Origin of your minecraft/forums username

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by Moist Frapple, Sep 21, 2018.

1. plum

plum Well-Known Member

IGN:
    plumx
    i had multiple names and one of them got me banned on multiple servers (oopsie)

2. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    I’m Splat1221, my 1st YT was masterSPLAT1221 so I was Splat, my birthday is 1221so I got 1221, Splat1221, BOOM

3. Moonlight_Pixels

Moonlight_Pixels Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Moonlight_Pixels
    Borrowed my friend's account called rainbow_pixels.
    Decided to get my own... in the middle of the night. So when i was deciding names, I was like "oo I like the light of the moon shining through" (i know it sounds cheesy) so I'll name myself moonlight_pixels!"

4. plum

plum Well-Known Member

IGN:
    plumx
    right now my forums name is filomena (middle name)
    but it's usually plum.
    i was watching television and i heard 'sugar plum fairy' and so i named myself plum fairy and then it turned into plum
    :)

5. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    Could someone explain how I got my name lmao. I've said this soo many times and don't feel like typing

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. ItsRed

ItsRed Well-Known Member

IGN:
    HeyItsRed
    my brother had a minecraft account called jmoney241 thats how i got rmoney241 J and r stood for our names james and robert then as i got older then 6 maybe i was 8 i think i changed it to redpandaplayz241 or something like that because i thought red pandas were cool then when i got back into minecraft when i was 10 i changed it to XTheRedGamerX Then HeyItsRed Now Red______

I got my minecraft account from my dad for my 6th birthday i redeemed the gift card 11 August, 2013 and thus rmoney241 was born

7. Blyx

Blyx Senior Member

IGN:
    Blyx_
    I wanted a unique name which was only a few characters and short and snappy. I also didn't want numbers.

Lo and behold, I opened up a random letter generator and just kept generating random combinations and noting down those I liked: Initially, I got "iblix" but that was taken and too 'rough' for my liking, so I swapped some characters out until I got to Iblyxe. After using it for a while I dropped the I and e and was left with Blyx, which is where we are today.

Fun fact: Although I randomly generated it to get here, it is actually a legitimate English name meaning "bliss".

Also, despite my forums name being Blyx, I probably wouldn't have ever changed my IGN to match it if it wasn't for the B-team *cough* Bossgamer and blaq *cough* bullying me into changing it to be a proper member.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Annn

Annn yoongi Premium

IGN:
    AN_AM
    my ign is being shared, so thats why i have never changed the name

9. Devannn_

Devannn_ Beyoncé Moderator

IGN:
    Devannn_
    Ok.

When I first got Minecraft and before I even knew what Multiplayer was, I named myself 'Devank109'. 'Devan' being my first name, 'k' being the first letter of my middle name (Kai) and '109' being my door number.
    However, when I came across Multiplayer after searching what the heck it was, I came across Skyblock.net and wanted a cooler name. My next name was originally meant to be: 'The_Amazing_Gamer' but I think it was too long so it changed to 'The_AmazingGamer'. It's an unusual name, I know.
    After playing Skyblock for some time, people started to call me Amazing, which was then my nickname. I used to think 'Why, why, why does my nickname have to be an adjective', but oh well.
    After 8 months, I noticed players naming their accounts something like 'LucyPlays' or 'AndyPlays' so I decided to change my name to 'AmazingPlays' due to Amazing being my nickname.
    5 months later, I wanted to change my name as I hated 'AmazingPlays'. I then changed it to 'Itz_Amazing13' as I noticed players calling their accounts something like 'Itz_Jack' or 'Itz_Amy'. I also added '13' as that was my age at the time.
    One month later, I wanted to change my name badly as I didn't think 'Itz_Amazing13' fit me. I was talking to a bunch of friends on a skype call what I should call myself. I said ''Why don't I just name myself 'Amazing' like just 'Amazing'?''; this gave me an idea of the name 'JustAmaZing_'.
    Over one month later, I got tired of this name so I changed it to 'AmazingxXx', not knowing the end bit means something bad. After a number of people told me, 7 months later, I quickly changed my name to 'Amazinggg_'. I was happy with this name and thought this was my final name that I would stick to.
    But... it wasn't.
    I really hated my nickname being 'Amazing' and people calling me 'Amazing'; I wanted people to call me by my real name as that is the real me, I thought. But, I didn't change my name as LOTS of people from many different servers knew me as 'Amazing' and I didn't want to confuse them or make them not recognise me.
    As Christmas came nearby, I wanted to change my name to something christmassy. So I had an idea of for one month, change my name to 'FestiveDevan' and see how it goes, telling people that MEH NAMES DEVAN. This worked. Many people got confused at first but once I told them, they understood. I finally felt as though 'Amazing' drifted away, which was good as that was my plan. After Christmas went by and Santa delivered all the prezzies, I decided to change my name to 'Devannn_'.
    Since 03/01/2018, my name has been kept as 'Devannn_'.

hehe

EDIT: my forums name just copies my in-game name hehe

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. FatalDisaster

FatalDisaster Hollywood's Bleeding

IGN:
    FatalDisaster
    My forums name is just something stupid I made up while watching the episode of The Office were Jim says 'Bears beets battlestar galactica' :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. K41YU

K41YU ahiru-san Moderator Premium

IGN:
    K41YU
    My name is Kaiyu but I have spelled it as K41YU because the name was taken. People tend to not see my name as Kaiyu so I get called K, K4, and K41. My name is a secret message. I came up with it a long time ago before I even knew who Caillou was.

k = Means “okay” but literally just “K”.
    ai = The word “ai” means love in Japanese but also sounds like the English word, “I”.
    yu = Sounds like the English word for “you”.

“k I love you”

I speak Japanese, so yeah. Most people just shorten my name to just Kai because it’s easier and I have done different suffixes with it (Ex: Kaijuu) and etc. which doesn’t have any hidden meaning to them. I had my username as Kaisipher once because someone referenced me to the fire character Calcifer from Howl’s Moving Castle.

Hello other Kai :D nice to meet you.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Moee

Moee Well-Known Member

IGN:
    moearnings
    My IGN is moearnings, and always has been. I sort of inherited this from my dad, who had an xboc live account named moearnings. My dad bought me minecraft shortly after 1.7.10 dropped (Idk when that is), and a few days later, I started playing skyblock. Note: I had been playing console for years way before I got PC edition. moearnings means mo-- as in more, and earnings-- as in money. A lot of people just call me Moe, which is totally fine by me. Anyways, I have come to really appreciate the name.
    k bye

13. lilCupcakeFreak

lilCupcakeFreak Well-Known Member Discord Moderator

IGN:
    lilcupcakefreak
    lilcupcakefreak... well that came from me needed a name on xbox so i could play gta and minecraft on there, i like cupcakes and am a little weird so... and soon migrated it to pc minecraft and now use it wherever i can :p

14. catclaw4335

catclaw4335 Active Member

IGN:
    catclaw4335
    This is a bit of an odd backstory. years ago when i was very young, I played a game called, some of you may not know this game, Poptropica. I kept forgetting my accounts so i kept making new ones. they had the option to randomize the numbers in the name far variation from accounts. there was one that always stuck with me for some reason. Now before, sense i was so young, my username always started with catman. That was my first username that i used for everything was catman4335. years later, i thought it was childish to have "man" in the name, so i replaced "man" with "claw". and that led to the username of my current accounts.

15. Cheesy

Cheesy Senior Member

Please, it can’t be more embarrassing than Minecraft? Can it?

16. lowfps10

lowfps10 Active Member

IGN:
    lowfps10
    maybe

17. BennyDonut

BennyDonut Active Member Premium

IGN:
    BennyDonut
    Back then before I start Minecraft it was that type of era where social media became popular among us middle school kids. I had my friend make me a Facebook account because I didn't know how to, (look back at it now I felt stupid on how easy it was) so he gave me the name BennyDonut. Reason is Benny is my first name and is real but Donut I didn't know why he choose that, maybe I did something about donuts that gave him that idea. Since that moment I stuck with that nickname because it was unique and I see no one using it, hence the origin of my IGN.

18. VonArnout

VonArnout Well-Known Member

IGN:
    VonArnout
    My actual real life name is Arnout. Arnout was taken, added Von in front of it.

Magic!

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Splat1221

Splat1221 Active Member

IGN:
    SplatBerry
    Idk, many years ago I make my ign.

20. WotzWotz

WotzWotz Active Member

IGN:
    Henry6927
    The account henry6927 has been called that since it was made (in late 2011), its when my younger brother played Minecraft his name was henry, I had my own account, but I played on his for some reason after he quit, I got skyknight on henry6927 account after I was playing here on his account for a while (basically mine now) , and I deleted the email that is connected to this account, so I can't change the username now :(