Implemented Prefixes in Tab

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions Archive' started by sabrina, Oct 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sabrina

sabrina boba4ownet

IGN:
    Sa_Sa_Sabrina
    Hello,

Just a little thing I've noticed while playing Skyblock, prefixes of ranks appear in tab along with the player's name like this:
    [​IMG]
    On crew's other server, only the colours of the ranks showed on tab, not the prefix (except for staff) like this:
    [​IMG]
    Personally I find this much neater as most of the time you can see the players full IGN in tab, and the colour of the name can be a definitive indicator of their rank.

My suggestion is for the removal of prefixes in tab (Except for staff, so players know who to contact simply by just looking at tab), as it is overall much more neat & easier to read IGNs.

Let me know what you think!

• Support Support x 23
    • Neutral Neutral x 3
  2. rent

rent Active Member

VERY EPIC I SUPPORT NEEDS TO BE IMPLEMENTED!!!!

3. Mai

Mai serendipity Discord Moderator Premium Premium

It looks a lot cleaner and the prefixes don't look repetitive in tab. I like your suggestion a lot more than how it currently is. Support.

4. Justin

Justin - Premium Premium

Support. This will also help with possible confusion between helper and d400 as many people have pointed out before. Overall, though, it looks a lot better than what we currently have!

5. PCcoolguy100

PCcoolguy100 Senior Member

IGN:
    PCcoolguy100
    omg yes please especially during dps when your playerlist look like a garbled bunch of letters

6. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Support, will be a lot cleaner and much more organized. Staff will only have prefixes for players to know who is who and can easily see staff.

7. Pancake

Pancake syrup x Moderator Premium

IGN:
    GangstaPancake
    Support. Would make the tab look so much nicer although it might confuse people with the helpers and donors as they are the same color. Something would have to change regarding that.

edit: changed “mods” to “helpers”

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  8. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Mods and Donors do not have the same colour. I believe you mean Helper and Donor400.

9. trinity

trinity selene Discord Moderator Premium

IGN:
    sunflow27
    Support. It looks really messy and I've always liked Minverses tabs a lot better. They look a lot more pleasing to me.

10. sabrina

sabrina boba4ownet

IGN:
    Sa_Sa_Sabrina
    if you think it looks neater & better for long users go ahead and support ;)
    as i said above & as is the case on MV, staff would keep their prefixes as to differentiate themselves in tab and so players know who to come to for help :)
    thanks for the support c:

11. Viper

Viper Well-Known Member

IGN:
    ItzVxper
    I actually agree with this. But the only exception would be the staff members so other players can find them if needed.

Support.

12. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support it'll be neat and simple so it doesn't burn my eyes

13. heyits62

heyits62 Active Member

IGN:
    I think I will neutral/support, because it does look a ton nicer. But when I visited mineverse for the first time i was so confused and I had no idea what the colours meant on tab without the ranks. didn't really affect anything, just bugged me c: much like the current sb ranks in tab bug others. basically i think new players would be confused but older players would like it

ALSO this was me coming from a similar rank-using server, (skyblock) so I can't imagine how confusing it could possibly be to new people, especially with nothing connecting titan on tab with the red text, and the titan prefix on chat with bright colours.

like [SkyTitan] with whatever colours has no relationship to a plain red name with no prefix on tab, making tab even more confusing to new players.

idk if i explained that well lol :/

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  14. Adriansop

Adriansop Moderator Moderator

IGN:
    Adriansop
    Was actually thinking about this lately, but I would have never expected support for it. It looks promising and I hope your suggestion gets accepted!

15. Slybudda

Slybudda THE GOAT Premium

IGN:
    Slybudda
    I'm voting neutral but might change to support soon
    this idea is AWESOME and I understand the reasoning as to why it would be a good implement as not being able to see full IGN is an issue, however fully removing the prefix from TAB wouldn't be the best way for this to be dealt with.

as an expansion to the idea we should be given the rights to TOGGLE this feature on or off on the fly, so people like me who like seeing the prefix in TAB are not being forced to lose it, but still grants people a solution to the problem :>

that's my neutral reasoning, with the toggle idea implemented its an instant support!

16. eunice

eunice epiphany Premium

I think this is a great suggestion as it could really help players distinguish between a moderator and actual players better

Support

17. sabrina

sabrina boba4ownet

IGN:
    Sa_Sa_Sabrina
    yep, i said this above in my suggestion & that’s exactly how it is on MV :)
    i see where you’re coming from, with sky titans being able to change the colours of their name and it not matching the tab. however, like with all servers, ranks appear in tab in order of most - least expensive (for skyblock, that’s skytitan at the top and sky knight at the bottom i believe, with no ranked players last) (for mineverse, it’s the green titans at the top with the yellow premiums at the bottom with nonranked players last) this should make it easy for players to grasp the order ranks go in, and prefix will still appear next to the players name in chat as normal.

having only helper/moderator tags show in tab will help new players not to confuse donors / ranked players for staff, and will allow them to be helped out a lot quicker (i’m not saying this is a big issue here, but on other servers you do have the occasional staff impersonation with a player being trolled & by who they think is staff)
    thank you nonetheless!! your explanation was very helpful, and the colour changed names hadn’t even come to mind before so thank you :)
    this is a cool idea, for players to be able to customise the tab to their liking, however i don’t know how achievable it is / what plugins would have to be installed for this to happen (a cool idea though!!)
    thank you!!

and can I just say, this community is so accepting & welcoming, i’m so pleased with the amount of manners & maturity in everyone’s responses, it truly is so refreshing :)

18. Slybudda

Slybudda THE GOAT Premium

IGN:
    Slybudda
    Its always a pleasure getting to know new players! glad you are feeling welcomed :heart:

19. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Resupport, love this idea.

20. fran

fran pensive Premium

IGN:
    franfiction
    You’re a genius, sabrina. This is why I love you. Full support

Don’t know why prefixes are so important, it just makes tab look dirty. Would be a lot better for everyone if they were removed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.