Skyblock grass for Eco balance

Discussion in 'Skyblock' started by KhalDrogo, May 29, 2021.

1. KhalDrogo

KhalDrogo Experienced Member

IGN:
    Drogo
    This is not a trading post but posted here as information for anyone looking to trade SB grass for ECO balance.
    Many believe the exchange rate to be 1:1000 and this was the case for along time.
    Due to changes on Eco that make skybucks much easier to obtain, this exchange rate must change as well.
    Drogo can’t say what that new rate is but consider that some people are now making 2 million skybucks per day purely AFK albeit with a large initial investment. Additionally anyone can make many many thousands per hour with no investment at all simply reselling from other people profit shops.

Additionally, any player with no investment at all can still make up to $100,000 per hour.

Note, this change is really only effective as of about a month ago and will likely change again at some stage. Point is to be aware when making cross server trades.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  2. Blade2344

Blade2344 Member

IGN:
    Blade2344
    Drogo we don't often agree, but we do here. Through profit stores it has become possible to make up to 100k an hour. That would be 100 grass per hour according to the old rate. A plausible rate would be 1:3000 in my opinion to do justice to the abundance of skybucks here. You only have to use 8 hours on the economy server any profitshops, and would therefore have more grass on Skyblock than some players who plays for weeks to achieve something. That is not fair. When I see how some players trade millions of skybucks for grass at the rate of 1:1000 I feel sick. But since unfortunately the normal eco/sb player does not think about such extent of the changes, we will probably remain the only ones and get upset about the trade rate.

3. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Agreed as we are that 1:1000 is a ‘rip off’, those trading at this rate are guilty of, or victims of a scam. Which of course is against the server rules.

SCAMMING
    Scamming is the act of one player suggesting a trade to another and either a) taking the items and leaving or b) completing the trade, but having ripped the other player off.

Anyone disagreeing with this, I ask you to stand behind your statement and sell Drogo your grass at 1:1000

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
  4. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    Whenever I would do Economy <-> Survival trades, I would generally use the going rates for grass/skybucks to dollar values. This has its own series of problems, given Survival has been pretty constant at a stack of grass per dollar, whereas Economy trade rates are always fluctuating and can vary heavily depending on who you ask.

Overall, though, I do think this is still a decent method to begin negotiations.
    (Edit: as I look through some current threads and messages with people doing upgrades on Economy, it seems like people have started using this 1:1000 trade rate for figuring out dollar values on the shop, so this may no longer be valid solution to the post)

Slight tangent, but I just realized I'm very out of the loop on what trade prices are like nowadays. Last time I made a trade between servers was in 2019, and it was a 35k-45k skybucks per stack of grass, which is already way below the 1:1000 trade price mentioned. I remember at the time exchange rate was constantly fluctuating, where when I first started playing it was 15k-25k skybucks per stack of grass. Interesting to see that it rapidly rose for quite a while, then stuck at the 1:1000 ratio. Probably just because it was easy for people to remember.

5. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    I actually sort of disagree with it being that high.

First problem though besides the actual value itself, 1:1000 has been the going rate for a while now and for skyblock players that don't play eco it really is an easy number to remember and having any change to that conversion rate is going to take a lot of first of all convincing them it's increased as well as telling every skyblock player that it's changed.

Second thing, I don't actually believe it's increased to 2-3k. First point is that the people making 500k a day or more are the top 10% of players on the server and not everyone has that much from their farms even though I do agree it's very easy to get money now. The other point is the average person who is trading grass for skybucks is not an eco player, it's a skyblock player getting rid of skybucks to get more grass because they dont' have a farm or money source on economy. Someone who is making over a million a day is most likely someone who actually PLAYS eco and not skyblock. Most of the time, (and this is from experience as I've traded with dozens of people grass to skybucks and vice versa) it's a skyblock player looking to trade their balance they have for grass. This is because a lot of them save up for months and then just dump it all into grass after a while. To say theyre balance theyve been saving for over 3 months is worth less than half of what it was sounds dumb to me. There is a much larger playerbase on skyblock and most of the time it's not going to be an eco player trading 10 million skybucks for 10,000 grass.

Ok besides that point, I do think the price per grass should be increased but not by as much that's been stated. Look at it this way. Someone on skyblock has 1 DC of grass (That's very little considering many rich players have 10-100 DCs of grass) as of right now that DC is worth 3,456,000 dollars on eco. Now if you increased the price to 2000-3000 per grass, that DC now becomes worth 6.9million to 10.3 million. There is no way that DC of grass is now worth 2-3 times more than it has been for months it's too sudden of an increase

My number I have in mind is 1400-1600 per grass. It's a big enough increase to account for decrease in value of the skybuck, but it's not so major that everyone on skyblock is now rich on eco if they choose to be. I think the 1500 range is a good increase from the current 1000 we have

6. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Those who have many DC’s of grass have amassed them over years. Drogo has about 40 DC’s and each would have taken about a month to earn (rough guess). Some people are earning 2 million per day so at 1:1500 they would take only 3 days to earn what Drogo earned In a month.

The average player would be lucky to earn a stack of grass per day on SB. That same player could come to Eco with absolutely nothing and earn that in an hour using profit shops.

And you can’t just consider the time as selling on SB requires real effort in restocking shops and waiting for customers where as on Eco, you can just AFK all day and sell via /shop, profit shops or warp or /warp shop with a bit more effort.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: May 31, 2021
  7. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    I disagree with this thread. Skyblock money making ventures take a lot less upfront money and time then require constant time to run. Eco farms require massive upfront time and money investment with easier returns,. The exchange rate is totally fair. Haberson makes about a dc a day only on or 3 people make 2 mil a day

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. ndrew11223344

ndrew11223344 Member

IGN:
    ndrew112233
    I'll be upfront and say I abuse this trade once or twice a week. I go to eco and sell pumpkins for 1hr and boom, I can trade it for a stack of grass. Only once or twice since the demand isn't that high.

If I could rate comments, I would disagree with every comment that thinks a 1k:1 exchange rate is remotely fair. If any brand new greenie can make 64 grass an hour, something is really wrong. The exchange rate is way out of wack because these pumpkin farms are basically printing money into the economy and people aren't realizing how easy it is to make money off these profit shops now. I think the rate will probably go up with time though.

I don't have great morals when it comes to trading so if you're offering me 1:1k I'll take it. Heck, if you offer me 1:2.5k I probably will still take the deal if that's the lowest price. But I'm not nice enough to give 2.5k per grass if you offer 1k first :/.

Awareness of the market is how you can earn a quick buck or two. Drogo, I think definition of scam is a little off. I played on classic for a while, quit, and came back and joined survival. First thing I noticed was the gold prices were awesome, I found a shop where I could buy 64 gold ingots for 1 grass, so naturally I bought a ton. But in reality I was getting ripped off since many other shops sold 128 gold ingots for 1 grass pretty easily. Should the other player be punished for selling gold at 64:1 and thereby 'scamming' me? No, other players are not breaking the rules for selling me gold at 64:1, it was just my own mistake that I wasn't aware of the market beforehand.

I encourage other players to think more about the apparent value of eco bal vs grass, or any item and make a better educated decision on a price. Eco players with survival grass have the leverage, not me. But, If I get a good opportunity, I'm taking it.

9. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo mentioned that anyone, with absolutely no playtime or balance can come straight to Eco and by using the abundance of profit shops, earn enough skybucks to trade for one stack of grass in about an hour. This cannot be done on SB.

Additionally, about 2 months ago Drogo had pretty much zero balance. By selling many dc’s of pumpkins from profit shops and building his own pumpkin farms, he now makes over 1 million per day. This time is primarily spent AFK, with a bit over two hours per day to sell his own pumpkins and build up the farms.
    Two months from nothing, spent mostly AFK should not equate to over 1000 SB grass per day.

Drogo is happy for anyone who disagrees with what he say’s. Please PM Drogo and he is happy to buy your grass at 1:1000.

10. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    This is precisely Drogos point and what he is trying to help unwitting SB players from. thanks for your honesty.
    Also that is not Drogo’s definition of a scam. That is copied straight from the server rules.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  11. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    I agree.

Grass to balance ratio is way off now.
    It’s a lot easier to get money on economy consequently meaning the conversion rate needs balancing.

I wouldn’t call it a scam but that does need to be some alteration.

I also understand that not all players do earn 500k+ a day but farms are growing at a rapid rate.
    I think a revaluation of grass : skybucks is needed.

12. UrsusMaiorus

UrsusMaiorus Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Ursusmaiorus
    when I next need balance ill take u up on that

• Like Like x 1
  13. KhalDrogo

IGN:
    Drogo
    Drogo just spent all his balance but will afk for the next day and will have over 1 million this time tomorrow so happy to trade after that.