Org Bonemeal Prices

Discussion in 'Discussions Archive' started by GeoSkye, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Goden

Goden Well-Known Member

Forcing us to rely on other methods wasn't the smartest idea, though. Think of it like this.
    Switching to creeper grinders causes the same thing as skeletons, just less drops. For example, yesterday, Roblox grinded for around 4 minutes at a certain powerful grinder, and the tps dropped to 6.
    Pumpkin farms require insane amounts of pistons and redstone, and that lags the server a ton as well. For you old players, before the reset, farms like CobaltX0's were so laggy, you could barely move on their isle without being all jagged.
    Netherwart farms require a lot of effort, and people are lazy. So they use hacks, like Nuker, to break their netherwart. Using Nuler breaks tons of blocks at once, and fast block breaking can lag, even if it's only minor. Though stack that with around 30 people doing that at once.
    --------
    Cyp, let me tell you this.
    You can't stop human greed.

2. Sega_inc

Sega_inc Experienced Member

IGN:
    BarefootContessa
    I have to say, while yes, the bone prices may have dropped, I agree with Sakura. There are still ways of making money, Infact, I have 400k, not from Skeleton grinding, but just from sales alone, and setting a budget. I wouldn't spend past a certain amount, until I regained some money. I sold nether warts, I sold items to players, and usually I do stuff for free.

The money is what kills people, and to your statement to people wanting to be on Baltop 1, why? See with a nice island, you can admire it, walk around, and be proud. With money, it's just like "Oh, congrats, you didn't spend a dime". Now, I'm not trying to insult or say I dislike those players, I am only saying, there's is more to it than just money. Us middle class players do just fine, with what we have. Bones shouldn't affect us too hard.

As for the warning, a weeks notice would have been great, like "don't forget to dispose of any bones while you can". But then I can also see why there may not have been one, simply to say "Got you". I believe it was more than just the lag, I feel people were complaining about how it maybe made too much money (yes I have seen people say it).

In all, just because we lost some cash on bones, doesn't mean we will suffer, in fact, I feel things will get better, soon. Bones may not come back to full sale price, but at least we can still make money in other fashions. The economy has shifted many times before, and this is just another one of those changes. I've seen this place from 2012-now, and people always find some way to do it.

3. bERYbERRY

bERYbERRY c000000000000000kies Builder Premium

IGN:
    BertBerry
    I need money just to buy spawners and make public animal place, a better grinder and a public pet place where people can feed cat/wolves things to let em there pets

4. Goden

Goden Well-Known Member

I'm a pet
    woo

5. bERYbERRY

IGN:
    BertBerry
    Not my pet though D:

6. Goden

Goden Well-Known Member

You can be if you wanna ;)
    oh that came out sexual
    welp
    screw me

7. bERYbERRY

IGN:
    BertBerry
    "you can be if you wanna"

No I wont be your pet

8. Goden

Goden Well-Known Member

I mean, I can be your pet

9. bERYbERRY

IGN:
    BertBerry
  10. mistyt25

mistyt25 Active Member

Okay so my beliefs.... I feel there should have been a warning. I also feel this isn't a horrible thing. Creepers drop only gun powder so there isn't any left overs. I think this can help alot. It makes sense to me.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

11. Awesomolocity

Awesomolocity Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    Pretty much agreed, except for one thing:

The drastic amount of the cut will not lead to a balanced economy, where all farmable things give equal return.

A balanced economy would be best for the server, because regardless of what you put time into, you'd end up with the same amount of money - which would lead to users farming what they enjoy farming, rather than everyone doing the same thing just because it pays best.

However, a balanced economy would be so hard to create that it's probably not worth cyp's time.

12. Awesomolocity

Awesomolocity Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    So he shouldn't have done anything, instead? :p

13. Goden

Goden Well-Known Member

Honestly? No, I don't think he should've. Basically, humans are creative and greedy, and every time Cyp lowers the price on one thing, we'll find out another way to make money that lags the server without us trying to purposefully lag it. It's a circle that eventually butchers the economy.

14. chrix32

chrix32 Active Member

Ehh until farming is so hard no one does it. I believe it's almost to that point too.