Declined Reduce the Amount of Cobble in all Crates

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by archerexpert777, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_Dave1236

Super_Dave1236 Active Member

No support. I believe the cobble in the voter crate serves it's purpose well.

The chance of getting one of the four cobble rewards is only 40.5%. This is now made known when you look in the crate and it is accurate. (I personally analyzed the actual results of using 996 voter keys confirming this probability). Lowering the chances of getting cobble would require an increase in the other rewards or introduction of new rewards which may cause other balance problems.

Lowering the quantity of cobble received with the same probability might be a better option. Every player starts with the items needed to make a cobble gen and already has an unlimited supply of free cobble available to them, with a bit of effort.

Not every voter crate key redeemed is supposed to be awesome. New players might like the cobble, but established players should be thinking about the possibility of grinding voter keys into Common, Rare, and hopefully Legendary Keys. Getting cobble is kind of like losing a spin on a game show for a veteran player.

Finally, the voter and other crate keys have become a big part of the player economy and are bought and sold at most of the servers established shops. I think this has a lot to do with the high chance of getting cobble. Some would rather sell off the keys and get a little something rather than risk getting basically nothing.

2. Oakk

Oakk Experienced Member

IGN:
    OakiiDoakie
    I aggre with blyx

3. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    That's what I meant :p

Reducing the amount of cobble that is given to the players.

Also are you sure its 40.5%? If it is then what is the rest 59.5%?

4. Super_Dave1236

Super_Dave1236 Active Member

Yep, I'm sure! Just look in the voter crate and add it up. It's all there! :pomp:

5. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    Have I said how much I support this? bc i really support this idea. Cobble wont become too expensive. One idea would be to have the voter cobble have an nbt tag that you could trade in all of your voter cobble for an extra vote key (kinda like a respin) so people who wanted the cobble get to keep it and those who dont dont have to settle for it.

6. Frez

Frez Shark Super Moderator Premium

IGN:
    frezology
    Thank you for creating a suggestion!
    Unfortunately after looking at it we have decided that we will not be adding this feature. We felt like this would not be possible or needed in-game, so your suggestion has been declined. Feel free to create a new suggestion, we're always looking for new additions!
    This thread has been locked and moved to Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.