Shulker Starter Boxes for new players

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by KingJonSnow, Apr 1, 2020.

1. KingJonSnow

KingJonSnow Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    I think everyone has seen the influx in players on the server. I know often times, people join the server, play around and either stick around to start grinding or leave the server. I want to start to help those players who decide to stick around.
    I have been making shulker boxes with items in them for new players to get a jumpstart on the server. They contain enchanted gold armor, enchanted iron tools, some blocks, crops, and some food to get those players started. It costs me about 5 grass to make the boxes in supplies and takes a couple hours to get everything enchanted, which I'm happy to do the work. If anyone is interested in helping, I want to make these boxes free for players to get going at least for a little while. So if you want to help, here is how you can get involved.
    For any grass donated to the project, I will match it with my own grass. Anyone who wants to enchant gold armor, swords, iron tools, bows, and fishing poles can do so and drop them off at my island /visit KingJonSnow. These boxes will be free for new players as they continue to join and play. This is an awesome opportunity to keep new people interested and help them along the way. Message me here or in game if you want to get involved.

-KingJonSnow

• Friendly Friendly x 7
    • Amazing Amazing x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Flamin_JJ

Flamin_JJ Active Member

IGN:
    Flamin_JJ
    I will be glad to help make these shulker boxes in any way that you need later when I go on.

3. GAMER1232012

GAMER1232012 Well-Known Member

I will be happy to contribute a grass or two for each box you sell. As I expressed to you in game, I believe the max price for these boxes should be 3 grass, as that is the base daily income of a new player. If you're asking them to pay 5 grass, I don't think many will go for it. It may not seem like much to experienced players like you and I, but many new players have a high reverence for grass. This may be due to the perceived difficulty in getting it.

If you take a grass or two donation from me for each box you sell, you can afford to lower the price to 3 grass each from 5 grass. I'm sure there will be others interested in joining in; perhaps we can even lower the price to 1 grass.

Togpuss ShawnBerry interested?

• Like Like x 1
  4. RedstoneTrails

RedstoneTrails Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    RedstoneTrails
    Just message me on Discord with what I can do to help and I'll be down to support this effort :D

5. KingJonSnow

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    I am lowering the price to 0 grass for new players. Since they cost me 5 grass to make, for every 5 grass donated, I'm distributing 2 shulker boxes to new players. I can't promise this will last forever, but I want to do my best to encourage new players to stay and continue to be a part of our community. I really appreciate the interest :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. KingJonSnow

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    Awesome!! Thanks Redstone :)

7. BabyYoda777

BabyYoda777 Active Member

IGN:
    Cosmoschaos
    This is a really dope idea, but idk about the honesty of the players. Ngl its kinda hard to execute this, but if u figure it out, im totally down to help.

8. KingJonSnow

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    Thank y'all for all the help thus far. Managed to hand out 27 shulkers yesterday to new players or players who were unranked and didn't have much. Hopefully this will help people continue to engage in the server. Also thanks for all the donations to help make this possible. Im working on the next batch of 50 shulkers right now. If anyone has the sky block mod and the ability to /enchantall and you want to enchant some things, let me know and I'll provide items needed to be enchanted. This is where things go a little slow cause they have to be enchanted with breaks to prevent being kicked for spam.

9. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    I am free to help do anything but I'm skylord so can't do /enchant.

EDIT: ice?

10. KingJonSnow

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    Ice would be awesome!! I’ll need about 50 stacks of ice to put one stack in each shulker.

11. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    fif-fif-fifty? Yessir will do (well my personal slave assistant doing it with my help).
    (GeoBerries You know what this means? FULL TIME ICE)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Geo

Geo athyrix Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    mlgeo
    Ooo, my speciality (not by choice).

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. FalcoFalcon

FalcoFalcon Well-Known Member

IGN:
    FalcoFalcon
    That is a great idea! (I have some vote keys laying about if you need some). Just one tip: NEVER PUT THEM IN CHEST SHOPS! That is the easiest, I know, but they will be gone before you know it, always by people who don't need them... If I were you I'd go to every new players island and dropping them one.

If you need some key hit me up!

14. KingJonSnow

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    Yeah I'm asking in chat who needs then and handing them out 1 by 1 to make sure no one abuses it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ShawnBerry

ShawnBerry Active Member Premium

IGN:
    ShawnBerry
    I'm down! I'm willing to donate my time as well as grass!

my IGN is Shawnberry so /mail me and let's get started!

16. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    Do you need cobblestone too?

17. KingJonSnow

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    Awesome!! The biggest thing right now is enchanting. If you have /enchantall and don't mind enchanting a shuckers worth of items, it would help so much. Enchanting 20 shuckers worth of items seems to be the part that takes the longest to get these handed out.

18. KingJonSnow

IGN:
    KingJonSnow
    2020-04-03_10.50.12.png

This is what I am putting in the boxes if it gives y'all any ideas.

19. WhatsUpDoc

WhatsUpDoc Eh What's Up Doc? Premium

IGN:
    WhatsUpDoc
    I can give you 5 shulker boxes for free :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Pillow

Pillow blanky Premium

IGN:
    Pilberry
    I can get ice (as stated) I think Haberson might be able to do stone + cobble. I can do mutton too.

EDIT: give me 9-10 days and I'll get skygod and can enchant things but I don't have the skyblock mod so have to do each enchantment on its own.

EDIT: what enchants?

Last edited: Apr 3, 2020