Skyblock Server rules that aren't written???

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by BlckBstn, Feb 27, 2024.

Tags:

1. BlckBstn

BlckBstn Member

IGN:
    BlckBstn
    So there are a lot of times someone says "That's against the rules, you can get banned for that!", and even mods say it, but then you go looking to see where that's written down and can't find it.

For instance - flying machines aren't allowed. Where do you have that written down? I understand why flying machines could be problematic but I went to look at the "Skyblock Server Rules" on the forums, and it doesn't say anything about flying machines.

I've also been told having multiple accounts (alts) connected to "key farm" isn't allowed - and, in fact, I've recently noticed that when Vote Parties happen, my alt doesn't get keys from vote parties. It did once upon a time, but that changed. I also believe the voting websites specifically block two accounts from voting by comparing IPs.

So - is there a more extensive list of rules somewhere? Or does the rule list need to be updated? Because it's not really fair holding players to a set of unwritten rules that they cannot make themselves informed of...

2. ~Sky~

~Sky~ Active Member

IGN:
    Skylandia
    You can vote on multiple accounts using the vote4 website, and will receive vote party rewards on all connected accounts.

EDIT: it seems like vote4 added IP restrictions today (it worked yesterday). There is no official note on the website, but people are reporting that they can't vote on vote4 using their alt unless using a different network/vpn.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
  3. Kittykat713

Kittykat713 Member

IGN:
    Kittykat713
    I agree that the rules could be clarified or more things added. However, as Sky has pointed out, both your examples are in the rules if you read them.

Perhaps a separate guide for newer players with a list of commonly broken rules and explanations of why they're not allowed?

Sent from my SM-S711B using Tapatalk

4. BlckBstn

BlckBstn Member

IGN:
    BlckBstn
    I have an alt. When I have my alt connected at the same time as my main account, I do not recieve any vote party rewards on the Alt.

I can vote with my main. If I try to vote with the alt, it registers my IP and says "you can't vote any more today!".

5. Kittykat713

Kittykat713 Member

IGN:
    Kittykat713
    The rules on voting changed I believe last summer, and now only accounts which have voted receive vote party rewards. The IP restrictions (one vote per IP) are the fault of the voting links, not the server. If you wany vote party rewards on your alt, you have three choices:

1. Split your votes across the two accounts. This will get votes on both but *will* guarantee you won't get a gift card from voting. Not really recommended.

2. Vote your alt using your phone or other device OFF WiFi. Alternately, vote using a VPN. Your mileage may vary how annoying this is in practise.

3. As Sky mentioned, the 4th vote link has no IP restrictions. You are able to vote the 4th link on your main, refresh the page, and immediately vote again on your alt. Then you will get vote party rewards on your alt. This is the method I (and I think many others) use.

Also, be aware that even if you use method 2 and vote daily on both accounts, you will still only be eligible for one gift card. Alt accounts are not eligible to win, nor are multiple genuine players sharing one IP.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my SM-S711B using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bdarkslayer

Bdarkslayer Experienced Member

IGN:
    Bdarkslayer
    Both of the rules you stated are in the rules... what's the issue here?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AJZZ987

AJZZ987 Active Member

IGN:
    AJZZ987
    We gotta revamp the common sense rule since common sense aint so common anymore

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  8. Teeler

Teeler i am kenough

IGN:
    TeelerSwift69
    Both of the rules you questioned are literally in the rules first of all. Second of all, if there was to be a specific rule set for every tiny little thing that could happen then the list would be so long no one'd read it. Next point, you can vote on alts and it's not against the rules to afk when voting, if it was then people would actually get banned for it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1