Withdrawn Rolly's Helper Application

Discussion in 'Withdrawn/Inactive Applications' started by Rolly, Mar 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    I didn’t try to go around the feedback. I appreciate it, and will work on improving my activity thought out different hours.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Personally I didn’t feel like the response I had was rude or immature. Thank you for your feedback and change of status.
    Let’s please not derail the thread. Ursus is entitled to his own opinion and point of view. Thank you Calidre for replying.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  2. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Hey Rolly Im so happy you came back and to see you again. I'm neutral for now because you came back last month or so and I think it would be beneficial for you to stick around the community for an extra month or so just to get more familiar with the new features and players that have joined while you were away.

I don't see you active on much but that's likely due to timezones and due to me not being on during the day. When I do see you on you do help out but once again the timezones make it hard. Forums I don't see you on much but again timezones.

Regarding your discord activity, I don't see you on much. I am on discord everyday at most hours and I've only seen you a few times.

I would work on improving your activity on discord more and being involved with the discord community more. there's a lot that goes on that you may be missing out on :D

3. Porky

Porky Active Member

1. I’m also European, so no, not time zone
    2. I’ve stated in multiple occasions I play on alts
    3. If I end up seeing you, I’ll possibly reconsider

Don’t forget, it’s not the players’ job to assess my opinion (this goes to everyone talking about my point being invalid / jumping to conclusions that my main doesn’t log on), but solely the applicants job

4. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Hi Rolly,

It's great to see you apply for staff on Skyblock. I will be neutral at the moment.

ACTIVITY/HELPING:
    • Skyblock:
      • You are fairly active on Skyblock as I see it. I see you help around, and are regularly having conversations with others. It's great to see you build relationships and bonds with others.
      • What I think you should improve on is activity. I pop on and rarely see you. This most likely is time zones but some days I'm on a long time and see you. I guess some days I see you and some days I do not.
      • You are well aware of Skyblock's environment, how it functions and that's great.
    • Economy:
      • I do not see you active on Economy a lot. You sometimes pop on as I see it and I personally don't see you online. Skyblock Survival is more large but there are rule breakers everywhere.
      • My suggestion is to boost activity on Economy.
      • I am unsure if you're aware of Economy's environment.
    • Discord/Forums:
      • You're fairly active on Forums and I have not much to add about it.
      • You're fairly active on Discord. I see you regularly having conversations with others.
      • My suggestion is to be a bit more active in the Help category on Discord. I do not really see you help out and I'd boost on that.
    Overall, you're a great applicant and as many others say, you've only returned a while ago and it's a tad bit early to apply. If you can prove that you can boost your activity, not only me but others may switch to support.

Good luck.

5. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Thank you all for the feedback! I will most definitely work on improving my activity across all platforms ( will try to play more in the night rather than just in the day ), that way I can get myself more known to players. I will also check the Help section on discord more frequently.

6. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

Hi, I'm back to comment again.

I noticed that there's a lot of criticism regarding Rolly's activity. I just wanted to reinstate that we all live in different timezones and even if we live in the same timezones, we may have different activity periods- as in some people would be more active in the morning and some would be more active in the evening / night time if that makes sense.

Personally, I see Rolly fairly active on skyblock and economy often engaging in conversations and helping out when questions are asked. I do agree that activity is a factor to consider when giving feedback to applicants but I feel as though the expectations are a bit high considering I see Rolly online consecutively for hours and hours (by that I mean 2 hours+) almost everyday when I'm online myself often playing around both servers. Moderating is essentially the same on both servers, so a moderator is able to moderate both servers despite being only active in one. Rolly has also been a long time player, so I'm sure that he is decently familiar with the features that both servers withold.

I'll be supporting this application. Again, you are engaging, super easy to talk to, helpful, and all in all friendly. And although like I've stated before, it does feel like this application is sort of rushed due to you only returning, I still feel as though you are decently ready for the position and that I would be supporting the application regardless in the future. I trust that you will continue to uphold your qualities :))

Once again, goodluck !!!!

7. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Thank you so much for this reply eunice! I really appreciate your support and will continue to uphold my standards! :happy:

8. haz

haz bobaa Premium

IGN:
    hazrdgalaxy
    Hey there rolly

I think I’ll stay neutral for now but in the future I might switch to support your very kind and helping on the servers and pretty cool you are also easy to talk with. The reason I’m going neutral is because you have took a very long break and are back you should know the community again and see the new updates and people. Time zones can be tricky that maybe why.
    Good luck!
    -Haz

Ok edit: Hi rolly ive been leaning over to support i think you would fit great. Support

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  9. skaM

skaM Well-Known Member

Support very helpful in chat and an overall nice individual.

10. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Thank you for the feedback, Haz!
    Thank you Kam!

11. DrogPerson

DrogPerson Member

IGN:
    DrogPerson
    i support you, you're really helpful, especially when i started and in some other situations you always explain everything :)

12. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Thank you Drog! I am glad I was able to help!

Also thank you needtorename for changing your status to support. I truly appreciate it!

13. haz

haz bobaa Premium

IGN:
    hazrdgalaxy
    Ive edited my reply u should check it out

oop and i didnt save i changed to support

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  14. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Thank you so much, hazard! I truly appreciate your support!

15. haz

haz bobaa Premium

IGN:
    hazrdgalaxy
    yess!!

16. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Bumping this!

P.S. I worked on my activity on Discord and started playing in more late hours in game.

17. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Bumping to support you seem like a good candidate :)

18. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Thank you so much for changing to support and for the kind words!

19. Rolly

Rolly Senior Member

IGN:
    Rolly__
    Bumping this application!

20. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

No Support. Applicant has been suspicious in the past to say the least and while they have just recently returned my net interaction with this player has been negative. Ambiguous statements and actions from this player have made me question how they would handle situations under pressure as a staff member.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.