Global Setting to stop mob combination

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by GrahamboPC, Apr 21, 2024.

1. GrahamboPC

GrahamboPC Member

IGN:
    GrahamboPC
    I was thinking about making one of those zombie pigman xp farms (You know, the ones with the magma and the pigman fall into the abyss?) If you don't know, heres a clip of what I mean. ilmango's Minecraft Gold/XP Farm | 1.16 - 1.20.1+ Java Edition (Music Removed Due to Copyright) (youtube.com) (skip to 18:29)

But then I remembered: This wouldn't work! Because all the mobs spawn together, the falling wouldn't work, and pigman don't get damaged by lava! (the lava wouldn't work either because you have to hit the mob or the enemy that causes the other guys to get mad to get xp from death)

So could you add a setting that stops mob combination in /settings? (by mob combination i mean two mobs together and they combine their total mobs in them to create a bigger one)

• No Support No Support x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. ~Sky~

~Sky~ Active Member

IGN:
    Skylandia
    If you could disable mob merging, what would be the point of having it in the first place?

3. emil733

emil733 Member

IGN:
    emil733
    The mobs combine to keep the number of entities low and to prevent lag. I don't think that the option to disable this feature would be good.

4. Kittykat713

Kittykat713 Member

IGN:
    Kittykat713
    I predict zero chance of this being implemented, as the mobs combining was added in purpose. It would be similar to "enable a setting to allow us to silk grass."

Never gonna happen.

Sent from my SM-S711B using Tapatalk

5. luka

luka macdondalds Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    No support. All reasons listed above. It’s there for a reason

6. CraftWithAbbie

CraftWithAbbie Active Member

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Some mobs though would be better with smaller stack numbers. Goat horn farms are hardt make as the goats all stack into one single goat. Being able to have them less stacked would work far better in farms. Likewise with sheep, spawners are kinda broken for dyed sheep as their stacking issues still exist a year on. Don't get rid of the stack plug in but it does need a lot of tweaking to fine tune better imo

7. ace_

ace_ Member

IGN:
    AaceOofSpadess
    okay just saying, i know that the mob merging is there to stop lag n stuff, but i'd remove it for some mobs (or make it a limit, ergo: 24 cows = merge)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CraftWithAbbie

CraftWithAbbie Active Member

IGN:
    CraftWithAbbie
    Something like this sounds like it would work. That's how it used to be lol and would help with the breeding quests, with shearing sheep again, which are broken still,. Goats could be farmed better etc lots of positive ways it could work out

9. luka

luka macdondalds Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    Make a new suggestion for that

10. ace_

ace_ Member

IGN:
    AaceOofSpadess
    bet!