NA Random's Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Accepted Applications' started by Random, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Random

Random Well-Known Member

Introduction:
    Hello! Some people know me as Random, or RandomNinja14, depending on who you are and what you decided to call me. I am a moderator on Mineverse. Some friends from Mineverse introduced me to Skyblock and I fell in love with it.

Your in-game name:
    RandomNinja14
    This is the only in-game name I have ever had, and I do not plan on changing it.

What timezone are you in?
    Central Time Zone

What country do you live in?
    United States

What languages do you speak?
    I can only speak English fluently. I can speak a tiny bit of Spanish though, since I took it for three years (I am not fluent though, so don't expect fluent Spanish...).

Do you have 2FA enabled?
    Yes

Do you have the necessary means of capturing evidence? (i.e. recording software, screenshots, etc)
    I can take screenshots and I have bandicam. I use Imgur to upload any screenshots and my YouTube account to upload any videos needed to report someone. If needed I can download an editing software.

Why do you think you should become a mod?
    Honest/Trustworthy
    I was raised to value honesty and being honest is something that is very important to me. This also means I value being viewed as trustworthy. When I make a promise, or give someone my word I will do everything in my power to stick to my word and not break any promises.

Respectful
    Having respect is another thing I was raised to value. I try to be as respectful as I can, even when that respect is not reciprocated. No matter what happens, I work the hardest I can to maintain a respectful tone about my words.

Helpful
    When someone needs help, I try to be as helpful and respond as quickly as I can. If I am unable to give sufficient enough help, I will look more into the issue and find a better solution.

Mature
    Due to life experiences, I have grown up and become more mature than most people my age. I am seen as the mature one in my group of friends at school and try to be as mature as I can in every situation that I face.

Friendly
    I am a friendly person. I try to be as nice to everyone as I can, and when I make a mistake or upset someone I try my hardest to correct my mistakes. When someone is new to something I try to be as kind and friendly as possible and help them in any way and just become a friend.

Patient
    Patience is another characteristic that I have that I believe qualifies me for this position. Patience is something that all moderators must have. When multiple people are trying to get my attention at once I try to help them and be as patient with them as I can. When someone does not understand something after I have explained it multiple times I try to rephrase my explanation and be as patient with them as I can.

Fast Learner
    When faced with a task that I do not know how to perform, I learn quickly. Learning is something I have always enjoyed, and something that I am good at. I pick things up quickly.

How long can you be active on the server everyday?
    In-game:
    Sunday: At least 6 hours
    Monday: About 4 hours
    Tuesday: About 3 hours
    Wednesday: About 4 hours
    Thursday: About 3 hours
    Friday: About 3 hours
    Saturday: At least 6 hours

Forums:
    Sunday: At least 7 hours, since I am home during the day on Sunday’s so I can be on forums.
    Monday: About 5 hours, since I am on it at home and sometimes throughout the day at school.
    Tuesday: At least 7 hours
    Wednesday: At least 4 hours
    Thursday: At least 7 hours
    Friday: At least 7 hours
    Saturday: At least 7 hours, since I am home during the day on Saturday's so I can be on forums.

These may change as summer comes and I will have more time to be free, or my classes my change next semester, but I will still be active the same amount, if not more. These times are based around my current schedule, but since summer is coming I am more likely to be free more, but when school starts I should go back to around the same amount of times, just at different times.

How long have you been playing Skyblock?
    I honestly am not sure how long I have been playing it. Maybe 6 or 7 months. I know that is not long, but in that short amount of time I have made many friends and have grown to love this server.

Have you ever been banned in the past? (Forums & In-game)
    No. I have never been banned in-game or on forums.

Do you have any past experience as a moderator?
    Yes, I do have past experience. I am a senior moderator on Mineverse.

Do you meet the requirements to become staff?
    Yes

Outro:
    Thank you for taking the time to read my application. I hope you support me, but if not please leave reasons on why you do not support and how I could improve to possibly gain your support. Thank you to all of those who have supported me along my journey and have encouraged me to post this and give it a shot.

• Support Support x 10
    • No Support No Support x 5
  2. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    Support!!

Very kind and helpful

3. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    Support

4. anna

anna Well-Known Member

Didn't even need to read it, support!!!

5. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Guest

Support! You're mature, friendly and very easy to talk to.

nothing else

6. ILostMyKeys

ILostMyKeys Active Member

4 mods support it. Okay I'm in.

7. clxrity

clxrity Experienced Member

IGN:
    clxrity
    Support. Very helpful and friendly. You're a great moderator on Mineverse, I know you'll do great here.

8. _Geeky

_Geeky Member

Although I haven't seen much of you in-game, you seem like a very mature and helpful person worthy of moderator. It's probably my fault I haven't seen you because I'm in Australia. Anyways, Full support.

9. Marc

Marc Senior Member

IGN:
    marcuwu
    Support! :p

10. Teeeb

Teeeb Well-Known Member

You're barely active on MV lol.
    Love you, but neutral for now.

11. clxrity

clxrity Experienced Member

IGN:
    clxrity
    Random has one of the most logged bans on the team. She's probably honestly one of the most active mods? :confused:

12. Sam

Sam Senior Member

????
    why are you like wrong about everything

Support ofc

13. Bossgamer

Bossgamer Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Bossyy
    Yes you did it!
    Support. c;

14. abdul

abdul Griefer Premium

Support. xx

15. athyrix

athyrix Senior Member Premium

Your application is good, and you have great activity, but do you have enough space to moderate mineverse and Skyblock?

16. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

The problem I find with mineverse staff applying here is the fact you have a server which consistently has complaints of lack of staff and many times I have been contacted asking to moderate your game-modes: mornings and nights. I don't think it is wise to promote Mineverse staff here when your main server needs attention.
    Being active on both is harder than it seems, and I should know, having been a fully global moderator.
    No support.

17. Config

Config Well-Known Member

18. Ecstaxi

Ecstaxi Active Member

No support.

I do not think you are active in skyblock.net. (Maybe you have been moderating mineverse)
    I think you should focus on your minverse moderator role!

19. Dane

Dane Experienced Member

You do know that there are immense timezone differences between you and Krissy, the fact that you say she is unactive baffles me considering I see her online consistently. Maybe you should reiterate because it is totally false and untrue.

20. Krissy

Krissy f̺͆o̺͆r̺͆g̺͆m̺͆i̺͆n̺͆ Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

If you read I am not calling her inactive. But while it is all well and good she can be online as a player she has another responsibility to a server which she should focus on rather than here. Being an active staff member on both isn't as easy as it seems with other responsibilities like school etc.
    I see her on too but I don't think mineverse staff should staff the server here. We have already had a good run of staff who were fully global.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.