Denied Sarge's Mod Application

Discussion in 'Denied Applications' started by Sarge, May 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ConortheAssasin

ConortheAssasin Active Member

With all due respect, I didn't really like you as a mod. No support.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
  2. Sarge

Sarge Experienced Member

Is there anything I can work on?

3. Galaxy

Galaxy Experienced Member

Support. I believe people change, and I see that you want to be better overall. Taking the long breaks help out with that. Overall, well done application.

4. Lycel

Lycel Senior Member

IGN:
    Lycel
    When I said wait a little while, I meant a few months (I think I waited 3?). It doesn't matter whether or not you were encouraged to reapply (most good Skyblockers are), your common sense really should have prevailed. Oh well, can't take it back now.
    I've already given you a support rating, but let's do this properly.

On the application:
    For the most part, it's great! I expected as much as you seem very well-spoken, and so most of my suggestions are small things and are mostly based on personal preference, so feel free to take it or leave it.

Not everyone has timezones memorised, so including the hour offset of the Pacific Timezone would be handy. I believe it's -8:00. Your concise answers to the rest of the short-form questions are great; no need to go overboard in this section at all.

When it comes to the main mod section, and I always say this, but--I don't like 'traits'. I think it blends you in with the crowd, as most of the traits you listed have been listed by a thousand applicants before you. You need to make this application to prove how you stand out from the crowd, so focus on why you're better than most of the other applicants. I don't know you extremely well so I can't say for sure, but I'd say your experience, intelligence, and multilingualism are your primary stand-out strengths. Write some fully formed examples and explanations of how you absolutely excel in these areas. It makes a far more unique and convincing application in my opinion.

Your formatting is fine, but using bold as a highlight for everything (titles, subtitles and highlights) is a little hard on the eyes. Again it's a matter of personal preference, but maybe use italics for subheadings, underlines for main headings, or use colours. I'm not fussed which, I just thought you might want to know that it's hard to read and therefore skim (which is what most application readers will be doing).

I quite like to include out-of-skyblock experience in the experience section. If you spend any time doing activities that relate to moderation at all, such as dealing with children or difficult customers, management, teamwork, committees, community, or any other number of things, you can add it to the experience section. It makes you look even more experienced, and shows that this isn't a superficial facade you have on Skyblock: you're genuinely a helpful person, even in real life.

On the applicant:
    You seem pretty genuine. You're nice when I interact with you, and you're certainly more experienced than some applicants. I do have concerns about whether you might be 'caught in the crowd' for two reasons: one, you posted this application far earlier than reason dictates simply because people told you to. You should be making your own decisions, unless they actually made good points on why you shouldn't wait any longer, in which case I'd love to hear them. Two, I think you used to associate with Stel and co. I don't have any confirmation of this (hence it has no effect on my support). There's nothing wrong with being friends with them at all (after all, I was/am too), as long as you don't put having fun with them and gaining their respect over your duties as a moderator. Unfortunately, this whole bit isn't based off a whole lot, as I wasn't around when you were a mod, so I'm prepared to look like an idiot.

Anyway to sum it up: you're cool, but I hope you're not too influenced by what others tell you to do. Make decisions because they're right, not because they're popular. If this is a problem for you, it's pretty easy to fix and improve upon, so there's no way it's a deal breaker for you becoming a mod anyway. Just some feedback.

Bonne chance !

5. User19980814

User19980814 Well-Known Member

Support, you seem like a very nice and mature guy.

6. Parrot

Parrot Guest

Oh my god, I can’t believe I haven’t commented on this already

No support I hate you

Lol, just kidding. MAJOR SUPPORT!
    If you didn’t see what I wrote above I was only kidding. MAJOR SUPPORT!

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2018
  7. DietPepsi22

DietPepsi22 Well-Known Member

I can't support you cuz I don't know you.

8. Sarge

Sarge Experienced Member

For starters, thank you for taking the time to write this all out. It really means a lot to me.
    You do make some valid points that I'll work on. I'll also rework my application as you suggested when I find the time.
    Thank you :)

9. World

World Well-Known Member

Mentioning GMT time could be a plus

Im not gonna quote all the traits you mentioned and i can't confirm them since I don't know you personally but it's a long list and i'll take your word for the things you said.

Being active is great and all but remember to exercise mildly-intensive for at least 30 minutes per day!

Good to see you have already been a mod. Past experience is not required but it can greatly help.

Error is a part of learning so I'll take your word here and say that you've learned from your mistakes.

After reading through the application i would say that you have earned my SUPPORT.

Kind regards,

World

10. War_

War_ Well-Known Member

You handled moderating in the past well so you have my support.

11. Monster_Sparklez

Monster_Sparklez Yee yee Bubba Premium Premium

IGN:
    Monster_Sparkles
    Neutral leaning towards support you should help out a bit more in chat and be a bit more active

12. Sarge

Sarge Experienced Member

Activity has been hard these recent weeks because of finals, ACT and Prom among other things. Sorry for it though, I'll be sure to work on it.

Thank you :)

13. laini

laini Ma'am Premium

IGN:
    Prxcto
    Thank you so much for taking the time to apply for staff on Skyblock.

Unfortunately, your moderator application has been denied as it has been inactive for over one month. We are looking for active staff, so we will only keep active applications open.

This thread has been moved to Denied Applications. If you are dissatisfied with this action, please report this post, and a moderator or administrator will reconsider it. You may also feel free to fill out another application in the future.

Kind regards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.