!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. xhideaway

xhideaway New Member

Hi,

Thanks for explaining the details behind the scenes, it's much more clearer to me now why it's so complicated. That seems like a really painful process to develop the content right. Sorry to hear that.

Anyway, I was playing the regular Windows 11 version. No extra additions were added when I created the world and also I kept all the settings as pre-configured (did not even unlock the settings). I first noticed the problems when teleporting from the Nether where I died instantly by falling into the void (I was teleported about 50 blocks below the starting platform with a tree). Then I noticed I didn't have any skeleton arrows and the Endermen weren't dropping any pearls. And then I built a huge platform around the Nether Portal in the Nether and noticed that not a single mob had spawned there.

But I don't know exactly what went wrong. To me it seems like whole world template got bugged and then it didn't matter how many times I created new world it was broken every time.

Edit: I decided to re-buy the world so you have fresh feedback. Some things were fixed:
    - Nether portal from the Nether ports you correctly back
    - Skeletons drop arrows

However some things still do not work for me:
    - Enderman drop no pearls
    - Nothing spawns in the Nether (built a platform 100x100 with commands - one with cobblestone one with netherrack)

And noticed one more thing, not sure if it's important. There seems to be no snow in Overworld. If there is a rain there seems to be no place in Overworld where it's snowing (tried to port to 1000 319 1000, 1000 319 -1000, -1000 319 1000, -1000 319 -1000)

17. Noobcrew

IGN:
    Noobcrew
    Thank you, i'll look into fixing those issues with Enderman drops and mob spawns in the Nether. I believe there might be a Snowy Slopes biome at around x:500, z:-200 and a larger Frozen Peaks biome next to it at x:700, z:-350, though I only looked up the seed and haven't tested this.

Feel free to let me know if you have any further issues here or via dm's on discord. Thanks again!

18. JAWD543

JAWD543 Active Member

IGN:
    JAWD543
    Lol, dms on discord. Man still hasn't responded back to me after a month. Mid convo then boom ghosted. :sobbing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. xhideaway

xhideaway New Member

I see what is the problem. Default Skyblock template uses Flat world and cannot be changed, so there is no biome. It does not snow on any of coordinates:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]