Under Evaluation ping when your IGN is used

Discussion in 'Server Gameplay Suggestions' started by boba, Sep 11, 2021.

1. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    ok so this is actually a feature in TrauPho’s Skyblock Mod however not everyone is able to use it. : (

anyways, so basically what happens is when someone uses your IGN in chat, it basically makes like a ding sound. ig the sound can be disabled if you turn down your music/master volume to 0%.

also it shows your IGN in a different colour, maybe yellow, something bright and noticeable. i think yellow is a good choice.

i think a reason why this would be nice to have is because if someone uses your IGN in chat and the chat is very active, it helps you know who ”mentioned” you.

from nov: a command to toggle the pinging can be /toggleping. i love it.

i hope this makes sense. :coffee:

• Support Support x 25
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
  2. Hireath (Astro)

Hireath (Astro) Well-Known Member

Support I think this will be helpful I have the attention span of a nat I often forget I am play Minecraft if I watch videos or on discord so adding this would be useful because I sometimes miss messages because I can’t find the color off messages because chat is pretty much all color

I have also seen one where it bolds the name and puts a line under it like this Boba which could also work

3. Prometheus

Prometheus Active Member Premium

IGN:
    PrometheusTheMad
    I like the idea, not sure about yellow, I guess that would be tested I think dark red is the most obvious, or bolded and italics, either way the ding sound would be useful as not alot of players scan chat in detail and miss their name often

4. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    I like this idea, definitely difficult to see your name in all the chat sometimes!

I know there are a few mods/clients out there that do allow this so it may be worth if you like this idea looking into those!

5. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    It can be annoying when people are trying to get your attention and you miss the msgs, that’s why usually when I’m trying to get someone’s attention I /msg them so it shows up in different more vibrant colours on the screen.

however, it would be the same issue as for example discord with spam pings. The ping should have a cool down of like 5 seconds or so otherwise you could just auto fill spam someone’s name and have repeated annoying notifications. Otherwise though support

6. Krissy

Krissy hyyh Administrator Discord Administrator Premium Premium

I think last time I said its a good idea to have but I think that we should be able to choose if we have this feature or not. Some people may not want to be alerted at all but still want sounds on.

Support, as long as we get to turn the feature on or off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    bolding/underlining the name would definitely be very cool. it probably is possible but might be a bit funky cause bold is kinda giant so it’d look weird BUT noticeable :’) in chat. ty for support
    i think if the idea is considered, the staff team can have a vote on which colour looks best and if bolding/underline look good or not. however ty for the support
    thanks i’m just a genius : p

clients/mods are always good but it sucks not being able to install them. i hope u remember my struggles #brockenminecraft :cry:
    definitely! spam could be an issue and very annoying if you keep hearing a ding constantly. i think instead of a cooldown, maybe a toggle just so it’s optional for players. also ty for the support
    a toggle would be amazing. idk what command name could be created for it but i’ll brainstorm and add it to the suggestion post :’)

ty for the support mum

8. Talisbar

Talisbar Member

IGN:
    Talisbar
    I support.

9. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Support. Used to use traus mod but uhm lets just say i keep switching devices.
    It will really be helpful as sometimes i dont pay attention in chat and i end up missing messages from people talking to me

10. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    thanks!
    ty post farmer

11. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Np (post farmer protection)

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  12. Marcy

Marcy Apostlé of Falcons Premium

IGN:
    Marcawn
    Maybe perhaps make the name bold as well as you said color too? Support as Marcawn has been answering questions from players and they don't see the solution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    bold is nice but would make chat look weird for some people because there’s a fat text. however it is noticeable which helps. ty for the support

14. Novembree

Novembree Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Novembree
    Support - this would be a great addition to the game. I agree a toggle for this would be essential, so the command maybe could be /toggleping ? If possible, having it underlined would also make it more noticeable in chat. I find especially on survival when the chat is active I end up missing messages, so I'd love to see this implemented.

15. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    yes i love that command name. lmk if it’s okay to add to the original suggestion post :heart:

16. Novembree

Novembree Super Moderator Super Moderator

IGN:
    Novembree
    Of course, go for it :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    thanks nov!!

also thanks to everyone who’s supported. i think dixie d’amelio’s met gala outfit really boosted my thinking to have suggested such an amazing idea.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  18. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    bump

19. boba

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    bumping again :/

20. YouthHalo

YouthHalo Active Member

IGN:
    YouthHalo
    Support, Many servers have sounds when your name is said in chat, and it's really good. I would say maybe a ding per person, per a set amount of time, so that multiple people can ping you within the cooldown.