Shop Verification System

Discussion in 'Forums Suggestions' started by iQuestionLogic, Sep 30, 2019.

?

Yay or Nay

1. Yay

84.6%
  2. Nay

15.4%
  1. iQuestionLogic

iQuestionLogic Active Member Premium

IGN:
    iQuestionLogic
    So currently the Skyblock Shop has no player verification system, meaning people are able to impersonate others and purchase products.

If the impersonator were to chargeback a purchase it would result in a automatic permanent ban of the impersonated player who is completely innocent.

So I’m suggesting a system be introduced to verify that the purchase is actually being carried out by the selected player (e.g. via email/IG).

PS. I didn’t know where to add the suggestion so I posted it here!

• Support Support x 8
    • Neutral Neutral x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    The whole reason for people to be able to buy things under another players name is so they can do it for ingame items. There has been no incident that I know of where people buy other player ranks and charge back on purpose, adding this verification system will make it hard for people to do upgrades neutral

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    I have seen this on other servers. Maybe when you are purchasing something on the store you could be given a code and then you have to go on the account that is logged in on the store and type /verify (code).

Adding on to what Monster said, I don't think it would make things too difficult as the person that is buying something for someone can just tell the other person the code for them to type.

I have, in fact, seen many cases of people purposely 'chargbacking' others. I think this would stop that minor issue (minor because it isn't really done that often).

Support.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. iQuestionLogic

IGN:
    iQuestionLogic
    People buying other player items is fine, that what the gift feature is for - adding verificaiton won't make things harder it will just encourage people to buy items the approriate way (gift). Whether the chargeback was intentional or not it still results in a perm ban.
    I was also thinking of something similar! Not sure about the implementation though.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2019
  5. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    Support, and you all know why I support. (...)

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Tog

Tog atpoaim Discord Moderator Premium Premium Premium Premium

IGN:
    Togpuss
    Agreed. Neutral

7. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

That doesn’t relate to what this suggestion is about, you gave in game items for the upgrade risking a chance of chargeback. This suggestion is about people thinking they are funny by buying stuff and chargebacking under another players name to get them banned.

8. Xethorias

Xethorias Senior Member

IGN:
    Xethorias
    tebex is pretty bad when it comes to verification but it should be possible for them to add additional vertification

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    My mistake, I didn't read the thread too well allthough I even talked about that myself in my ban appeal (which is now public). I'll delete my useless comment.

10. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

Yea however I don’t think people who are chargebacked by other players should be banned because it’s not their fault.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Full support. There have been many instances with innocent people being perm banned for something they never nor were aware of. I feel like this could turn into something more serious (like a potential lawsuit) which will not look good for us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OnlineDuty

OnlineDuty Active Member

There has been plenty of instances of this happening. Just scroll through the ban appeals and you can find some.

Breaking News: Minecraft Player, John Smith (30) takes Minecraft Server 'Skyblock' to court for falsely banning him. :L

Overall this isn't actually that bad of an idea. A verification system for all purchases would help to track the specific player who purchased the item so there is no confusion in these chargeback cases. It's quite silly how disorganised the handling of these 'chargeback attacks' are, but with a system like this in place I believe there would be no problem and the person who chargebacked under another players name can be investigated and given punishment based on the context of the chargeback.

I'm sure one day when you get chargebacked you'll come back to this thread with a whole different point of view, unless this thread has already been accepted by then. An extra step or two when buying a rank is a small price to pay for the total security of your account, isn't it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Armaganndon

Armaganndon Well-Known Member

IGN:
    armaganndon
    uhhhh right :flushed:

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Armaganndon

Armaganndon Well-Known Member

IGN:
    armaganndon
    AHEM

15. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    What I mean by on purpose is buying someone a rank them immediately charging back with the intent of getting that player banned. buying a rank for someone for a player then charging back months later isn't the intent to get the player banned its with the intent to get your money back

I have already been charged back few years ago on classic. The players account was hacked in which the hacker went on a shopping spree and bought over 20 players ranked and when the real player got their account back they had to charge back not with the intent of getting everyone banned but with the intent of having to get their money back since they lost over 1,000$.

Sure there's been some people who have purposely bought a rank and then instantly charged back a player back in the old days but I haven't seen an instance of that happening recently

16. OnlineDuty

OnlineDuty Active Member

I know that was what you meant, and the basis of my original reply stays the same. Scroll through the ban appeals and do some digging and you'll find players affected by this.

By saying 'chargebacked' I mean intentionally trying to get the player banned, which by the sound of it has not happened to you yet. Sorry for the confusion. The guy who is trying to get his money back is only one particular example of a chargeback however, and chargebacks with the intention to get someone banned do happen.

It's not like it happens every week. Just because majority of chargebacks aren't from people intentionally trying to get someone banned, doesn't mean verification won't help with the cases where this does happen, or where there is potential for it to happen.

17. iQuestionLogic

IGN:
    iQuestionLogic
  18. iiF4D3 :)

iiF4D3 :) Member

IGN:
    iiF4D3
    support, adds to more security in fair economy

19. Brake

Brake Experienced Member

I have had a spawner bought for me and then chargebacked.

20. LadyAnkie

LadyAnkie Active Member

IGN:
    LadyAnkie
    i myself have requested to get banned with all characters on buycraft because people have threatened to do exactly this. it would be great if they needed like a mail adress or a self made password or anytrhing to veryfy thye identity of the person to be able to buy stuff. i support this if its doable