Discord Opinion on nuts?

Discussion in 'Discussion' started by JAWD543, Apr 5, 2022.

?

Is nuts a bad word?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. No

15 vote(s)
    88.2%
  1. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    best comment on this thread

anyways, "nuts" isn't a bad word. Just like most words that may have a secondary (but offensive, or in this case, a "bad word") meaning, as long as you use it in the appropriate manner, you won't get punished.

Ex: "What kind of nuts do you like?" "I like cashews."
    "Dude, I fell on my butt yesterday when going down my stairs."
    "Hey, you mind leaving me alone, I have a lot of stuff to do."

I don't have to explain the secondary meaning for these words mostly because they are self explanatory, and I do not wish to be punished for doing so. The 3rd sentence may be a little difficult to decipher, but that's fine, whether you understand it or not is not my concern, but I guess I felt the need to give examples for some of the people here.

2. Ca1

Ca1 Senior Member

we already established this

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Queen

Queen Well-Known Member

IGN:
    QueenxAlex
    suggon deez

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Amazing Amazing x 1
    • Cookie Cookie x 1
  4. Prometheus

Prometheus Active Member Premium

IGN:
    PrometheusTheMad
    ... cashews?

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. boba

boba modern manifesto Premium

IGN:
    BobaLatte
    Please, kitten is currently hiding in her corner... *calms kitten down*...

As a Mineverse Discord Moderator,

I love salted almonds I will literally rob a bank for them

• Winner Winner x 2
  6. Megan

Megan Experienced Member Premium

IGN:
    Meggann
    The rules are crystal clear.
    We don’t need to add a rule that says “Don’t say nuts.” Nuts is a completely appropriate word to use WHEN used correctly. Not the way you did.

Common sense.

C7719A22-6CA0-4B53-8B23-5E208E0C2488.jpeg

Context is key.

I think you need to take the time to read what Bree has said to you and realise why you were actually muted rather than spreading a false edition of what happened.

Your mute message was even clearer.

This thread has 0 purpose currently and I’m not even clear on what you are trying to achieve.

The forums is not somewhere to be turned into a moan fest.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. archerexpert777

archerexpert777 Senior Member

IGN:
    simparch777
    nah eating nuts is good for you. As such i LOVE nuts :). Packed in protein and important vitamins and minerals they are a great FOOD SOURCE that are small enough to be carried around and consumed quickly :) wink wink

8. 1_sis_1

1_sis_1 Active Member

IGN:
    1_Sis_1
    Goblin Deez n- ✋

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. luka

luka macdondalds Moderator Premium

IGN:
    Houzo
    I like cashews

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Agent

Agent not really an agent Premium

IGN:
    Agentyy
    i should start keeping track of how many times you concern me

anyways, cashews are def my favorite. i don't have them a lot, but when i do i remember how amazing they are. i feel like i'm transcending

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    I feel this.

second has to be a good ole classic peanut but.
    still in the shell nad shucking it and then getting a little reward is so fun

12. Prometheus

Prometheus Active Member Premium

IGN:
    PrometheusTheMad
    I loved the bags of salted peanuts still in the brine I used to get at supermarkets, haven't seen them for a while sadly

13. NotErics

NotErics Well-Known Member

IGN:
    NotErics
    I will not allow cashew slander to take place, as it is 100% top 3 nuts (not 3 or 2).

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. Emerald

Emerald Senior Member

IGN:
    TheEpicEmerald
    I’m allergic

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Gamzee24

Gamzee24 Loner Premium

IGN:
    Gamzee2448
    this thread has really gone in the direction that it was supposed to go and i’m proud of everyone

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    thats sad

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Calidre

Calidre Experienced Member

IGN:
    Calidre
    Nutter Butter supreme variation of nuts :pomp:

18. MorayEel

MorayEel Active Member Premium

IGN:
    MorayEel
    Nut (fruit)
    A nut is a fruit consisting of a hard or tough nutshell protecting a kernel which is usually edible. In general usage and in a culinary sense, a wide variety of dry seeds are called nuts, but in a botanical context "nut" implies that the shell does not open to release the seed (indehiscent).

Most seeds come from fruits that naturally free themselves from the shell, but this is not the case in nuts such as hazelnuts, chestnuts, and acorns, which have hard shell walls and originate from a compound ovary. The general and original usage of the term is less restrictive, and many nuts (in the culinary sense), such as almonds, pecans, pistachios, walnuts, and Brazil nuts,[1] are not nuts in a botanical sense. Common usage of the term often refers to any hard-walled, edible kernel as a nut.[2] Nuts are an energy-dense and nutrient-rich food source.

Botanical definition
    A seed is the mature fertilised ovule of a plant; it consists of three parts, the embryo which will develop into a new plant, the endosperm which contains nutrients, and a protective seed coat. Botanically, a nut is a seed which has a large proportion of endosperm and a tough seed coat which becomes increasingly hard as the nut matures.[4] One or a few nuts may be contained in an involucre, a cup-shaped structure formed from the flower bracts. The involucre may be scaly, spiny, leafy or tubular, depending on the species of nut.[5] Most nuts come from the pistils with inferior ovaries (see flower) and all are indehiscent (not opening at maturity). True nuts are produced, for example, by some plant families of the order Fagales. These include beech (Fagus), chestnut (Castanea), oak(Quercus), Stone-oak,(Lithocarpus) and tanoak (Notholithocarpus) in the family Fagaceae, as well as hazel, filbert (Corylus) and hornbeam (Carpinus) in the family Betulaceae.

Also widely known as nuts are dry drupes, which include pecans (Carya illinoensis), almonds (Prunus amygdalus), macadamia (Macadamia integrifolia), candlenut(Aleurites moluccanus), water caltrop (Trapa bicornis) and walnuts (Juglans regia). A drupe is an indehiscent fruit which has an outer fleshy part consisting of the exocarp, or skin, and mesocarp, or flesh, which surround a single pit or stone, the endocarp with a seed (kernel) inside. In a dry drupe, the outer parts dry up and the remaining husk is part of the ovary wall or pericarp, and the hard inner wall surrounding the seed represents the inner part of the pericarp.[5]

A small nut may be called a "nutlet" (or nucule, a term otherwise referring to the oogonium of stoneworts). In botany, the term "nutlet" specifically refers to a pyrena or pyrene, which is a seed covered by a stony layer, such as the kernel of a drupe. Walnuts and hickories (Juglandaceae) have fruits that are difficult to classify. They are considered to be nuts under some definitions but are also referred to as drupaceous nuts.

In common use, a "tree nut" is, as the name implies, any nut coming from a tree. This most often comes up regarding food allergies; a person may be allergic specifically to peanuts (which are not tree nuts but legumes), whereas others may be allergic to the wider range of nuts that grow on trees.

Research
    Nuts are under preliminary research to assess whether their consumption may lower risk for some diseases, such as cardiovascular diseases and cancer.[3][16] A 2014 review indicated that consuming one or more servings of nuts or peanut butter per day could lower the risk of ischemic heart disease, overall cardiovascular disease, stroke in women, and all-cause mortality.

• Cookie Cookie x 1
  19. Awesomolocity

Awesomolocity Well-Known Member

IGN:
    Awesomolocity
    Thank you moray, I agree with this entire post, which is why I'm quoting it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. luka

IGN:
    Houzo
    loved reading this in-depth analysis on nuts!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1